• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 23, 2017 (Jun 05 - Jun 11)

EDarkness

I struggle to see a world where any hunting game not called Monster Hunter takes the crown, even on Switch. Considering Switch is getting a MH game in 2 months time, why are you people acting like Capcom has abandoned Nintendo platforms?

Because if you're a Capcom fan, don't live in Japan or speak Japanese, and play games primarily on the NS, you're screwed. What other games do they even have coming for the system outside of Monster Hunter XX (Japanese only) and Ultimate Street Fighter? You act like they're throwing games at the system constantly. I don't even play Monster Hunter, so that personally doesn't matter to me.

Because if you're a Capcom fan, don't live in Japan or speak Japanese, and play games primarily on the NS, you're screwed. What other games do they even have coming for the system outside of Monster Hunter XX (Japanese only) and Ultimate Street Fighter? You act like they're throwing games at the system constantly. I don't even play Monster Hunter, so that personally doesn't matter to me.

I'd love to see the post where I implied this :p

Going by your logic, every Japanese third party has abandoned the Switch then because so far the support is looking pretty sparse. The Switch has been out for 3 months. Can we at least wait until next year before claiming the sky is falling?

3DS, Vita, PS4 - those systems have/had great Japanese third party support, most of which wasn't revealed until a long time after their first three months on the market. I'm personally not worried.

EDarkness

I'd love to see the post where I implied this :p

Going by your logic, every Japanese third party has abandoned the Switch then because so far the support is looking pretty sparse. The Switch has been out for 3 months. Can we at least wait until next year before claiming the sky is falling?

3DS, Vita, PS4 - those systems have/had great Japanese third party support, most of which wasn't revealed until a long time after their first three months on the market. I'm personally not worried.

We aren't talking about other companies...just Capcom. I personally don't buy many of their products, so I have no horse in this race, but as I said, if you're a Capcom fan gaming on the NS, then I can see them being frustrated. It's not like they're providing amazing or even mediocre support. You keep seeming to imply that everything is great with them and I can see where others don't agree with that.

Gradivus

They didn't provide much support during the PS4s launch year either. 1 game against the 2 for switch.

AniHawk

Nah, if those games were coming they would have announced them at E3. Even if they hadn't started on Switch versions at all they would have done it for the attention it would get.

nisa used e3 for september titles and nis doesn't care about e3.

if you want exposure on switch titles, you'd probably announce it with nintendo if possible.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Given Anihawk's statements elsewhere, we can probably expect a pretty heavy pivot from NIS going forward as well but he warns, even now, that that may still take some time to materialize on more current projects just due to logistics of them already having been in development for a while and not having initially planned for the Switch.

I mean, this is something that's going to be true for a lot of developers who would otherwise consider supporting the thing.

Not many people want to upset a small to medium sized team by making them port a game to a new platform mid production, especially given there aren't a lot of units out there yet.

Vena

I mean, this is something that's going to be true for a lot of developers who would otherwise consider supporting the thing.

Not many people want to upset a small to medium sized team by making them port a game to a new platform mid production, especially given there aren't a lot of units out there yet.

Oh I wasn't disagreeing or anything, just adding it to the list.

Oregano

The main problem with the idea of another company stealing the hunting action market on Switch is the fact that no one else will make a hunting action on Switch. FF Explorers was the only one on 3DS and that went mobile, the rest went Vita and PS4 and now with MH World they're even more likely to go PS4 exclusive.

nisa used e3 for september titles and nis doesn't care about e3.

if you want exposure on switch titles, you'd probably announce it with nintendo if possible.

I was talking about major publishers and the games mentioned but if there was any major third party game to be announced it would have easily been included in Nintendo's spotlight.

The main problem with the idea of another company stealing the hunting action market on Switch is the fact that no one else will make a hunting action on Switch. FF Explorers was the only one on 3DS and that went mobile, the rest went Vita and PS4 and now with MH World they're even more likely to go PS4 exclusive.

Guess we know which core genre Nintendo will tackle next with a new IP. Maybe Nintendo knew the betrayalton was coming so Retro Studios is working on a hunting game.

Chauzu

Guess we know which core genre Nintendo will tackle next with a new IP. Maybe Nintendo knew the betrayalton was coming so Retro Studios is working on a hunting game.

They better be, because no third party will be making any Switch game that's for sure!
/s

I was talking about major publishers and the games mentioned but if there was any major third party game to be announced it would have easily been included in Nintendo's spotlight.
If no major Monster Hunter titles comes to Switch. Nintendo will likely find some way to get a hunting action title on its platform.

Oregano

Salmon Runter already exists.

They better be, because no third party will be making any Switch game that's for sure!
/s

If no major Monster Hunter titles comes to Switch. Nintendo will likely find some way to get a hunting action title on its platform.

The idea that a genre that completely ignored 3DS(and has also been reduced to three series at best) will completely ignore Switch isn't a bold prediction.

God Eater is the only other Hunting Action series confirmed alive after Toukiden 2 bombed.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I struggle to see a world where any hunting game not called Monster Hunter takes the crown, even on Switch. Considering Switch is getting a MH game in 2 months time, why are you people acting like Capcom has abandoned Nintendo platforms?

Capcom do pretty stupid things, but they no better than to abandon Nintendo platforms entirely. Either way, we'll get our Monster Hunter Switch game soon enough.

Capcom Switch's approahc doesn't scream confidence so far.
That is pretty obvious.
MHXX being oversahdow (from Capcom side, especially) by World is a final nail in the coffin
Me too I suppose a MH brand new game will come to Switch, but in this very moment we should limit to comment what we know
Capcom has severely decresed its Nintendo support shifting from 3DS to Switch gen.

In addition: in a MC thread isn't that interesting, but the lack of localization for MHXX hurts a lot

Chauzu

The idea that a genre that completely ignored 3DS(and has also been reduced to three series at best) will completely ignore Switch isn't a bold prediction.

God Eater is the only other Hunting Action series confirmed alive after Toukiden 2 bombed.

I obviously hinted at the comment "if it did happen, it would probably be PS4 exclusive anyway".

I'm firmly in the camp that MH Switch happens, it just gets old to keep seeing the same mantra repeated over and over.

Vinnk

People can hope :p
Seemed like S-E was waiting for some special time to talk about the Switch version, could at least say quickly it's coming next year for example.

Announce that right before the 3DS release? That would be as dumb as announcing a new mainline Monster Hunter release right before the release of a portable entry.

duckroll

Announce that right before the 3DS release? That would be as dumb as announcing a new mainline Monster Hunter release right before the release of a portable entry.

Does it even matter though? I mean everyone knows the Switch version exists. We don't expect it this year. The logical conclusion is that it's coming out next year. Who is going to not buy the 3DS version right now if they want to play it and already planned on buying it, just because they know the Switch version is CONFIRMED to be coming next year? This has nothing to do with Nintendo.

If anything, I expect that the marketing for the Switch version is being held back because it is a port of the PS4 version, and Sony is helping with the localization and marketing of that in some regions. Same deal with Nier Automata and the PC version.

extralite

Does it even matter though? I mean everyone knows the Switch version exists. We don't expect it this year. The logical conclusion is that it's coming out next year. Who is going to not buy the 3DS version right now if they want to play it and already planned on buying it, just because they know the Switch version is CONFIRMED to be coming next year? This has nothing to do with Nintendo.

If anything, I expect that the marketing for the Switch version is being held back because it is a port of the PS4 version, and Sony is helping with the localization and marketing of that in some regions. Same deal with Nier Automata and the PC version.

Horii said the Switch version shouldn't be too much after the other two versions, because of spoilers. That implies a very close release. Of course, it could be much later, since they give so little info on it.

But among the little info given, there is this statement by Horii. If Nintendo clearly stated that the Switch version won't be here until next year, that should help 3DS preorders.

Capcom Switch's approahc doesn't scream confidence so far.
That is pretty obvious.
MHXX being oversahdow (from Capcom side, especially) by World is a final nail in the coffin
Me too I suppose a MH brand new game will come to Switch, but in this very moment we should limit to comment what we know
Capcom has severely decresed its Nintendo support shifting from 3DS to Switch gen.

In addition: in a MC thread isn't that interesting, but the lack of localization for MHXX hurts a lot

I'm not sure what some of you were expecting. Nirolak even touched on this earlier, Japanese developers were slow to start supporting 3DS, Vita and PS4. 3 months into the console's life, I'm just not convinced of any actual decrease in support yet.

Not to mention, Capcom's output in general has decreased significantly across the board. But yes, continue to believe that this early lack of support is indicative of them dropping Nintendo like a lead balloon.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member

So, Switch version Japan only? :S

enishi

How about a new Soma Bringer? I enjoyed it very much on little DS

Monolith Soft should be available after Xenoblade 2

enishi

Doubt so. But don't expect the Switch version to have Chinese localization for Asia, and don't expect it to be out before the Asian PS4 versions at the end of this year probably.

Chinese localization is done by Sony Taiwan team, it has very slim chance to come to Switch.

hiska-kun

Tsutaya's Ranking Week 24 2017

01./00. [NSW] ARMS <ACT> (Nintendo)
02./02. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe <RCE> (Nintendo)
03./03. [3DS] Monster Hunter Double Cross <ACT> (Capcom)
04./04. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild <ADV> (Nintendo)
05./01. [PS4] Tekken 7 <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games)
06./06. [PS4] NieR: Automata <RPG> (Square Enix)
07./05. [PS4] Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana <RPG> (Nihon Falcom)
08./07. [3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X <TBL> (Bandai Namco Games)
09./18. [PS4] Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment)
10./11. [PS4] Grand Theft Auto V [New Price Edition] <ACT> (Take-Two Interactive Japan)
11./08. [NSW] Seiken Densetsu Collection <RPG> (Square Enix)
12./10. [PS4] Dark Souls III: The Fire Fades Edition <RPG> (From Software)
13./21. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment)
14./13. [3DS] Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia <SLG> (Nintendo)
15./17. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - Welcome amiibo <ETC> (Nintendo)
16./16. [3DS] Pro Baseball Famista Climax <SPT> (Bandai Namco Games)
17./27. [PS4] Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 + II.5 ReMIX <RPG> (Square Enix)
18./14. [PS4] Guilty Gear Xrd: Rev 2 <FTG> (Arc System Works)
19./19. [3DS] Cube Creator DX <ADV> (Arc System Works)
20./25. [PS4] Horizon: Zero Dawn <ADV> (Sony Interactive Entertainment)

Fiendcode

I'm not sure what some of you were expecting. Nirolak even touched on this earlier, Japanese developers were slow to start supporting 3DS, Vita and PS4. 3 months into the console's life, I'm just not convinced of any actual decrease in support yet.

Not to mention, Capcom's output in general has decreased significantly across the board. But yes, continue to believe that this early lack of support is indicative of them dropping Nintendo like a lead balloon.
Just to give an example here are the Capcom games we knew about 3-4 months into each system's lifecycle.

Nintendo 3DS
Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition (released)
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (released)
Nazo Waku Yakata
Resident Evil Revelations
Mega Man Legends 3 (eventually canceled)

PS Vita
Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 (released)
Street Fighter X Tekken

Wii U
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (released)
Resident Evil Revelations: Unveiled Edition

Xbox One
Dead Rising 3 (released)
Strider

PlayStation 4
Strider
Deep Down (eventually canceled?)

Nintendo Switch
Ultra Street Fighter II: The Final Challengers (released)
Monster Hunter XX: Nintendo Switch Edition

Other than 3DS Capcom's early support seems pretty even across the board and slow to really back platforms.

Top Bottom