• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 17, 2017 (Apr 24 - Apr 30)

ggx2ac

Forza games individually don't sell much, H3 being the only notable hit with 2.5 million. Compare that to GT6, late PS3 games that has sold near 6 million. The points you made can be made to the PS360, where GT5 released late, and managed to sell 10 million+. These games are incredibly popular in Europe (as is racing), though I don't expect GTS to do as well as GT5 since its more online focused.

I don't know about that.

Being more online focused usually means the game will probably last longer due to its online services for competitive gaming communities, which means it could get exposure on Twitch for longer and have a longer shelf life. Especially if they don't end up releasing a new Gran Turismo for another four years.

Being more online focused usually means the game will probably last longer due to its online services for competitive gaming communities, which means it could get exposure on Twitch for longer and have a longer shelf life. Especially if they don't end up releasing a new Gran Turismo for another four years.

If?!

ggx2ac

The pattern I'm looking at in the Gran Turismo series wiki is that there's always been at least two mainline Gran Turismo games for each console generation with the second one getting more cars to select. (And that there was a 4 year difference between the release of GT6 and GTS. Or the 3 year difference with GT5 and GT6)

I haven't seen any spinoffs listed from 2010 to present, if they're becoming more online focused with their series that may explain why.

If they add new tracks to Gran Turismo Sports as free updates and new cars as DLC would they need a sequel in the same console gen? Not really, although I can understand releasing a sequel for PS4 in 2020/2021 could still give them a lot of sales.

That's got nothing to do with ambition: they're already shipping everything they can. Current shortages are not due to Nintendo keeping stock in their warehouses for future use or anything.

By ambitious I mean a more conscious effort to allocate 30K more hardware stock to Japan instead of the 40-50K weekly. Deliberately taking 10K from 3 other territories to do so. So it is not about just shipping what they can produce but where they are allocating stock.

Considering Japan might be the only territory for Switch to catch PS4, in terms of perception it would help encourage developer support.

I think it would help Splatoon2 a lot.

Not saying that Nintendo would do this but it would be what I call ambitious.

I think Dragon Quest XI Switch Edition is being held back for a larger user-base so the faster Nintendo gets Switch to 2-3 Million in Japan the less wait and see positions publishers will take.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
By ambitious I mean a more conscious effort to allocate 30K more hardware stock to Japan instead of the 40-50K weekly. Deliberately taking 10K from 3 other territories. So it is not about just shipping what they can produce but where they are allocating stock.

Considering Japan might be the only territory for Switch to catch PS4, in terms of perception it would help encourage developer support.

I think it would help Splatoon2 a lot.

Not saying that Nintendo would do this but it would be what I call ambitious.

I think Dragon Quest XI Switch Edition is being held back for a larger user-base so the faster Nintendo gets Switch to 2-3 Million in Japan the less wait and see positions publishers will take.
What do you mean catch the PS4 in terms of perception the PS4 sells 20k a week there it's already beaten the PS4 in perception in Japan. That was never a question. I'm sure even 3rd parties expected this. the PS4 isn't attractive to Japanese 3rd parties because of it's sales in Japan, it's attractive because of it's phenomenal sales in the west. Switch doing well in the west would have a far bigger impact than doing well in Japan. the 3DS is at over 20 million sold. In terms of number of titles it receives it's comparable to the vita. It gets far bigger games but the 3rd parties that transition away from the 3DS aren't going to suddenly come back because the switch sells well in Japan. Third parties ideally want both a good domestic and worldwide install base and sales outside of Japan are far more difficult for Nintendo to attain than Japanese sales were the competition is literally non-existent.

What do you mean catch the PS4 in terms of perception the PS4 sells 20k a week there it's already beaten the PS4 in perception in Japan. That was never a question. I'm sure even 3rd parties expected this. the PS4 isn't attractive to Japanese 3rd parties because of it's sales in Japan, it's attractive because of it's phenomenal sales in the west. Switch doing well in the west would have a far bigger impact than doing well in Japan. the 3DS is at over 20 million sold. In terms of number of titles it receives it's comparable to the vita. It gets far bigger games but the 3rd parties that transition away from the 3DS aren't going to suddenly come back because the switch sells well in Japan. Third parties ideally want both a good domestic and worldwide install base and sales outside of Japan are far more difficult for Nintendo to attain than Japanese sales were the competition is literally non-existent.

I am talking about the user-base not just outselling PS4 weekly. Switch will get the user base crown in Japan a few years from now. Example Square Enix holding back acknowledging the DQXI port for Switch.

This is a media create thread so I was not considering the West at all. We would need to see much more support from western developers to know if Switch has a chance to keep selling well.

In Japan as far as perception of sales is concerned I worry about the high expectations. It is hard to know what people are thinking. I mean we have posts here saying Switch sold poorly last week because it did not sell 100K or 200K.

I think if Nintendo could sell above 40K every week through summer they would be happy with that. But for the rest of us tracking sales in these threads, not so sure that is good enough.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I am talking about the user-base not just outselling PS4 weekly. Switch will get the user base crown in Japan a few years from now. Example Square Enix holding back acknowledging the DQXI port for Switch.

This is a media create thread so I was not considering the West at all. We would need to see much more support from western developers to know if Switch has a chance to keep selling well.

In Japan as far as perception of sales is concerned I worry about that high expectations. It is hard to know what people are thinking. I mean we have posts here saying Switch sold poorly last week because it did not sell 100K or 200K.

I think if Nintendo could sell above 40K every week through summer they would be happy with that. But for the rest of us tracking sales in these threads, not so sure that is good enough.
It doesn't really matter what we think what matters is how well it tracks alongside the 3DS. It's more expensive than the 3DS and is getting close to outselling it launch aligned. 3rd parties will see that and see it's a good sign as far as domestic sales go. PS4 has a massive problem with substantial domestic sales. Plenty of 100k-500k titles Almost none much more above that and beyond a million non-existent. Any major Japanese company interested in that will have to look at the switch and 3DS. The switches competition with the PS4 is in terms of smaller games for which is very much a big question mark.

Either way this stock problem is a temporary issue. supply will eventually reach demand in Japan. Nintendo is just trying to get as big a head start as possible in non domestic markets before catering to domestic.

I don't know about that.

We'll see. They could position it as one per generation and have continuous updates, or they could also release GT7 later on the PS4. No one is really sure what PD plan to do.

L~A

Not sure Nintendo is trying to get any headstart anywhere with the Switch. If anything, they've been treating each market equally so far (relative to their size, obviously). And it's not really an issue, because the console is selling out worldwide (it's not like amiibo where stores in Australia got way more amiibo than needed, while they were completely out of stock in the US).

Dragon Quest Summer Festival 2017 announced for August 5th and 6th, with special stage show for DQX 5th Anniversary. I guess that's where they'll announce the release date for DQX PS4/Switch
(and DQXI Switch yeah no)

http://www.dragonquest.jp/DQmatsuri/

Principate

Saint Titanfall
We'll see. They could position it as one per generation and have continuous updates, or they could also release GT7 later on the PS4. No one is really sure what PD plan to do.

I thought GT Sport was supposed to be a prologue type game to the next GT that was expanded thus the next game should be fairly slow. But then again Polyphony seems honestly incompetently slow so who really knows.

It doesn't really matter what we think what matters is how well it tracks alongside the 3DS. It's more expensive than the 3DS and is getting close to outselling it launch aligned. 3rd parties will see that and see it's a good sign as far as domestic sales go. PS4 has a massive problem with substantial domestic sales. Plenty of 100k-500k titles Almost none much more above that and beyond a million non-existent. Any major Japanese company interested in that will have to look at the switch and 3DS. The switches competition with the PS4 is in terms of smaller games for which is very much a big question mark.

Either way this stock problem is a temporary issue. supply will eventually reach demand in Japan. Nintendo is just trying to get as big a head start as possible in non domestic markets before catering to domestic.

Good point.

Do you think the 3DS could bounce back and maintain a strong hold in Japan cutting into the Switch's potential?

Before the new 2DS XL I was worried Nintendo would continue 3DS support for a long time after Switch, but I was still expecting the platform to fade in a few years. Now I am not sure is the 3DS is going to simply fade or spike upwards with 2DS XL.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Not sure Nintendo is trying to get any headstart anywhere with the Switch. If anything, they've been treating each market equally so far (relative to their size, obviously). And it's not really an issue, because the console is selling out worldwide (it's not like amiibo where stores in Australia got way more amiibo than needed, while they were completely out of stock in the US).

Dragon Quest Summer Festival 2017 announced for August 5th and 6th, with special stage show for DQX 5th Anniversary. I guess that's where they'll announce the release date for DQX PS4/Switch

The US got almost half of the initial shipment. There's certainly preference there considering comparatively all 3 reason have roughly the same lifetime shipments for the 3DS and I don't think they did particularly well proportionally with the wii u either. Nintendo typically ships roughly 500k first month for the US for most of it's console launches. The switch had double that. I mean heck they sent units by plane when they could have allocated them domestically.

Good point.

Do you think the 3DS could bounce back and maintain a strong hold in Japan cutting into the Switch's potential?

Before the new 2DS XL I was worried Nintendo would continue 3DS support for a long time after Switch, but I was still expecting the platform to fade in a few years. Now I am not sure is the 3DS is going to simply fade or spike upwards with 2DS XL.

I think that's inevitable that the 3DS was always going to do that unless they outright killed it. No backwards compatibility cheaper, large library. I imagine it'll stick at it's current 20k for a while. Seems rather than fighting this Nintendo is pushing this. Probably because the switch won't come down in price to a comparable level for a while and Nintendo have never had only one platform since they started out so aren't in a rush to completely kill a relatively healthy platform. Money is money after all.

Wait until August?

I was hoping for news on both Switch DQ games at E3. August would be late af.

Nintendo needs a killer E3 we can't wait until August to hear DQ stuff. Ugh that would suck.

Square Enix did say there wouldn't be any news about DQXI Switch until after the game came out on the other systems.

And I don't think E3 will be a problem for Nintendo.
They'll have MH5 to show there.

Question: did any of these trackers track Famicom mini sales? I was not really paying attention when that came out. I wonder if Super Famicom mini will add to holiday hype.

I think that's inevitable that the 3DS was always going to do that unless they outright killed it. No backwards compatibility cheaper, large library. I imagine it'll stick at it's current 20k for a while. Seems rather than fighting this Nintendo is pushing this. Probably because the switch won't come down in price to a comparable level for a while and Nintendo have never had only one platform since they started out so aren't in a rush to completely kill a relatively healthy platform. Money is money after all.

I would not blame Japan, 2DS XL will have a huge library to draw from and Nintendo might be making a decent profit from the hardware now.

Fiendcode

Wait until August?

I was hoping for news on both Switch DQ games at E3. August would be late af.

Nintendo needs a killer E3 we can't wait until August to hear DQ stuff. Ugh that would suck.
The only DQ at E3 will probably be Heroes I & II. DQX won't be coming west and it's too early for a DQXI announcement probably.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Dragon Quest is not a killer E3 or any secret weapon, it's just some whatever jRPG outside Japan.
Dragon quest is not even relevant in the west. Whatever Nintendo announces if they dl it'll be one or two fall times and mosttly early next year. I don't expect anything beyond that.

Square Enix did say there wouldn't be any news about DQXI Switch until after the game came out on the other systems.

And I don't think E3 will be a problem for Nintendo.
They'll have MH5 to show there.

I don't trust Capcom

The only DQ at E3 will probably be Heroes I & II. DQX won't be coming west and it's too early for a DQXI announcement probably.

This is why I cannot get into DQ although I have a PS4
I fear to start loving the series again and having to import or wait years for a localization

Nintendo better have Pokemon

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius

01./00. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe <RCE> (Nintendo) {2017.04.28} (¥5.980) - 284.823 / NEW
02./00. [3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X <TBL> (Bandai Namco Games) {2017.04.27} (¥5.700) - 97.093 / NEW
03./05. [3DS] Monster Hunter Double Cross <ACT> (Capcom) {2017.03.18} (¥5.800) - 27.829 / 1.421.205 (+2%)
04./06. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2017.03.03} (¥6.980) - 25.286 / 420.941 (+24%)
05./01. [3DS] Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia # <SLG> (Nintendo) {2017.04.20} (¥4.980) - 22.721 / 154.389 (-83%)
06./02. [3DS] Pro Baseball Famista Climax <SPT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2017.04.20} (¥5.700) - 10.950 / 59.092 (-77%)
07./07. [NSW] 1-2-Switch <ETC> (Nintendo) {2017.03.03} (¥4.980) - 9.800 / 195.958 (+0%)
08./03. [PS4] Dark Souls III: The Fire Fades Edition <Dark Souls III \ Dark Souls III: Ashes of Ariandel \ Dark Souls III: The Ringed City> <RPG> (From Software) {2017.04.20} (¥5.900) - 9.014 / 42.102 (-73%)
09./00. [PSV] Gun Gun Pixies # <ADV> (Compile Heart) {2017.04.27} (¥6.800) - 8.675 / NEW
10./04. [PSV] Dungeon Travelers 2-2: The Maiden Who Fell into Darkness and the Book of Beginnings # <RPG> (Aqua Plus) {2017.04.20} (¥5.800) - 6.659 / 34.040 (-76%)
11./10. [3DS] Mario Sports Superstars <SPT> (Nintendo) {2017.03.30} (¥4.980) - 6.617 / 75.503 (-6%)
12./11. [PS4] NieR: Automata <RPG> (Square Enix) {2017.02.23} (¥7.800) - 6.168 / 313.252 (+1%)
13./12. [PS4] Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands <ACT> (Ubisoft) {2017.03.09} (¥8.400) - 4.742 / 169.453 (-10%)
14./13. [WIU] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild <ADV> (Nintendo) {2017.03.03} (¥6.980) - 4.504 / 109.193 (+9%)
15./00. [3DS] Cube Creator DX <ADV> (Arc System Works) {2017.04.27} (¥2.800) - 4.350 / NEW
16./14. [3DS] Pokemon Sun / Moon <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2016.11.18} (¥4.980) - 4.224 / 3.249.835 (+5%)
17./15. [3DS] Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS <ACT> (Nintendo) {2016.12.01} (¥4.700) - 4.157 / 1.027.400 (+9%)
18./16. [NSW] Super Bomberman R <ACT> (Konami) {2017.03.03} (¥4.980) - 3.338 / 77.015 (-6%)
19./21. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V [New Price Edition] <ACT> (Take-Two Interactive Japan) {2015.10.08} (¥4.990) - 3.281
20./17. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sukiyaki <RPG> (Level 5) {2016.12.15} (¥4.800) - 3.197 / 711.043 (+1%)
21./08. [PS4] PaRappa the Rapper Remastered <ACT> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) {2017.04.20} (¥1.800)
22./18. [PS4] Horizon: Zero Dawn # <RPG> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) {2017.03.02} (¥6.900)
23./20. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo <ETC> (Nintendo) {2016.11.23} (¥2.700)
24./19. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 + II.5 ReMIX <Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX <Kingdom Hearts \ Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories> \ Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX <Kingdom Hearts II \ Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+ \ Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep>> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2017.03.09} (¥6.800)
25./00. [PSV] Hanasaki Work Spring! # <ADV> (Entergram) {2017.04.27} (¥4.980)
26./24. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition # <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2015.03.19} (¥2.400)
27./00. [PSV] Tsuihou Senkyo <ADV> (Nippon Ichi Software) {2017.04.27} (¥5.980)
28./00. [PSV] Desire: Remaster Version # <ADV> (El Dia) {2017.04.27} (¥6.800)
29./25. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 <RCE> (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} (¥4.571)
30./00. [PSV] Tokeijikake no Ley Line: Kagerou ni Samayou Majo <ADV> (Dramatic Create) {2017.04.27} (¥7.400)
31./09. [NSW] Minna de Wai Wai! Spelunker <ACT> (Square Enix) {2017.04.20} (¥4.980)
32./31. [PS4] Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege <ACT> (Ubisoft) {2015.12.10} (¥8.400)
33./28. [WIU] Minecraft: Wii U Edition <ADV> (Microsoft Game Studios) {2016.06.23} (¥3.600)
34./26. [NSW] Dragon Quest Heroes I & II for Nintendo Switch <Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below \ Dragon Quest Heroes II> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2017.03.03} (¥8.800)
35./22. [PS4] Winning Eleven 2017 [Konami the Best] <SPT> (Konami) {2017.04.13} (¥3.980)
36./00. [PS4] War Thunder <SLG> (DMM Games) {2017.04.27} (¥2.240)
37./30. [PS4] Final Fantasy XV # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2016.11.29} (¥8.800)
38./00. [PSV] Fate/Hollow Ataraxia [PlayStation Vita the Best] <ADV> (Kadokawa Games) {2017.04.27} (¥3.800)
39./32. [3DS] Kirby: Planet Robobot <ACT> (Nintendo) {2016.04.28} (¥4.700)
40./27. [NSW] Puyo Puyo Tetris <PZL> (Sega) {2017.03.03} (¥4.990)
41./29. [3DS] Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2017.01.19} (¥4.700)
42./00. [PSV] Saki: Zenkoku-hen Plus <TBL> (Entergram) {2017.04.27} (¥3.980)
43./46. [PS4] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2016 <SPT> (Konami) {2016.04.28} (¥7.980)
44./23. [PS4] LEGO Worlds <ADV> (Warner Entertainment Japan) {2017.04.06} (¥2.980)
45./00. [PS4] Tsuihou Senkyo <ADV> (Nippon Ichi Software) {2017.04.27} (¥6.980)
46./00. [PSV] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2016 <SPT> (Konami) {2016.04.28} (¥6.980)
47./33. [PS4] Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2015.12.03} (¥2.400)
48./36. [3DS] Miitopia <SLG> (Nintendo) {2016.12.08} (¥4.700)
49./00. [PS4] Resident Evil 7: biohazard # <ADV> (Capcom) {2017.01.26} (¥7.990)
50./39. [3DS] Sumikko Gurashi: Mura o Tsukurundesu <ETC> (Nippon Columbia) {2016.07.21} (¥4.800)

Top 50

PS4 - 16
3DS - 15
PSV - 10
NSW - 7
WIU - 2

SOFTWARE
Code:
+-------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+
|System |  This Week |  Last Week |  Last Year |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |
|  ALL  |    702.000 |    474.000 |    762.000 | 10.140.000 | 10.156.000 |

HARDWARE
Code:
+-------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+-------------+
|System |  This Week |  Last Week |  Last Year |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |     LTD     |
+-------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+-------------+
|  NSW  |     76.679 |     48.694 |            |    777.252 |            |     777.252 |
| PS4 # |     25.303 |     19.334 |     28.578 |    603.860 |    475.993 |   4.704.527 |
| 3DS # |     23.063 |     22.629 |     25.578 |    528.233 |    507.860 |  22.688.978 |
| PSV # |      5.994 |      5.164 |     20.168 |    171.388 |    354.863 |   5.614.455 |
|  WIU  |        543 |        262 |     10.020 |     11.753 |    137.530 |   3.324.963 |
|  PS3  |        453 |        367 |      1.560 |     15.095 |     27.386 |  10.464.863 |
| XB1 # |        101 |         68 |        100 |      2.433 |      2.620 |      78.017 |
|  ALL  |    132.136 |     96.518 |     86.004 |  2.110.014 |  1.506.252 |  47.653.055 |
|  XB1  |        101 |         68 |        100 |      2.433 |      2.620 |      78.017 |
|PS4 Pro|      6.455 |      4.112 |            |    113.023 |            |     243.549 |
|  PS4  |     18.848 |     15.222 |     28.578 |    490.837 |    475.993 |   4.460.978 |
|  PSV  |      5.994 |      5.164 |     20.168 |    171.388 |    354.863 |   5.429.004 |
|  2DS  |      4.101 |      3.945 |            |    111.737 |            |     400.346 |
|n-3DSLL|     17.873 |     17.570 |     20.257 |    382.839 |    361.826 |   4.210.835 |
| n-3DS |      1.089 |      1.114 |      3.997 |     33.657 |     89.433 |   1.114.665 |

The US got almost half of the initial shipment. There's certainly preference there considering comparatively all 3 reason have roughly the same lifetime shipments for the 3DS and I don't think they did particularly well proportionally with the wii u either. Nintendo typically ships roughly 500k first month for the US for most of it's console launches. The switch had double that. I mean heck they sent units by plane when they could have allocated them domestically.

Half the initial shipment would be ~1.35 mil so that isn't true. The US got close to 33%, which is about the right allocation. Nintendo normally only get ~500k out in the US because they launch in the latter part of the months and don't get the weekly refreshes like they did with the Switch.

Passose

Banned

01./00. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe <RCE> (Nintendo) {2017.04.28} (¥5.980) - 284.823 / NEW
02./00. [3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X <TBL> (Bandai Namco Games) {2017.04.27} (¥5.700) - 97.093 / NEW
03./05. [3DS] Monster Hunter Double Cross <ACT> (Capcom) {2017.03.18} (¥5.800) - 27.829 / 1.421.205 (+2%)
04./06. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2017.03.03} (¥6.980) - 25.286 / 420.941 (+24%)
05./01. [3DS] Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia # <SLG> (Nintendo) {2017.04.20} (¥4.980) - 22.721 / 154.389 (-83%)
06./02. [3DS] Pro Baseball Famista Climax <SPT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2017.04.20} (¥5.700) - 10.950 / 59.092 (-77%)
07./07. [NSW] 1-2-Switch <ETC> (Nintendo) {2017.03.03} (¥4.980) - 9.800 / 195.958 (+0%)
08./03. [PS4] Dark Souls III: The Fire Fades Edition <Dark Souls III Dark Souls III: Ashes of Ariandel Dark Souls III: The Ringed City> <RPG> (From Software) {2017.04.20} (¥5.900) - 9.014 / 42.102 (-73%)
09./00. [PSV] Gun Gun Pixies # <ADV> (Compile Heart) {2017.04.27} (¥6.800) - 8.675 / NEW
10./04. [PSV] Dungeon Travelers 2-2: The Maiden Who Fell into Darkness and the Book of Beginnings # <RPG> (Aqua Plus) {2017.04.20} (¥5.800) - 6.659 / 34.040 (-76%)
11./10. [3DS] Mario Sports Superstars <SPT> (Nintendo) {2017.03.30} (¥4.980) - 6.617 / 75.503 (-6%)
12./11. [PS4] NieR: Automata <RPG> (Square Enix) {2017.02.23} (¥7.800) - 6.168 / 313.252 (+1%)
13./12. [PS4] Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands <ACT> (Ubisoft) {2017.03.09} (¥8.400) - 4.742 / 169.453 (-10%)
14./13. [WIU] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild <ADV> (Nintendo) {2017.03.03} (¥6.980) - 4.504 / 109.193 (+9%)
15./00. [3DS] Cube Creator DX <ADV> (Arc System Works) {2017.04.27} (¥2.800) - 4.350 / NEW
16./14. [3DS] Pokemon Sun / Moon <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2016.11.18} (¥4.980) - 4.224 / 3.249.835 (+5%)
17./15. [3DS] Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS <ACT> (Nintendo) {2016.12.01} (¥4.700) - 4.157 / 1.027.400 (+9%)
18./16. [NSW] Super Bomberman R <ACT> (Konami) {2017.03.03} (¥4.980) - 3.338 / 77.015 (-6%)
19./21. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V [New Price Edition] <ACT> (Take-Two Interactive Japan) {2015.10.08} (¥4.990) - 3.281
20./17. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sukiyaki <RPG> (Level 5) {2016.12.15} (¥4.800) - 3.197 / 711.043 (+1%)
21./08. [PS4] PaRappa the Rapper Remastered <ACT> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) {2017.04.20} (¥1.800)
22./18. [PS4] Horizon: Zero Dawn # <RPG> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) {2017.03.02} (¥6.900)
23./20. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo <ETC> (Nintendo) {2016.11.23} (¥2.700)
24./19. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 + II.5 ReMIX <Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 ReMIX <Kingdom Hearts Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories> Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX <Kingdom Hearts II Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix+ Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep>> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2017.03.09} (¥6.800)
25./00. [PSV] Hanasaki Work Spring! # <ADV> (Entergram) {2017.04.27} (¥4.980)
26./24. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition # <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2015.03.19} (¥2.400)
27./00. [PSV] Tsuihou Senkyo <ADV> (Nippon Ichi Software) {2017.04.27} (¥5.980)
28./00. [PSV] Desire: Remaster Version # <ADV> (El Dia) {2017.04.27} (¥6.800)
29./25. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 <RCE> (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} (¥4.571)
30./00. [PSV] Tokeijikake no Ley Line: Kagerou ni Samayou Majo <ADV> (Dramatic Create) {2017.04.27} (¥7.400)
31./09. [NSW] Minna de Wai Wai! Spelunker <ACT> (Square Enix) {2017.04.20} (¥4.980)
32./31. [PS4] Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege <ACT> (Ubisoft) {2015.12.10} (¥8.400)
33./28. [WIU] Minecraft: Wii U Edition <ADV> (Microsoft Game Studios) {2016.06.23} (¥3.600)
34./26. [NSW] Dragon Quest Heroes I & II for Nintendo Switch <Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below Dragon Quest Heroes II> <RPG> (Square Enix) {2017.03.03} (¥8.800)
35./22. [PS4] Winning Eleven 2017 [Konami the Best] <SPT> (Konami) {2017.04.13} (¥3.980)
36./00. [PS4] War Thunder <SLG> (DMM Games) {2017.04.27} (¥2.240)
37./30. [PS4] Final Fantasy XV # <RPG> (Square Enix) {2016.11.29} (¥8.800)
38./00. [PSV] Fate/Hollow Ataraxia [PlayStation Vita the Best] <ADV> (Kadokawa Games) {2017.04.27} (¥3.800)
39./32. [3DS] Kirby: Planet Robobot <ACT> (Nintendo) {2016.04.28} (¥4.700)
40./27. [NSW] Puyo Puyo Tetris <PZL> (Sega) {2017.03.03} (¥4.990)
41./29. [3DS] Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2017.01.19} (¥4.700)
42./00. [PSV] Saki: Zenkoku-hen Plus <TBL> (Entergram) {2017.04.27} (¥3.980)
43./46. [PS4] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2016 <SPT> (Konami) {2016.04.28} (¥7.980)
44./23. [PS4] LEGO Worlds <ADV> (Warner Entertainment Japan) {2017.04.06} (¥2.980)
45./00. [PS4] Tsuihou Senkyo <ADV> (Nippon Ichi Software) {2017.04.27} (¥6.980)
46./00. [PSV] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2016 <SPT> (Konami) {2016.04.28} (¥6.980)
47./33. [PS4] Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2015.12.03} (¥2.400)
48./36. [3DS] Miitopia <SLG> (Nintendo) {2016.12.08} (¥4.700)
49./00. [PS4] Resident Evil 7: biohazard # <ADV> (Capcom) {2017.01.26} (¥7.990)
50./39. [3DS] Sumikko Gurashi: Mura o Tsukurundesu <ETC> (Nippon Columbia) {2016.07.21} (¥4.800)

Top 50

PS4 - 16
3DS - 15
PSV - 10
NSW - 7
WIU - 2

SOFTWARE
Code:
|System |  This Week |  Last Week |  Last Year |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |
|  ALL  |    702.000 |    474.000 |    762.000 | 10.140.000 | 10.156.000 |

HARDWARE
Code:
|System |  This Week |  Last Week |  Last Year |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |     LTD     |
|  NSW  |     76.679 |     48.694 |            |    777.252 |            |     777.252 |
| PS4 # |     25.303 |     19.334 |     28.578 |    603.860 |    475.993 |   4.704.527 |
| 3DS # |     23.063 |     22.629 |     25.578 |    528.233 |    507.860 |  22.688.978 |
| PSV # |      5.994 |      5.164 |     20.168 |    171.388 |    354.863 |   5.614.455 |
|  WIU  |        543 |        262 |     10.020 |     11.753 |    137.530 |   3.324.963 |
|  PS3  |        453 |        367 |      1.560 |     15.095 |     27.386 |  10.464.863 |
| XB1 # |        101 |         68 |        100 |      2.433 |      2.620 |      78.017 |
|  ALL  |    132.136 |     96.518 |     86.004 |  2.110.014 |  1.506.252 |  47.653.055 |
|  XB1  |        101 |         68 |        100 |      2.433 |      2.620 |      78.017 |
|PS4 Pro|      6.455 |      4.112 |            |    113.023 |            |     243.549 |
|  PS4  |     18.848 |     15.222 |     28.578 |    490.837 |    475.993 |   4.460.978 |
|  PSV  |      5.994 |      5.164 |     20.168 |    171.388 |    354.863 |   5.429.004 |
|  2DS  |      4.101 |      3.945 |            |    111.737 |            |     400.346 |
|n-3DSLL|     17.873 |     17.570 |     20.257 |    382.839 |    361.826 |   4.210.835 |
| n-3DS |      1.089 |      1.114 |      3.997 |     33.657 |     89.433 |   1.114.665 |
any idea about last week Ps4 bump? That's pretty weird to me lol

Zedark

Edit: Decided to add MK8D into the image.

C_TjRzZXUAAg28J.jpg:large

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Half the initial shipment would be ~1.35 mil so that isn't true. The US got close to 33%, which is about the right allocation. Nintendo normally only get ~500k out in the US because they launch in the latter part of the months and don't get the weekly refreshes like they did with the Switch.

US got 1.2 and I said almost half. There is indeed a difference. Nintendo shipped 1 million for the November and December for the Wii, Wii U etc. it wasn't a normal level of shipment by any measure. Especially not for March.

US got 1.2 and I said almost half. There is indeed a difference. Nintendo shipped 1 million for the November and December for the Wii, Wii U etc. it wasn't a normal level of shipment by any measure. Especially not for March.

Well ok, you are conflating two different numbers that aren't equal. You are using sold to customer in the the US on the Wii numbers based off NPD numbers and then shipped to North America (including Canada and Mexico) for the Switch numbers. It looks like shipments were higher in the rest of the world in comparison, which is what is taking away from Japan a bit.

Calm Mind

I'm going to make a bold prediction and say that the Switch will match the PS4's LTD in Japan in about 18 months.

ggx2ac

Correction, the Americas got 1.2 million and 1.02 million was allocated to the US in March.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Correction, the Americas got 1.2 million and 1.02 million was allocated to the US in March.

I'm talking about North America in this conservation though I do occasionally mix them up. Largely becase the two tend to be used interchangeably and canada makes up 10-20% of the US total. Either way it doesn't change the how much was shipped this quarter in comaprsion to wii and wii u. you add 20% for the NPD numbers and you get the same for the whole of Christmas for the last quarter.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Famitsu Sales: Apr 2017 (Mar 27 - Apr 30)

01./00. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe <RCE> (Nintendo) {2017.04.28} (¥5.980) - 280.229 / NEW
02./01. [3DS] Monster Hunter Double Cross <ACT> (Capcom) {2017.03.18} (¥5.800) - 274.392 / 1.544.724 (-78%)
03./00. [3DS] Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia # <SLG> (Nintendo) {2017.04.20} (¥4.980) - 158.509 / NEW
04./00. [3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X <TBL> (Bandai Namco Games) {2017.04.27} (¥5.700) - 92.809 / NEW
05./02. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild # <ADV> (Nintendo) {2017.03.03} (¥6.980) - 86.105 / 393.726 (-72%)

Top 5

3DS - 3
NSW - 2

SOFTWARE

Nintendo - 844.000
Capcom - 303.000
Bandai Namco Games - 227.000

HARDWARE
Code:
|System | This Month | Last Month |  Last Year |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |     LTD     |
|  NSW  |    234.817 |    524.371 |            |    759.188 |            |     759.188 |
| 3DS # |    130.185 |    159.402 |     80.160 |    760.388 |    507.330 |  22.671.801 |
| PS4 # |    116.053 |    134.113 |     97.257 |    702.654 |    518.183 |   4.624.270 |
| PSV # |     31.374 |     34.686 |     53.616 |    221.432 |    415.553 |   5.468.851 |
|  PS3  |      3.693 |      4.463 |      3.822 |     12.172 |     25.049 |  10.269.891 |
|  WIU  |      1.837 |      2.146 |     20.736 |     17.241 |    172.727 |   3.296.979 |
| XB1 # |        662 |        486 |        466 |      4.363 |      2.533 |      77.311 |
|  ALL  |    518.621 |    859.667 |    256.057 |  2.477.438 |  1.641.375 |  47.168.291 |
| XB1 S |        662 |        415 |            |      3.591 |            |       5.309 |
|PS4 Pro|     22.486 |     22.626 |            |    112.880 |            |     229.930 |
|  PS4  |     93.567 |    111.487 |     97.257 |    589.774 |    518.183 |   4.394.340 |
|  PSV  |     31.374 |     34.686 |     53.616 |    221.432 |    415.553 |   5.468.851 |
|  2DS  |     28.693 |     26.159 |            |    190.577 |            |     487.724 |
| n-3DS |    101.492 |    133.243 |     78.649 |    569.811 |    469.716 |   5.263.800 |

I'm talking about North America in this conservation though I do occasionally mix them up. Largely becase the two tend to be used interchangeably and canada makes up 10-20% of the US total. Either way it doesn't change the how much was shipped this quarter in comaprsion to wii and wii u. you add 20% for the NPD numbers and you get the same for the whole of Christmas for the last quarter.

NA vs total numbers
Wii initial quarter shipments: 1.25/3.19=39.2%
Wii U initial quarter shipments: 1.32/3.06=43.1%
Switch initial quarter shipments: 1.2/2.74=43.8%

Not really?

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Dengeki Online Sales: Week 17, 2017 (Apr 24 - Apr 30)

01./00. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo) {2017.04.28} - 355,315 / NEW
02./00. [3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X (Bandai Namco Games) {2017.04.27} - 92,520 / NEW
03./01. [3DS] Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia (Nintendo) {2017.04.20} - 26,350 / 161,545
04./05. [3DS] Monster Hunter Double Cross (Capcom) {2017.03.18} - 24,817 / 1,520,210
05./06. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo) {2017.03.03} - 21,971 / 421,588
06./03. [PS4] Dark Souls III: The Fire Fades Edition (From Software) {2017.04.20} - 10,500 / 45,867
07./02. [3DS] Pro Baseball Famista Climax (Bandai Namco Games) {2017.04.20} - 9,722 / 53,555
08./07. [NSW] 1-2-Switch (Nintendo) {2017.03.03} - 9,706 / 214,899
09./00. [PSV] Gun Gun Pixies (Compile Heart) {2017.04.27} - 8,167 / NEW
10./08. [3DS] Mario Sports Superstars (Nintendo) {2017.03.30} - 6,233 / 77,855
11./11. [PS4] NieR: Automata (Square Enix) {2017.02.23} - 5,894 / 293,064
12./04. [PSV] Dungeon Travelers 2-2: The Maiden Who Fell into Darkness and the Book of Beginnings (Aqua Plus) {2017.04.20} - 5,713 / 35,619
13./00. [3DS] Cube Creator DX (Arc System Works) {2017.04.27} - 4,800 / NEW
14./12. [PS4] Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands (Ubisoft) {2017.03.09} - 4,644 / 165,780
15./16. [3DS] Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS (Nintendo) {2016.12.01} - 4,533 / 1,046,275
16./13. [WIU] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo) {2017.03.03} - 4,122 / 102,830
17./14. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sukiyaki (Level 5) {2016.12.15} - 4,050 / 740,995
18./15. [NSW] Super Bomberman R (Konami) {2017.03.03} - 3,580 / 87,150
19./00. [PSV] Tsuihou Senkyo (Nippon Ichi Software) {2017.04.27} - 3,278 / NEW
20./09. [PS4] PaRappa the Rapper Remastered (Sony Interactive Entertainment) {2017.04.20} - 3,167 / 9,089
21./00. [PSV] Hanasaki Work Spring (Entergram) {2017.04.27} - 3,167 / NEW
22./17. [PS4] Horizon: Zero Dawn (Sony Interactive Entertainment) {2017.03.02} - 2,994 / 200,482
23./10. [NSW] Minna de Wai Wai! Spelunker (Square Enix) {2017.04.20} - 2,925 / 8,792
24./00. [PSV] Tokeijikake no Ley Line: Kagerou ni Samayou Majo (Dramatic Create) {2017.04.27} - 2,887 / NEW
25./24. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V (Take-Two Interactive Japan) {2015.10.08} - 2,739 / 261,835
26./18. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo (Nintendo) {2016.11.23} - 2,606 / 155,331
27./23. [PSV] Minecraft: Playstation Vita Edition (Sony Interactive Entertainment) {2015.03.19} - 2,422 / 1,084,015
28./20. [PS4] Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege (Ubisoft) {2015.12.10} - 2,411 / 194,762
29./31. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} - 2,339 / 2,627,556
30./25. [3DS] Pokemon Sun (Pokemon Co.) {2016.11.18} - 2,333 / 1,694,960
31./21. [PS4] Winning Eleven 2017 [Konami the Best] (Konami) {2017.04.13} - 2,259 / 7,624
32./00. [PSV] Desire: Remaster Version (El Dia) {2017.04.27} - 2,206 / NEW
33./00. [PSV] Fate/Hollow Ataraxia [PlayStation Vita the Best] (Kadokawa Games) {2017.04.27} - 2,167 / NEW
34./22. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 + II.5 ReMIX (Square Enix) {2017.03.09} - 2,072 / 98,295
35./19. [PS4] LEGO Worlds (Warner Entertainment Japan) {2017.04.06} - 2,033 / 21,708
36./00. [PS4] Tsuihou Senkyo (Nippon Ichi Software) {2017.04.27} - 2,006 / NEW
37./27. [NSW] Puyo Puyo Tetris S (Sega) {2017.03.03} - 1,959 / 34,454
38./26. [3DS] Pokemon Moon (Pokemon Co.) {2016.11.18} - 1,911 / 1,553,779
39./43. [PS4] Final Fantasy XV (Square Enix) {2016.11.29} - 1,894 / 950,004
40./29. [PS4] Minecraft: Playstation 4 Edition (Sony Interactive Entertainment) {2015.12.03} - 1,883 / 200,337
41./40. [PS4] Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball 2016 (Konami) {2016.04.28} - 1,872 / 185,873
42./28. [NSW] Dragon Quest Heroes I & II for Nintendo Switch (Square Enix) {2017.03.03} - 1,759 / 46,967
43./32. [3DS] Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World (Nintendo) {2017.01.19} - 1,678 / 120,014
44./00. [PSV] Akiba's Beat (Acquire) {2017.04.27} - 1,656 / NEW
45./34. [WIU] Minecraft: Wii U Edition (Microsoft Game Studios) {2016.06.23} - 1,633 / 300,573
46./00. [PS4] War Thunder (DMM GAMES.) {2017.04.27} - 1,554 / NEW
47./33. [3DS] Miitopia (Nintendo) {2016.12.08} - 1,456 / 210,032
48./44. [3DS] Sumikko Gurashi: Mura o Tsukurundesu (Nippon Columbia) {2016.07.21} - 1,433 / 171,697
49./55. [3DS] Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sushi / Tempura - Busters T-Pack {Yo-Kai Watch 3: Sushi \ Yo-Kai Watch 3: Tempura} (Level 5) {2016.12.15} - 1,410 / 66,282
50./00. [PS4] Song of Memories (PureWish) {2017.04.27} - 1,400 / NEW

SOFTWARE
Code:
--------------------------------------------------------
| Model | This Week | Week(%)  | FY 2017     | FY(%)   |
| Switch| 398,822   | 51.4%    | 524,527     | 27.8%   |
| 3DS   | 224,457   | 29.0%    | 778,936     | 41.3%   |
| PS4   | 84,963    | 11.0%    | 350,840     | 18.6%   |
| Vita  | 52,701    | 6.8%     | 169,839     | 9.0%    |
| Wii U | 10,415    | 1.3%     | 46,223      | 2.5%    |
| PS3   | 3,818     | 0.5%     | 14,350      | 0.8%    |
| X One | 141       | 0.0%     | 1,505       | 0.1%    |
| Total | 775,317   | 100.0%   | 1,886,220   | 100.0%  |
HARDWARE
Code:
| Model | This Week | Week(%)  | FY 2017     | FY(%)   |
| Switch| 78,179    | 59.5%    | 212,823     | 51.2%   |
| PS4   | 23,141    | 17.6%    | 78,635      | 18.9%   |
| 3DS   | 19,319    | 14.7%    | 80,434      | 19.4%   |
| Vita  | 6,265     | 4.8%     | 23,379      | 5.6%    |
| 2DS   | 3,877     | 2.9%     | 16,690      | 4.0%    |
| PS3   | 414       | 0.3%     | 2,026       | 0.5%    |
| Wii U | 208       | 0.2%     | 1,026       | 0.2%    |
| X One | 47        | 0.0%     | 303         | 0.1%    |
| Total | 131,450   | 100.0%   | 415,316     | 100.0%  |

Dengeki Online Sales: Week 16, 2017 (Apr 17 - Apr 23)

Dengeki Sales Archive
2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014

Principate

Saint Titanfall
NA vs total numbers
Wii initial quarter shipments: 1.25/3.19=39.2%
Wii U initial quarter shipments: 1.32/3.06=43.1%
Switch initial quarter shipments: 1.2/2.74=43.8%

Not really?

And the 3DS? This is one month vs one and a half-ish including black Friday. It still had the highest.

Oregano

What gap will there be from Nintendo to whoever is 2nd place this year(Square Enix?) in the yearly software charts?

Top Bottom