• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 40, 2016 (Oct 03 - Oct 09)

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
01./00. [3DS] Monster Hunter Stories # <RPG> (Capcom) {2016.10.08} (¥5.800) - 140.603 / NEW <51,83%>
___

21./22. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf [Nintendo Selects] <ETC> (Nintendo) {2016.03.17} (¥2.700)
22./09. [PSV] Utawarerumono: Futari no Hakuoro # <SLG> (Aqua Plus) {2016.09.21} (¥6.800)
23./19. [PS3] Winning Eleven 2017 <SPT> (Konami) {2016.09.15} (¥6.600)
24./25. [PS4] The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Complete Edition <The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt \ The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Hearts of Stone \ The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine> <RPG> (Spike Chunsoft) {2016.09.01} (¥6.480)
25./18. [PS4] Utawarerumono: Futari no Hakuoro # <SLG> (Aqua Plus) {2016.09.21} (¥6.800)
26./20. [3DS] One Piece: Daikaizoku Coliseum <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2016.09.21} (¥5.700)
27./28. [3DS] Sumikko Gurashi: Mura o Tsukurundesu <ETC> (Nippon Columbia) {2016.07.21} (¥4.800)
28./31. [3DS] Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games <SPT> (Nintendo) {2016.02.18} (¥4.700)
29./10. [PS4] Dead Island: Definitive Collection <Dead Island: Definitive Edition <Dead Island \ Dead Island: Bloodbath Arena \ Dead Island: Ryder White> \ Dead Island: Riptide - Definitive Edition \ Dead Island: Retro Revenge> <ADV> (Spike Chunsoft) {2016.09.29} (¥5.000)
30./33. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 <RCE> (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} (¥4.571)
31./35. [WIU] Mario Kart 8 # <RCE> (Nintendo) {2014.05.29} (¥5.700)
32./46. [3DS] Monster Hunter Generations # <ACT> (Capcom) {2015.11.28} (¥5.800)
33./37. [3DS] Tomodachi Life [Nintendo Selects] <ETC> (Nintendo) {2016.03.17} (¥2.700)
34./32. [PS4] Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Siege <ACT> (Ubisoft) {2015.12.10} (¥8.400)
35./38. [WIU] Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games <SPT> (Nintendo) {2016.06.23} (¥5.700)
36./39. [PS4] Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2015.12.03} (¥2.400)
37./48. [WIU] Super Smash Bros. for Wii U # <FTG> (Nintendo) {2014.12.06} (¥7.200)
38./00. [PSV] PsychicEmotion6 # <ADV> (Idea Factory) {2016.10.06} (¥6.300)
39./47. [3DS] 12-Sai. Koisuru Diary <ADV> (Happinet) {2016.08.04} (¥5.815)
40./00. [3DS] Kobito Game Taizen <ETC> (Nippon Columbia) {2016.10.06} (¥4.800)
41./43. [3DS] Taiko no Tatsujin: Don Don! Mystery Adventure <ACT> (Bandai Namco Games) {2016.06.16} (¥4.800)
42./34. [PS3] Utawarerumono: Futari no Hakuoro # <SLG> (Aqua Plus) {2016.09.21} (¥6.800)
43./41. [PS4] Tales of Berseria <RPG> (Bandai Namco Games) {2016.08.18} (¥8.200)
44./26. [PS4] Dead Rising 2 <ACT> (Capcom) {2016.09.29} (¥2.490)
45./23. [PS4] Dead Rising <ACT> (Capcom) {2016.09.29} (¥2.490)
46./45. [3DS] Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon [Nintendo Selects] <ACT> (Nintendo) {2016.03.17} (¥2.700)
47./00. [3DS] Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns <SLG> (Marvelous) {2016.06.23} (¥4.980)
48./00. [3DS] Disney Art Academy <HOB> (Nintendo) {2016.04.07} (¥3.700)
49./40. [PS4] Overwatch <ACT> (Square Enix) {2016.05.24} (¥7.800)
50./00. [PS4] Call of Duty: Black Ops III # <ACT> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2015.11.06} (¥7.900)

Top 50

3DS - 20
PS4 - 15
PS3 - 5
PSV - 5
WIU - 5

SOFTWARE
Code:
+-------+------------+------------+------------+------------+------------+
|System |  This Week |  Last Week |  Last Year |     YTD    |  Last YTD  |
|  ALL  |    407.000 |    349.000 |    444.000 | 20.285.000 | 25.654.000 |

duckroll

Correct me if I'm wrong but when YW3 was first announced, there was the implication that it would have a model akin to DLC and season passes rather than isolated re-releases right? That buying YW3 would allow you to continue to upgrade the game via patches and paid expansions. Did I dream all that? I seem to recall a chart too.

hiska-kun

Correct me if I'm wrong but when YW3 was first announced, there was the implication that it would have a model akin to DLC and season passes rather than isolated re-releases right? That buying YW3 would allow you to continue to upgrade the game via patches and paid expansions. Did I dream all that? I seem to recall a chart too.

I remember that too. Akihiro is a liar.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Hino is only lying if the current YW3 versions dont get the new stuff via a Update - they were always going to bundle everything in a 3rd/Final SKU for the Holidays, i mean its Level 5.

duckroll

Hino is only lying if the current YW3 versions dont get the new stuff via a Update - they were always going to bundle everything in a 3rd/Final SKU for the Holidays, i mean its Level 5.

It doesn't sound like a bundle though? It sounds like a third version.

Sandfox

That was back when Yokai Watch games had the potential to sell 3 million copies though.

http://gematsu.com/2016/10/yo-kai-watch-3-sukiyaki-announced

lol hino really did it. Package release and everything with new features. No mention of these new features being available in Sushi or Tempura. I wonder what changed
I be like

"Me has job now, me finally get YW3, yays!"

Now I be like

"Me waiting until December, yays!"

Because what's the point in getting the current version now? lol

Also I liked the Busters approach much better. >_>

Aters

There was a secret rumor running around among Japanese gamers, that is, the 3rd version of YW3 will rise from the ash of bombs. Now is the hour! YW3's reign has just begun! Join it or perish!

L~A

We should at least be getting numbers for the bundle since it comes with PSVR Worlds which will likely be tracked.

Hmm... maybe we could have something then.

Monster Hunter Stories' first week sell-through is 51.83%. Also, this game has an unsatisfactory start for retailers and according to them, the ones interested in it are mainly adults.
http://www.m-create.com/ranking/

Adults, heh? Interesting.

It doesn't sound like a bundle though? It sounds like a third version.

I think it's just poor wording on his part. Yo-kai Watch 2: Shin Uchi included the exclusive content from the other two versions, alongside the new extra content. While there was an update adding the Shin Uchi content to the two original versions, the only way to get all the content in one version was to get Shin Uchi (or to trade with other players for the exclusive Yo-kai).

Also, I think this is what was mentioned earlier?

contents_07.jpg

Only thing they said was that Yo-kai Watch 3 would get 3 major updates (pretty sure they never said whether they'd be free or not), and Sukiyaki looks like 2.0.

I don't think their plans have changed (the graph above has been on the website for a while, and hasn't been removed), but we shall see tomorrow when the thing is properly announced.

By the way, the scan mentions some sort of pack, but too small to read.

L~A

^
Maybe Yo-kai Watch 3 will get another two retail versions.

Actually, I remember discussing that with someone in this very thread a while ago.

Was (and still am) expecting major updates on July 2017 (usual Yo-kai Watch game for July) and December 2017 (to coincide with 4th movie), too.

Orgen

What happened with the legs of Yokai 2 when the third version was announced? Even with the disappointing sales I was sure that Yokai 3 would reach 1.500.000 LTD, now... not so much :|

....Back to talk about Pokémon, Japan will surely be the place with the smaller boost compared to XY. The real increase will happen in the west where is likely it will double XY at launch, and in my opinion is going to sell 20 million worldwide lifetime.

This is an absolutely crazy expectation for 3DS software. I'm thinking Diamond and Pearl numbers is the absolute best case scenario.

test_account

XP-39C²
Wait wait wait here. A kids product with CERO C? I mean, isn't that kinda does not make sense. Why are u making a game for children but put the rating on 15years+? This does not make any sense?O_O
Did Capcom say that this game was primarily aimed at kids (6+ years old)? Or was that just assumed due to the look of the game?

---

About adults buying the game, its possible that people are buying it for their kids as well.

duckroll

Did Capcom say that this game was primarily aimed at kids (6+ years old)? Or was that just assumed due to the look of the game?

The main marketing component of the game is a year long kid's anime running on a new FujiTV early Sunday morning slot just before Dragonball and One Piece.

About adults buying the game, its possible that people are buying it for their kids as well.

The comment in question mentions that according to retailer staff, -interest- in the game seems to come mostly from adults rather than children. If parents were buying the game for kids, retailers would likely not make comments like that.

test_account

XP-39C²
I see. I guess its not that strange with a C-rating, might be small elements that bumps up the rating.

The comment in question mentions that according to retailer staff, -interest- in the game seems to come mostly from adults rather than children. If parents were buying the game for kids, retailers would likely not make comments like that.
I guess it depends on what the info is based on, people who simply bought the game or if they asked/talked to people who bought it. And an adult can be anyone from 20+ years old, if its mostly people in their mid 20s who bought it, its unlikely that they have kids old enough. But the game looks to be something that everyone can enjoy.

duckroll

I see. I guess its not that strange with a C-rating, might be small elements that bumps up the rating.

No you misunderstand. The game doesn't have a CERO C rating. Normal Monster Hunter games do. The poster earlier was saying that since the series has always been for old fans, it is not that surprising that if a kid spinoff fails to capture the interest of kids immediately, the support would mostly come from older players who already know the series well.

Pretty sure MHS is rated CERO A. :p

BriBri

Monster Hunter Stories IS rated Cero A.

I'm about 20 hours in thus far. It is very good and all but I'm unsure how many players will continue to play once completing the main RPG mode, so we could see many used copies hit the market in a couple of weeks.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
This is an absolutely crazy expectation for 3DS software. I'm thinking Diamond and Pearl numbers is the absolute best case scenario.

Pokemon is below 20m since Gold / Silver. If it couldn't top 20m on DS it won't top them on 3DS. But a rise from X/Y should be expected.

Ryng_tolu

Banned

No offense but i'm boring to hear about crazy expectations which in the end are correct or the most close to real.

20 million is a realistic prediction, don't see what's crazy about this, and if you want my opinion, 15/16 million is way crazier.

Most of you expect it to outsell XY if i understand correctly. Well. How much do you think will XY sells in the end? Cause i know many of you with "it will sell more than XY" mean it will sell more than 15m (what XY actually sold so far).

Which is the biggest mistake you can make.

This is massively wrong. Pokémon XY are STILL selling, and not some units, but notable numbers. First of all, it's up YOY quite a lot compared to last year.

POKEMON XY 2015 VS 2016 sales

Code:
[U]2015[/U]
Q1 - 150,000
Q2 - 140,000
Q3 - 160,000
Q4 - 310,000

[U]2016[/U]
Q1 - 240,000 [B](up YOY 60%)[/B]
Q2 - 280,000 [B](up YOY 100%)[/B] <------ this is before Pokémon GO
Q3 - ?
Q4 - ?

With those numbers, some of you really think XY will stop at 15 million?

Is not hard to understand that 16.5 million is absolutely the MINIMUM of what XY will end at. 17-17.5 million is the most likely scenario. Let's just make some (realistic, if not conservate) expectations for this year:

Q3 2016 - 550,000 (about double to last quarter thanks Pokémon GO)
Q4 2016 - 700,000 (a bit more than last quarter because of holidays)

With those two quarter of sales, Pokémon XY is already at >16.2 million. Then, if you think it can't sell another 300k in 2 years and more (an average of under 40k all quarter), i don't really know what tell to you.
Soooooo, using a (realistic) 17-17.5 million lifetime sales for XY... what's crazy about expect only a ~15% increase for MS?

Unless for "more than XY" you guys only mean something like 500k, which seem low... and even in this case, we should see at least something close to 18 million.

I don't know what say more, anything under 18 million for Pokémon MS looks seriusly pessimist. 15 million is the real crazy prediction, 20 million is definitively in the "sanity" range. I can understand a crazy prediction could be +25 million, but let's be serius there is nothing strange to expect 20 million.

If it couldn't top 20m on DS it won't top them on 3DS.

...i don't get it?

Mario Kart 8 has outsold by a notable margin Double dush even if Wii U has sold notable less than GameCube.

Oregano

Scans (of Jump weekly) have been floating around from like 6 hrs ago but I can't post it here.

Oh I haven't be able to find anything. I'm kinda surprised they're jumping back on 3DS at this point, though I assume this is probably from the LoL team so it might just be easier.

crinale

Oh I haven't be able to find anything. I'm kinda surprised they're jumping back on 3DS at this point, though I assume this is probably from the LoL team so it might just be easier.

Well I assume it's not like they've started development a month ago or so so 3DS makes perfect sense.
And as for finding scans I can't find any major Japanese site leaking this either so I think they're just trying to not to ruin the party.
(At comment section you see ppl commenting they already saw scans). I saw direct image scan btw.

and Ryng is banned?

Mario Kart 8 has outsold by a notable margin Double dush even if Wii U has sold notable less than GameCube.

GC didn't have bundles as Wii U had

also, how much sold Smash on Wii U ? half of GC version :D

wanna talk about Pikmin ? :D

best 3rd party on WiiU ? MH 200k
best 3rd party on GC ? Naruto 3, 400k

ps : hw difference between GC and Wii U is 800k, I don't see such a "notable less" difference...

Oregano

Well I assume it's not like they've started development a month ago or so so 3DS makes perfect sense.
And as for finding scans I can't find any major Japanese site leaking this either so I think they're just trying to not to ruin the party.
(At comment section you see ppl commenting they already saw scans). I saw direct image scan btw.

and Ryng is banned?

Just saw the scan. It looks straight up like LoL2, even the title is the same font. So 3DS makes sense there, its probably reusing the engine and assets.

L~A

Why does this image make me think of Legend of Legacy?

Well, the scan makes it pretty clear this is directly related to Legend of Legacy. Not sure if a proper sequel, but at least a spiritual one.

and Ryng is banned?

I'm not sure which "big sites" you're talking about(certainly not the likes of 4Gamer or Inside-Games which never, ever post leaks), but with the weekly amount of leaked stuff you find on various JP websites/blogs, I don't think they really care about ruining anyone's party :p

It's stuff from Jump, and usually stuff that leaks from there doesn't make much noise for some reason. Maybe because it's not a gaming magazine, so game websites don't pay too much attention to it.

As for Ryng_Tolu, the ban is not related to this thread in case you're wondering.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
No offense but i'm boring to hear about crazy expectations which in the end are correct or the most close to real.

20 million is a realistic prediction, don't see what's crazy about this, and if you want my opinion, 15/16 million is way crazier.

Most of you expect it to outsell XY if i understand correctly. Well. How much do you think will XY sells in the end? Cause i know many of you with "it will sell more than XY" mean it will sell more than 15m (what XY actually sold so far).

Which is the biggest mistake you can make.

This is massively wrong. Pokémon XY are STILL selling, and not some units, but notable numbers. First of all, it's up YOY quite a lot compared to last year.

POKEMON XY 2015 VS 2016 sales

Code:
[U]2015[/U]
Q1 - 150,000
Q2 - 140,000
Q3 - 160,000
Q4 - 310,000

[U]2016[/U]
Q1 - 240,000 [B](up YOY 60%)[/B]
Q2 - 280,000 [B](up YOY 100%)[/B] <------ this is before Pokémon GO
Q3 - ?
Q4 - ?

With those numbers, some of you really think XY will stop at 15 million?

Is not hard to understand that 16.5 million is absolutely the MINIMUM of what XY will end at. 17-17.5 million is the most likely scenario. Let's just make some (realistic, if not conservate) expectations for this year:

Q3 2016 - 550,000 (about double to last quarter thanks Pokémon GO)
Q4 2016 - 700,000 (a bit more than last quarter because of holidays)

With those two quarter of sales, Pokémon XY is already at >16.2 million. Then, if you think it can't sell another 300k in 2 years and more (an average of under 40k all quarter), i don't really know what tell to you.
Soooooo, using a (realistic) 17-17.5 million lifetime sales for XY... what's crazy about expect only a ~15% increase for MS?

Unless for "more than XY" you guys only mean something like 500k, which seem low... and even in this case, we should see at least something close to 18 million.

I don't know what say more, anything under 18 million for Pokémon MS looks seriusly pessimist. 15 million is the real crazy prediction, 20 million is definitively in the "sanity" range. I can understand a crazy prediction could be +25 million, but let's be serius there is nothing strange to expect 20 million.

...i don't get it?

Your analysis that has as base continued sales year after year as if new generation won't start or that every X/Y owner should be considered given for Sun / Moon, just like your 24m 3DS prediction simply isn't happning.

casiopao

Alliance Alive coming to 3DS. And it seems to build a lot from the Legend of Legacy too with same character art style and of course Music.^_^

Anyone remember how much Legend of Legacy sold last time? Is there chances for this one too outsold that one? Considering how Saga is going to launch too late this year.(If they are not delayed lol.)

Top Bottom