• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 39, 2017 (Sep 25 - Oct 01)

Waji

Edit : Nice error... almost double post.

If Falcom released all the Kiseki Evolution on Switch I might buy the whole thing even if I already have Zero and Ao on Vita.
It's just so niceto play these game on handheld with headset.

Jackano

03./00. [NSW] Fire Emblem Warriors # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2017.09.28} (¥7.800) - 41.491 / NEW

NO THARJA

NO SALES

HAHAHA

ZHAdcGW.gif

It's already out and there is no Tharja?? Twice shocked here.

Hyrule Warriors was pretty novel though. Fire Emblem makes more sense as a Warriors game since it's about battles between armies in a medieval setting, but that may be exactly why it's not as hype inducing. It also seems way more restrained than HW was.

Just cause the setting works doesn't mean its a good idea. Hyrule Warriors used a bunch weird items as weapons that made fro some cool looking, unique, flashy move-sets. Fire Emblem has some classes that could offer move-sets like that but none of the characters they chose used them. Instead we get mostly traditional weapons and some magic users.

Plus they purposely chose not to include some of the most obvious popular characters for dumb reasons.

I believe in the power of the Durante PC port long game strategy!
... But no really, if they can get a good PC port of the game at around the western launch of the PS4 version, they may have a chance if they take advantage of the hype. There's not a ton of word of mouth going on around ToCS PC, but what's there is very good, so if they can just get this word to spread, maybe some sales magic can happen?
I may be being a little optimistic here, but I can dream
SteamSpy currently has CS1 at 23K, and even with Turbo mode I would think a median playtime of 23 hours suggest a lot of them haven't even finished it and you'd see a significant decline for the sequels like with Trails in the Sky.

Hopefully the combined sales from all the platforms are enough for XSEED and Falcom to keep going though.

Pooya

That's been pretty well established for a while hasn't it?

Kiseki series has had very stable sales for like 5+ years now, so them losing like half of their audience on this release is noteworthy compared with other games that weren't all that popular on Vita anyway and just ended up dying when they jumped to PS4.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
It’s more than the UK, lol.
Japan likely had like 5 times as much Switches in the wold compared to the UK.

Still don't understand why people expected some Blockbuster week 1 sales for the Switch version in the UK. Even the biggest first part Switch releases are nothing compared to what a Fifa sells in its first week on all systems.

Well enough of that.... Fifa Switch did quite well in Japan.. Past Nintendo releases were straight up bombas.

These lottery numbers are incredibly accurate in predicting Switch sales it seems. I'm really curious to see how much units Nintendo can provide from now on.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
00./00. [WIU] FIFA 13 <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2012.12.08} (¥7.300) - 1.510 / NEW <12,54%>

On Wii U Fifa was a launch game, it only sold 1,5K (also on a smaller userbase).

Vandole

I think it might be reasonable to say Fire Emblem, a pure strategy game, might not have been the best franchise to try a Muoso cross-over with. The two games might be too far apart for the FE audience to go for.

Why should they get over their portable preference? I don't understand.
I think this poster is just suggesting the Japanese market needs to let the Vita go, as the platform is becoming less and less viable for developers to support, especially if they care at all about western sales for their titles. Obviously portable gaming isn't dying in Japan when you look at Switch, but Sony portable gaming certainly is a dead end. You can also do a lot more impressive stuff with a game on PS4 than you can on Vita, even if it's just framerate and visuals.
Where does this idea that Fire Emblem is bigger than Zelda come from?
Zelda isn't as popular in Japan compared to the rest of the world. I'm not 100% sure on FE being more popular though, like haven't most Zelda games done 300k LTD in Japan? That's about the ceiling for most FE games too. And BotW will definitely sell more LTD than FE Switch, no matter how good FE Switch is.

Oh my god, look at Xenoverse 2's legs on Switch:

03./00. [NSW] Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch (Bandai Namco Games) {2017.09.07} - 24.045 / NEW
16./03. [NSW] Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch (Bandai Namco Games) {2017.09.07} - 3.782 / 27.827 (-84%)
21./16. [NSW] Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch (Bandai Namco Games) {2017.09.07} - 3,839* / 31,666*
19./21. [NSW] Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch (Bandai Namco Games) {2017.09.07} - 4.419 / 36.085 (+15)

Has ANY game done that where the 3rd AND 4th weeks were increases? That's amazing. I hope the Deluxe Edition on PS4 announcement doesn't affect legs. :(

Zedark

00./00. [WIU] FIFA 13 <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2012.12.08} (¥7.300) - 1.510 / NEW <12,54%>

On Wii U Fifa was a launch game, it only sold 1,5K (also on a smaller userbase).

That Wii U FIFA 13 version bombed AF. Interested in the Switch sell-through.

boiled goose

good with gravy
So customers who didn't find Sen III on Vita just...not buying it anyway.

Fire Emblem didn't impress either, though it's a bit higher than I thought (50k combined). Maybe KT will announce the DLC roster sooner to keep some legs? Otherwise it's pretty uneventful for something with as much potential as a Fire Emblem Musou.

Characters just not as exciting and recognizable as Zelda. Also, the game just looks generic unlike the bright HW aesthetic.

I enjoyed HW, but after getting burned on incomplete dlc on wiiu, not buying this.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Nintendo should exercise some restraint with the Fire Emblem series and stop Yo-kai Watching it with all these dumbass spin-offs/crossovers.
Most impressions about the game were more than positive.... No clue what you are talking about.

Not even the biggest FE fans but this is one of no brainers crossovers and it will perform well worldwide.

Pooya

And also,while they are banking the sales for the west is also an issue in my opinion?Is the big ps4 userbase always work?

It's coming to Steam too. It probably works out in the end but losing domestic sales that they got directly compared with those licensed to a 3rd party is a big hole to fill.

I think it might be reasonable to say Fire Emblem, a pure strategy game, might not have been the best franchise to try a Muoso cross-over with. The two games might be too far apart for the FE audience to go for.
Eh, it's not so much that as it is doubling down on the franchise's worst entry (Shadow Dragon) and doubling down on the worst aspect from the newest entry (the characters, especially the royals). The game would've done better had they included more popular Awakening characters (more Donnel, Lon'qu, and Tharja) and less meh characters (Lissa, Frederick, and Cordelia). In addition, the game desperately needs more legacy characters. The fact that Ike, Roy, Hector, and Alm are not in the game is just bonkers, and Ephraim and Erika should've been easy adds. Hell, throw FE4 fans a bone and put Sigurd in there. The roster is just kind of bad, and the roster is most of the appeal in a game like this.

Galang

Banned
Was expecting like 100k for Fire Emblem. I was way off. Shame since it seemed like the perfect franchise for a musou title

02./00. [PS4] FIFA 18 # <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2017.09.29} (¥7.800) - 55.919 / NEW
08./00. [NSW] FIFA 18 <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2017.09.29} (¥5.800) - 12.616 / NEW

XBO version 0%??? Somebody make a thread about this quickly...
/jk

It was an incredibly boneheaded move not to put in Ike and Roy.

I mean, they're playable characters in Smash Bros., that's more than enough to make them qualify for this game's roster.

Orgen

Quick, someone post the numbers for Zelda 3DS titles and FE 3DS titles :p

Nice boost for some titles and some disappearances too (DQXI PS4 and MvC:I).

wrowa

Well, that’s not a good result for Sen 3 at all. I think Falcom said international markets (likely primarily other Asian countries) are becoming more important for the series, but I can’t see them being comfortable with Sen 3 decreasing this harshly in the domestic market at all.

Gonna be interesting to see how international sales will hold up. Due to it being the third entry in a trilogy I don’t imagine sales (in the west at least) will benefit all that much from it finally being on PS4.

Zedark

Oh my god, look at Xenoverse 2's legs on Switch:

Has ANY game done that where the 3rd AND 4th weeks were increases? That's amazing. I hope the Deluxe Edition on PS4 announcement doesn't affect legs. :(

That's very interesting indeed. It'll probably not continue as strong after the PS4 deluxe announcement. Do we know when exactly the restock happened? if it was only this reported week, then it'll likely go down steadily anyway, but if it was the week before that, then we are seeing genuine legs.

Vinnk

disappointing FEW sales. especially for a two platforms release.
i guess they had it coming

Yeah I remember feeling pretty "meh" when it was announced. I love Fire Emblem but feel this game was unnecessary.

One of my friends is the biggest FE fanboy I know. He has bought (and finished) every FE game since the Famicom. This is the first FE game he has ever skipped. When I asked why he just said he was burnt out on Musou games.

I'm sure he's not alone.

Well, that’s not a good result for Sen 3 at all. I think Falcom said international markets (likely primarily other Asian countries) are becoming more important for the series, but I can’t see them being comfortable with Sen 3 decreasing this harshly in the domestic market at all.

Gonna be interesting to see how international sales will hold up. Due to it being the third entry in a trilogy I don’t imagine sales (in the west at least) will benefit all that much from it finally being on PS4.

Its not that big of a drop. The previous ones sold 200-220k LTD. PS4 one could get around 120-150k LTD.

casiopao

And also,while they are banking the sales for the west is also an issue in my opinion?Is the big ps4 userbase always work?

If they are banking on west, Falcom should just roll around lol. CS1 on PC is such non existence and i don't CS series is even ever big on the west there.

Top Bottom