• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 39, 2013 (Sep 23 - Sep 29)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wii U is getting Frontier so why would they compete with themselves and release 4HD taking subscribers from themselves ?

Im talking about next year and the offerings after MK8, MH Frontier will do nothing for WiiU since its on every other plattform as well. If Capcom/Nintendo plan another MH4 western release, they might be also working on a HD version of MH4 for western markets. Will it happen ? Who knows, but i wouldnt be suprised to see MH4 HD 9-12 months from now, to fall in line with the western release.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Comgnet stores chain comparison, as of October 4th, 2013

[NDS] Pokémon Diamond / Pearl - 985pt + 775pt = 1760pt
[NDS] Pokémon HeartGold / SoulSilver - 948pt + 798pt = 1746pt
[NDS] Pokémon Black / White - 1686pt + 1482pt = 3168pt
[NDS] Pokémon Black 2 / White 2 - 987pt + 863pt = 1850pt*
[3DS] Pokémon X / Y - 875pt + 857pt = 1732pt

[3DS] Tales of the Abyss - 118pt
[PS3] Tales of Symphonia: Unisonant Pack - 129pt

[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII-2 - 255pt
[PS3] Lighting Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - 120pt

*data 7 days before release date, not 8; Comgnet didn't update for a while back then

[3DS] Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire! - 24pt
[3DS] Sentouchuu: Battle for Money - 36pt

[3DS] Hatsune Miku Project Mirai - 22pt
[3DS] Hatsune Miku Project Mirai 2 - 34pt

[PSP] Little Battlers eXperience - 47pt
[3DS] Little Battlers eXperience: Baku Boost - at 19pt / less than 19pt
[PSP] Little Battlers eXperience W - 30pt
[3DS] Little Battlers eXperience Wars - 22pt

Note: Puzzle & Dragons Z (3DS) - 86pt, the game comes out in more than 2 months.

Im talking about next year and the offerings after MK8, MH Frontier will do nothing for WiiU since its on every other plattform as well. If Capcom/Nintendo plan another MH4 western release, they might be also working on a HD version of MH4 for western markets. Will it happen ? Who knows, but i wouldnt be suprised to see MH4 HD 9-12 months from now, to fall in line with the western release.

That's a big IF - if they are planing full MH4HD then why bother with Frontier release ? That would be 3 MH games for Wii U in less than 24 months.

And if they do MH4HD then Wii U would be the choice with lowest sales potential among all platforms (well ok xbone would be worse in Japan).

cw_sasuke

That's a big IF - if they are planing full MH4HD then why bother with Frontier release ? That would be 3 MH games for Wii U in less than 24 months.

And if they do MH4HD then Wii U would be the choice with lowest sales potential among all platforms (well ok xbone would be worse in Japan).

They put MH3U on WiiU and were satisfied with its sales. MH4 HD on another platform would mean no cross-play/saves with the 3DS game, which would be a failure. MHF is a very diffrent MH product, its a F2P MH title that has been around for years - i really doubt that this game hitting WiiU means that it will never get an HD version of 4.

In terms of Nintendo's internal development, how many teams do they currently have that don't have announced projects for either 3DS of Wii U?

And what length of time has it been since those teams shipped a product?

extralite

Im talking about next year and the offerings after MK8, MH Frontier will do nothing for WiiU since its on every other plattform as well.

I semi-agree but the significance of Frontier will be a different one. Will it do better on U than on PS3 and Vita because the fanbase is already there thanks to MH3 on Wii and Wii U or will it do better on PS3 and Vita because of some PSP fans that would have preferred for MH to have stayed on Sony platforms?

MH found its home on a Nintendo handheld but should the main releases stay Nintendo exclusive from now on, even on consoles? I think poor as Frontier sales will probably turn out, they could be a test for Capcom deciding where to take a HD online centered version of 4.

Not necessarily, only if Wii U sales stay as they are now. The end of the year sees many old Wii hit franchises getting new installments on the U for the first time: Taiko, Wii Party, 3D Mario and an online MH. These could give Wii owners an incentive to finally upgrade.

In terms of Nintendo's internal development, how many teams do they currently have that don't have announced projects for either 3DS of Wii U?

And what length of time has it been since those teams shipped a product?

Well it's hard because some of their teams work on more than one game at at time, but at its simplest
EAD Tokyo- 3D World for Wii U
EAD 1- MK for Wii U currently
EAD 2- Nothing currently announced, but just released Animal Crossing and Nintendoland in 2012. Also developer of the Wii Sports series
EAD 3- Wind Waker HD just released, LBW releasing this year, Zelda Wii U in development
EAD 4- NSMBU and NSMB2 last year, Pikmin 3 July this year.
EAD 5- Wii Fit U, releasing F2P Steel Diver in the future
Retro- DKCR TF releasing next year
Intelligent Systems- Paper Mario release last year, FE x SMT in development
HAL- Kirby 3DS in development for 2014

Now some of these teams will a second game in development,but it seems for the most we know what it's in the pipeline that's possible next year internally

Kid Ying

Frontier means nothing for a nrw monhan on wiiu, imo. Capcom wanting to appeal more to the west and the chance of multiplayer with the 3ds are much more relevant on the chances of the port.

I dont think its going to happen soon. Maybe in 2015... If it happens at all.

Asd202

If a low effort HD remake of Tales outsells LR it's going to be hilarious. Still LR sales will be laughable for a FF title on home console anyway.

cw_sasuke

If and low effort HD remake of Tales outsells LR it's going to be hilarious. Still LR sales will be laughable for a FF title on home console.

It wont....ToS HD is hitting next week in a already crowded time frame. Lighting Returns still has some time left...lol.

L~A

Comgnet stores chain comparison, as of October 4th, 2013

[NDS] Pokémon Diamond / Pearl - 985pt + 775pt = 1760pt
[NDS] Pokémon HeartGold / SoulSilver - 948pt + 798pt = 1746pt
[NDS] Pokémon Black / White - 1686pt + 1482pt = 3168pt
[NDS] Pokémon Black 2 / White 2 - 987pt + 863pt = 1850pt*
[3DS] Pokémon X / Y - 875pt + 857pt = 1732pt

[3DS] Tales of the Abyss - 118pt

[PS3] Final Fantasy XIII-2 - 255pt

*data 7 days before release date, not 8; Comgnet didn't update for a while back then

[3DS] Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire! - 24pt
[3DS] Sentouchuu: Battle for Money - 36pt

[3DS] Hatsune Miku Project Mirai - 22pt
[3DS] Hatsune Miku Project Mirai 2 - 34pt

[PSP] Little Battlers eXperience - 47pt
[3DS] Little Battlers eXperience: Baku Boost - at 19pt / less than 19pt
[PSP] Little Battlers eXperience W - 30pt
[3DS] Little Battlers eXperience Wars - 22pt

Note: Puzzle & Dragons Z (3DS) - 86pt, the game comes out in more than 2 months.

Pokémon : well, apparently pre-orders for X/Y are already higher than Black/White (1.26 millions vs 1.16 millions I believe), so it's pretty much guaranteed it'll reach 2 millions during the first 2 days. I think it could beat Black/White, but personally, I'm expecting 2.5 millions top.

Good numbers for Miku, this sequels seems slightly more popular than the first game.

Little Battlers Wars seems... well... it looks like Level-5 is having another bomba...

DaBoss

Well it's hard because some of their teams work on more than one game at at time, but at its simplest
EAD Tokyo- 3D World for Wii U
EAD 1- MK for Wii U currently
EAD 2- Nothing currently announced, but just released Animal Crossing and Nintendoland in 2012. Also developer of the Wii Sports series
EAD 3- Wind Waker HD just released, LBW releasing this year, Zelda Wii U in development
EAD 4- NSMBU and NSMB2 last year, Pikmin 3 July this year.
EAD 5- Wii Fit U, releasing F2P Steel Diver in the future
Retro- DKCR TF releasing next year
Intelligent Systems- Paper Mario release last year, FE x SMT in development
HAL- Kirby 3DS in development for 2014

Now some of these teams will a second game in development,but it seems for the most we know what it's in the pipeline that's possible next year internally

There are 2 EAD Tokyo teams. The 2nd one is working on 3D World.

Pokémon : well, apparently pre-orders for X/Y are already higher than Black/White (1.26 millions vs 1.16 millions I believe), so it's pretty much guaranteed it'll reach 2 millions during the first 2 days. I think it could beat Black/White, but personally, I'm expecting 2.5 millions top.

Good numbers for Miku, this sequels seems slightly more popular than the first game.

Little Battlers Wars seems... well... it looks like Level-5 is having another bomba...

Black/White pre-order total was around 1.88m. Though X/Y still has a few more days to go.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
02./00. [PSV] The Legend Of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki # <RPG> (Nihon Falcom) {2013.09.26} (¥7.140) - 81.622 / NEW <77,33%>
___

04./00. [PS3] The Legend Of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki # <RPG> (Nihon Falcom) {2013.09.26} (¥8.190) - 67.718 / NEW <76,76%>
___

21./00. [PS3] Romance of the Three Kingdoms 12 with Power-Up Kit <SLG> (Koei Tecmo) {2013.09.26} (¥10.290)
22./18. [3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2012.07.28} (¥4.800)
23./15. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 <RCE> (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} (¥4.800)
24./12. [PS3] JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle # <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.08.29} (¥7.980)
25./07. [3DS] Nobunaga's Ambition <SLG> (Koei Tecmo) {2013.09.19} (¥5.040)
26./00. [3DS] Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist - Dairiou no Hihou [Wang Agency Selection Box] <ADV> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.09.26} (¥7.980)
27./00. [PS3] Eiyuu Senki # <SLG> (5pb.) {2013.09.26} (¥7.140)
28./22. [WII] Taiko no Tatsujin Wii: Super Deluxe Edition # <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.11.29} (¥5.040)
29./21. [3DS] Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D <ACT> (Nintendo) {2013.06.13} (¥4.800)
30./14. [PS3] Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist <ACT> (Ubisoft) {2013.09.05} (¥7.770)
31./00. [PSP] Hyaku Monogataru: Kaidan Romance # <ADV> (QuinRose) {2013.09.26} (¥6.300)
32./29. [3DS] Kuma-Tomo <ETC> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.06.20} (¥4.980)
33./26. [3DS] Taiko no Tatsujin: Chibi Dragon to Fushigi na Orb <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.07.12} (¥5.040)
34./24. [PS3] Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Dubbed Edition (Bargain Edition) <ACT> (Square Enix) {2013.09.05} (¥3.990)
35./16. [3DS] Romance of the Three Kingdoms # <SLG> (Koei Tecmo) {2013.09.19} (¥5.040)
36./32. [3DS] Hoppechan: Tsukutte! Asonde! Punipuni Town!! <ETC> (Nippon Columbia) {2013.07.25} (¥5.040)
37./27. [3DS] Fantasy Life: Link! <RPG> (Level 5) {2013.07.25} (¥4.980)
38./17. [PS3] AKB1/149: Love Election # <ADV> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.09.12} (¥5.980)
39./02. [PSV] Yahari Game Demo Ore no Seishun Love-Kome Hamachi Gatteiru. # <ADV> (5pb.) {2013.09.19} (¥7.140)
40./23. [WIU] Pikmin 3 <ACT> (Nintendo) {2013.07.13} (¥5.985)
41./34. [3DS] Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission <TBL> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.02.28} (¥5.800)
42./25. [3DS] Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies <ADV> (Capcom) {2013.07.25} (¥5.990)
43./39. [WIU] New Super Luigi U <ACT> (Nintendo) {2013.07.13} (¥3.885)
44./33. [NDS] Pokemon Black 2 / White 2 <RPG> (Pokemon Co.) {2012.06.23} (¥4.800)
45./00. [WIU] Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two <ACT> (Spike Chunsoft) {2013.09.26} (¥6.090)
46./38. [PSP] God Eater: Burst (PSP the Best Reprint) <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2013.06.06} (¥1.800)
47./47. [3DS] Super Mario 3D Land # <ACT> (Nintendo) {2011.11.03} (¥4.800)
48./46. [3DS] Tousouchuu: Shijou Saikyou no Hunter-Tachi Kara Nigekire! <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2012.07.05} (¥5.040)
49./42. [WII] New Play Control! Pikmin 2 <ACT> (Nintendo) {2009.03.12} (¥3.800)
50./44. [WII] Super Smash Bros. Brawl <FTG> (Nintendo) {2008.01.31} (¥6.800)

Top 50

3DS - 22
PS3 - 12
PSP - 4
WIU - 4
PSV - 3
WII - 3
360 - 1
NDS - 1

SOFTWARE
Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
|System | This Week  | Last Week  | Last Year  |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |
|  ALL  |    903.000 |    794.000 |    884.000 | 31.778.000 | 34.584.000 |

L~A

Wow, Epic Mickey 2... Epic Bomba, yeah (though that's hardly surprising!).

Black/White pre-order total was around 1.88m. Though X/Y still has a few more days to go.

Was that one week before launch? If yes, then there's really no way X/Y can beat BW, but 2 millions is quite possible I think (since the 1.26 millions doesn't include either download cards or the 3DS XL bundles).

Kid Ying

On dengeki we can see both Wiiu and Wii numbers. Of course there's a difference of publishers, but to fall from 70k to little more than 3k is harsh. The first game being average at best certainly didn't help it.

And i forgot to say before, but Zelda just entered the top 20 ever on eshop... But there's a thing: After the last patch, Nintendo took every virtual console that sold for 30 cents out of the rankings, lowering even more the entry barrier. By doing that, we have even games like that one from Simple Series entering the top 20.

I don't remember how much it changed. There's still a couple of virtual console games, Arc System games were in there too... I think that's about it.

There are 2 EAD Tokyo teams. The 2nd one is working on 3D World.

Yes, but the first one in their current state has yet to put out a real game. The second team is made up of pretty much everyone that has worked on 3D&#12288;Mario in the last decade. But I did forget Monolith who is working on X

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Honestly... given the ecosystem it launched in that's a pretty good showing.

Honestly this is the excuse we hear and will keep hearing for every Wii U title.

And I don't see how such a big drop from a GameCube title is a pretty good showing.

___

Media Create reported supply problems for 3DS LL.

Honestly this is the excuse we hear and will keep hearing for every Wii U title.

And I don't see how such a big drop from a GameCube title is a pretty good showing.

___

Media Create reported supply problems for 3DS LL

What the hell Nintendo. Pokemon's stock situation will probably be a mess.

L~A

Media Create reported supply problems for 3DS LL.

Are they happening right now, or is this about next week? Because if they 3DS's already starting to get shortages, the following few weeks are gonna be a bloodbath.

I think we're going to get some pretty amazing numbers in a few days.

Anteo

It's been 3 weeks right? still having problems with mh4? capcom really believe they would sell 2.8 m by next year didnt they?

Yamauchi

Banned
I've been following this race the closest. Just shift Dreamcast numbers up one row if you want to see calendar aligned instead of launch aligned since Dreamcast launched one week sooner.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Auk08dCFbiLZdDM1NEthSWctSXJZU2ozclpKaDdQSUE

Obviously the rounded Wii U numbers past week 43 are just my random guesses purposely created to put it behind Dreamcast just for fun to see the worst case for Wii U could be. I don't think the numbers are that unfathomable though. I expect only about 30-50K more than that through new years.
Excellent data. Thanks!

So it looks like the Wii U's trajectory is very similar to the Dreamcast's due to the Wii U's larger launch, but the Dreamcast was selling 15-20k a week at this point in its life.

Glass Rebel

I seriously doubt that they only expected 2.8m, reeks of classic undershooting.

But I guess Nintendo didn't get the memo.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???

___

Media Create reported supply problems for 3DS LL

Hmmm. That's odd. One would of thought that Nintendo's most dominant market would have ample stock of 3DS LL available. Maybe Nintendo waited until Q3 to provide shipments to retailers in order to book their sale and have a better Q3?

On a side note, are 3DS' game carts still produced by Nintendo and then sold to publishers or are the publishers producing the cart themselves?

Hmmm. That's odd. One would of thought that Nintendo's most dominant market would have ample stock of 3DS LL available. Maybe Nintendo waited until Q3 to provide shipments to retailers in order to book their sale and have a better Q3?

On a side note, are 3DS' game carts still produced by Nintendo and then sold to publishers or are the publishers producing the cart themselves?

I believe the process has maintained constant throughout the years:

1) Publishers schedule manufacturing with Nintendo's corporate offices

2) When they've reached the top of the queue, Nintendo's network of Uji plants in Kyoto manufacture the cartridges

3) They get shipped to Nintendo's North Bend facility where they get packaged and distributed throughout the USA through arrangements with the publisher

Mpl90

Watchdogs PS4 much, much higher than Yakuza Ishin PS4 on Amazon. The heck?

Probably things will change once PS4 itself is available, though. :p

Mpl90

Current situation on Amazon.co.jp for PS4. Reminder: preoders for Yakuza Ishin PS3 started many hours ago, for PS4 a few hours ago. The rest, from just a few minutes to one hour ago

Watch Dogs - 70th
Yakuza Ishin - 122th
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - 166th
Battlefield 4 - 308th

Yakuza Ishin PS3 - 220th

The others will see their preorders starting in the next hours, I suppose.

Thorgal

Current situation on Amazon.co.jp for PS4. Reminder: preoders for Yakuza Ishin PS3 started many hours ago, for PS4 a few hours ago. The rest, from just a few minutes to one hour ago

Watch Dogs - 70th
Yakuza Ishin - 122th
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - 166th
Battlefield 4 - 308th

Yakuza Ishin PS3 - 220th

The others will see their preorders starting in the next hours, I suppose.

I could be wrong here but i just checked amazon.jp and they are apparently already sold out on their PS4 orders stock.

can this be correct ?

Mpl90

I could be wrong here but i just checked amazon.jp and they are apparently already sold out on their PS4 orders stock.

can this be correct ?

Link? If you're talking about PS4 the console, that'll become available to preorder in 4-5 hours I think.

Link? If you're talking about PS4 the console, that'll become available to preorder in 4-5 hours I think.

This is what I am seeing:

Screen_shot_2013_10_04_at_19_01_55.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%BD%E3%83%8B%E3%83%BC%E3%83%BB%E3%82%B3%E3%83%B3%E3%83%94%E3%83%A5%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BF%E3%82%A8%E3%83%B3%E3%82%BF%E3%83%86%E3%82%A4%E3%83%B3%E3%83%A1%E3%83%B3%E3%83%88-Playstation-4/dp/B00BMFUSL8

Mistake by Amazon most likely.

Mpl90

IIRC, that's how items are desplayed right before being available for preorder. Otherwise, you'd see it in the top 100 right now.

Mpl90

New update

WatchDogs - 62th
Yakuza Ishin - 75th
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - 167th
Battlefield 4 - 229th
Call of Duty: Ghosts - 311th

Yakuza Ishin PS3 - 138th

...Hopefully things change when PS4 is officially available.

Top Bottom