• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 37, 2014 (Sep 08 - Sep 14)

atm Vita is in YTD 886.194 (@release Vita will be around 935.000) I think n3DS can manage that with a Littel bit help of Yokai Watch 2, SSB 3DS and releasing with MH4G + pkmn OR/AS and maybe FF Expolerer could do something in that time frame.

And for sure the Season will help the n3DS.

Not counting all the broken 3DS circle pads :p
God Nintendo is genius lol

Seriously I'm really curious to see what happens till the end of the year because Nintendo put a really big effort on Q4 both on Wii U and 3DS.

Tom_Cody

Smash U will have to have some awesome features different from the 3ds version to sell anywhere close to that on Wii U.
I personally have a hard time believing that anyone who is buying it on 3DS day 1 will pass on the Wii U version simply owing to features. Smash is smash and anyone who is currently playing it on the 3DS will want to play it on the Wii U as well, even if it has similar features. I think the sales disparity will have more to do with the differences in install base and platform engagement.

For the Wii U version, I'm guessing that the Japanese debut will be on the order of a few hundred thousand units (inline with the other top debuts for that console) and I'm guessing that it will do around 1 million in its first month in the US.

Wait, wait. I've got it! The real reason for the delay of the western N3DS release is that they want to think up a less awful name first. This clearly must be it.

Exile20

atm Vita is in YTD 886.194 (@release Vita will be around 935.000) I think n3DS can manage that with a Littel bit help of Yokai Watch 2, SSB 3DS and releasing with MH4G + pkmn OR/AS and maybe FF Expolerer could do something in that time frame.

And for sure the Season will help the n3DS.

N3DS - October 11, 2014
Smash 3ds - September 13, 2014
Monster Hunter 4g - October 11, 2014
Pokemon OR/AS - November 21, 2014

N3DS is going to kill it this xmas.

Xbox is dead jim. It is dead. It would have to have insane deals in the holiday even Nintendo would not do to survive, and even then no guarantee.

That drop is worse than expected to. That rubberband has snapped. They would need to moneyhat and put out heavy deals but they already got a guaranteed 100,000 from china so I think they should put all focus on that honestly as far as asian countries are concerned.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Xbox is dead jim. It is dead. It would have to have insane deals in the holiday even Nintendo would not do to survive, and even then no guarantee.

That drop is worse than expected to. That rubberband has snapped. They would need to moneyhat and put out heavy deals but they already got a guaranteed 100,000 from china so I think they should put all focus on that honestly as far as asian countries are concerned.
Companies will not be doing that when PS4 is in control worldwide.

maxcriden

Agreed. They have an emerging market there and at this point they're better off focusing on those than JP.

maxcriden

200px-Yoshi_Flutter_Jump_Artwork.png

Yoshi with that long flutter jump.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Super Smash Bros had a great debut - shipments of 1.7 million should be a lock for Q2, splendid performance.

Wii U bundle should be released in late October to build momemtum for Amiibo + Super Smash launch as the numbers are just terrible at the moment.

X bone is dead in Japan, when even western multiplayer are having their Japanese releases exclusive to ps4 I really don't see why Microsoft is even bothering, it'll be lucky if it even hits the original xbox's first week in its lifetime, I can see them quietly exiting the Japanese market within 12 months

Last Year 3DS managed to sell only in November + December 1170k.

Now you will tell us that a New Revision + the Trinity (MH4G, Pkmn OR/AS, SSB 3DS) + the New Friend (Yokai Watch 2) will not match this sales?

If i add October to that last Years Sales we look at 1768k for 3 Months. The relese scale is the same like last Year + we have a Revision and the Big Hitters are releasing later (in favor for the n3DS).

I don't know.
3DS sales are declining YoY and Pokemon OR/AS+MH4G are a lot less important than Pokemon X/Y+MH4 as I'd expect that they will attract less new users on the platform.
Also, New Friend (YW2) is surely strong, but also last year's New Friend (Puzzle & Dragons Z) and Old Friend (Tomodachi Life) were pretty strong. And 3DS closed the year with Zelda LBW.

OG 3DS/LL won't be retired from market, so I think that price promotions will let them steal few units from n3DS YTD. Same with Smash Bros. WiiU that could steal some of 3DS version's thunder.

I still think that 3DS could lose something, despite the new revision, but I don't know how it'll be received. If it'll explode then they will do high numbers like last year.

chithanh

Banned
Well I guess this should settle things for the few people who thought the Xbox One wouldn't bomb.
Is Xbone on the way to be the worst selling video game system in Japan?
I think the jury is still out on that one how big of a bomb it will be. Besides, PS4 took [thread=822820]12 weeks[/thread] to drop below PS3 sales. Let's see if/when that happens for XB1/XB360.

(edited to clarify that I don't dispute that sales are bad)

hawk2025

I think the jury is still out on that one. Besides, PS4 took [thread=822820]12 weeks[/thread] to drop below PS3 sales. Let's see if/when that happens for XB1/XB360.

Wait, why is dropping below the previous generation the relevant comparison here?

chithanh

Banned
Wait, why is dropping below the previous generation the relevant comparison here?
Because when that happened, it elicited comments such as:
Goodbye PS4 sigh :(

PS4 am dead......

Sony should drop the gamepad

People wants PS3 more than PS4.

PS3/4/WiiU fight for third. Most intense battle Japan has seen

The jury's still out?

It's Japan.

It's the Xbox.

It sold 3K it's second week.

Good grief, how deluded can people get.

The first two bits of information are enough to conclude it's DOA.

ethomaz

Banned
Any new release on PS4 will boost sales (well release that Japan's gamers are interested)... PS4 lack games in Japan.

Poor Xbone.

Thorgal

The jury's still out?

It's Japan.

It's the Xbox.

"It still sold a 100 consoles this week guys so what do you mean no one in Japan cares about it ? "

lol.

Nyoro SF

I think the jury is still out on that one. Besides, PS4 took [thread=822820]12 weeks[/thread] to drop below PS3 sales. Let's see if/when that happens for XB1/XB360.

What is with new members coming into the sales threads campaigning against something that is very clearly set in stone.

You cannot be serious with "Let's see what happens to the Xbox 360" right?

This was the first week of XB1 sales we've been waiting for for a laugh since the day the system was announced. It did not disappoint. Well, their PR could boast that its sales are up 3000% over the 360. I love that it's still tracked and that it's able to nail in down to only double-figures. Under 100! It takes skill to count that low.

The jury's still out?

It's Japan.

It's the Xbox.

The jury is still out on if it will be outsold in a week by the 360 at some point by the end of the year.

Top Bottom