• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 40, 2017 (Oct 02 - Oct 08)

It doesn't work now :( but it worked when i posted it :(

There was no date for the next lotteries, they said that lotteries of September 30th was over and that news for the next lotteries would arrive, as before, no more.

Edit: i notice some mistakes in this top ( http://switchsoku.com/soft/pokemon/12353 ), we need to rectify it,Arms is higher for example 19./22. [NSW] Arms <FTG> (Nintendo) {2017.06.16} (¥5.980) - 3.340 / 232.688

00./00. [WIU] Pokken Tournament # <FTG> (Pokemon Co.) {2016.03.18} (¥7.200) - * / 179.000

Ok... i erase this top...
why hasn’t anyone made a thread about this?

Bic Camera SFC mini lotteries url works now

http://www.biccamera.co.jp.e.lj.hp.transer.com/shopguide/news/nintendo_classicmini/index.html

this time, screen :p

It moves for Bic Camera switch/sfc mini lotteries, maybe lotteries for the next week, Bic Camera plays with our nerves :p , wait and see :)

Again a cross-net play (Crazy Justice,with UE 4):

We are happy to announce the Cross-Network Play for #CrazyJustice between #NintendoSwitch #PC #XboxOne
https://twitter.com/BlackRiddles/status/918816246782709762

Come on Sony...

http://www.biccamera.co.jp.e.lj.hp.transer.com/shopguide/news/nintendo_classicmini/index.html

It moves for Bic Camera switch/sfc mini lotteries, maybe lotteries for the next week, Bic Camera plays with our nerves :p , wait and see :)

Again a cross-net play (Crazy Justice):

We are happy to announce the Cross-Network Play for #CrazyJustice between #NintendoSwitch #PC #XboxOne
https://twitter.com/BlackRiddles/status/918816246782709762

Come on Sony...

Super Famicom plays classical music, confirmed.

mao2

I don't understand, what's the point of these posts? Aren't they just the regular announcements by Bic Camera, in this case posted on September 30 and October 5, about Switch and Classic Mini SFC lottery sales have ended? There are no concrete news about when the next one will be held.

I don't understand, what's the point of these posts? Aren't they just the regular announcements by Bic Camera, in this case posted on September 30 and October 5, about Switch and Classic Mini SFC lottery sales have ended? There are no concrete news about when the next one will be held.

These url did not work for several days (for the last lotteries), we thought lotteries was ended forever ( :'( ) and now a new hope! :p

Lotteries are a drug here :p

tumblr_mogzktSYXg1r35nfuo1_500.gif

test_account

XP-39C²
Yup. Capcom has been burning many goodwill of Nintendo fans.

Nintendo fans probably had bigger expectations toward Capcom after they keep supporting Capcom through all MH release on 3ds and the news that Switch upgraded its specs under Capcom request.

And when nothing come out, dissapointment explode.
Do you think that Nintendo fans hold a grudge against Capcom and refuse to buy their games though?

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Do you think that Nintendo fans hold a grudge against Capcom and refuse to buy their games though?
I doubt it will be anything so petty but announcing a switch mh game and the refusing to localise to encourage them to get another game on other platforms is not going to gain you good regardless what company does it. For that series at least I doubt there will be as much enthusiasm as there could have been.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Gaming is a fast moving business...Bethesda was irrelevant for most Nintendo only players not too long ago and now they look like one of the best partners out there. The same will be true for Capcom when RE2Make is on Switch as well, a new MH arrives to Switch in addition to the next Ace Attorney title.

Its understandable that Switch owners are frustrated by Capcoms support so far considering they were on board early on with the 3DS - but if the content shows up (and is good) - fans/gamers obv. will be there.

Its not like PS4 owners skipped DQXI or are skipping MHW because previous games were on 3DS - thats not how it works.

Starting 2018 we will see a different tune when it comes to jp 3rdPartys and Nintendo (Switch). The announcements and release schedule for this FY were set in stone before Switch was even on the market.

test_account

XP-39C²
I doubt it will be anything so petty but announcing a switch mh game and the refusing to localise to encourage them to get another game on other platforms is not going to gain you good regardless what company does it. For that series at least I doubt there will be as much enthusiasm as there could have been.
Doesnt that mean that the decision being made by Capcom, that this is a reason that influence what people will buy? As in "since you're not localizing this game on a platform that i want, i'm not going to have much interest in your other products, and this is therefor affecting my purchase decisions".

You just described me.

I have limited time, and at this point I'd rather buy games from companies that actually show at least a little bit of respect to their fans.

Bethesda <3
Fair enough, but will you skip future Capcom releases because of this? For example those games that are released in 1-2 years from now.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Doesnt that mean that the decision being made by Capcom, that this is a reason that influence what people will buy? As in "since you're not localizing this game on a platform that i want, i'm not going to have much interest in your other products".
I mean yeah that happens. Keep in mind XX is not world eve if you weren't an owner of the switch XX not being localised is not a benefit to anyone. It's eve less of a benefit to someone that does own a switch. These are competitive platforms.

They won't see a MH in the west in the format they want for many years. Interest lost is inevitable. It's the risk Caocom took.

Speaking of MHW, someone finally did a comparison on COMG with it and DQ11 and FFXV PS4. Will be interesting to see where that ends up i the coming months.

Put this in the TV ads.......guaranteed 10 million seller.

Sure, but we know that Nintendo courted Capcom as well.

Clearly not in the correct way xD

Yup. Capcom has been burning many goodwill of Nintendo fans.

Nintendo fans probably had bigger expectations toward Capcom after they keep supporting Capcom through all MH release on 3ds and the news that Switch upgraded its specs under Capcom request.

And when nothing come out, dissapointment explode.

Sounds like what Vita fans were saying.

cw_sasuke

Vita was never the top selling system and competing against the 3DS though....its not like Capcom wouldnt benefit from supporting the Switch. It seems like a obv. Win/Win situation for a publisher that really could need the extra income...thats the reason why Sales-GAF people have been frustrated with Capcom.

In the past they described low effort ports like MH3U or USF2 a "smash" and "break-out" hits when they sold sub 500k units - guess what they probably could have had a couple of those on Switch. When you have the smallest publishers and indies being able to release Retail a game like Retro City Rampage on Switch there is no excuse for Capcom not being able to make MMLC 1/2 and co. happening in time.

Nibel

That is probably the case for a lot of folks; they completely dropped the ball for Switch year 1

Personally, I just look at their recent output and think that they completely lost whatever made them great years ago. MHW looks pretty fucking good but that's also their big flagship franchise that has all the resources pumped into it

Fukuzatsu

Considering the drop in support from games like Portable 2nd and 3rd to....whatever Frontier G & Z is? It's not surprising.

It's gone PS2 (2004-2006)->Wii/PSP (2005-2010)->3DS (2010-2017)->PS4/XO/PC, so obviously they had a longer run on 3DS, but I would venture a guess that MHW not being on Switch is the least of Capcom's image problems right now.

cw_sasuke

You know what would make Nintendo fans happy with Capcom? Megaman Legends 3 on switch.
From current Capcom ? lol

They barely have enough resources to get their biggest games with RE and MH out the door.

Its not like most Switch owners have some crazy expectations or predictions when it comes to Capcom support - i think most would have been fine with MMLC Collection and/or Disney Afternoon Collection during the launch months...well and Okami HD in addition to Revaltions 1+2 later that year.

But not providing any of those three "cheap" ports and skipping MHXX western release....well, of course some fans will be pissed lol.

Fair enough, but will you skip future Capcom releases because of this? For example those games that are released in 1-2 years from now.
I already am.

Not only on Nintendo platforms, but on PS4 as well. And when I do play their games, I'm either getting an used copy or paying $20 months after launch. I'm in no rush, because like I said, I have limited time and I'd rather support those who works harder to earn my money. Like Bethesda and Square Enix.

Speaking of MHW, someone finally did a comparison on COMG with it and DQ11 and FFXV PS4. Will be interesting to see where that ends up i the coming months.

Care to share?

And Vita fans were all talk.

I remember when Sony revealed that Freedom Wars would be a digital only release in the UK and we had a huge uproar, Sony backpedaled, and then the game never charted in the Top 40, which you would only need like 100 copies to get in.

That has to be one of the biggest kis in recent memory.

gaDt5Xu.gif

Principate

Saint Titanfall

Put this in the TV ads.......guaranteed 10 million seller.

Clearly not in the correct way xD

MH fans barely bought the vita in the first place of course it had no impact.

If your talking about Japan specifically MH fans aren't exactly buying the PS4 enmass either.

cw_sasuke

MH fans barely bought the vita in the first place of course it had no impact.

If your talking about Japan specifically MH fans aren't exactly buying the PS4 enmass either.

I mean you cant really proof which fanbases bought a system or not. For all we know most people who liked MH during the PSP days also bought or owned a Vita.....or a PS4 now.

test_account

XP-39C²
I mean yeah that happens. Keep in mind XX is not world eve if you weren't an owner of the switch XX not being localised is not a benefit to anyone. It's eve less of a benefit to someone that does own a switch. These are competitive platforms.

They won't see a MH in the west in the format they want for many years. Interest lost is inevitable. It's the risk Caocom took.
That does kinda sound like a grudge to me, or at least a type of it. That people would otherwise buy upcoming games, but just because they didnt localize or released another game, this changes their buying decision and therefor refuse to buy the upcoming games because of this one reason.

That is probably the case for a lot of folks; they completely dropped the ball for Switch year 1

Personally, I just look at their recent output and think that they completely lost whatever made them great years ago. MHW looks pretty fucking good but that's also their big flagship franchise that has all the resources pumped into it
Its possible. Personally i think that is kinda silly. I understand that people want certain releases and that it sucks if it doesnt get released or localized, no doubt. But to refuse to buy upcoming games that they otherwise would be interesting in buying just because they are angry of previous release decisions, i dont agree with such thing.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I mean you cant really proof which fanbases bought a system or not. For all we know most people who liked MH during the PSP days also bought or owned a Vita.....or a PS4 now.
Nah you say with relatively high probability. All you have to do is look at the Vita's ltd look at MH on PSP's Ltd and look at the 3DS MH ltd. Unless the vast majority of 3DS monster hunter owner also bought a vita there is a very clear shift.

Oregano

https://mantan-web.jp/amp/article/20171013dog00m200027000c.html

More words from the CEO of Gzbrain (Famitsu). There's more in the article.

Google Translate:

This is exactly what happened with the Wii. Those games will be too little, too late.

Third parties have royally fucked up.

It's easy to say "No one knew the system would a success!" but the people making those decisions aren't hobbyists on GAF, they are execs paid millions to know what bets to make.

And there are many reasons to hate Capcom anyway, we are small groups with different reasons, but when you add us up, the result is clear.

Capcom is in the middle of a shit storm right now, from every angle, and all their games are bombing.

It's not a good look for them.

I already am.

Not only on Nintendo platforms, but on PS4 as well. And when I do play their games, I'm either getting an used copy or paying $20 months after launch. I'm in no rush, because like I said, I have limited time and I'd rather support those who works harder to earn my money. Like Bethesda and Square Enix.

Care to share?

And Vita fans were all talk.

I remember when Sony revealed that Freedom Wars would be a digital only release in the UK and we had a huge uproar, Sony backpedaled, and then the game never charted in the Top 40, which you would only need like 100 copies to get in.

That has to be one of the biggest kis in recent memory.

gaDt5Xu.gif

Vita was never the top selling system and competing against the 3DS though....its not like Capcom wouldnt benefit from supporting the Switch. It seems like a obv. Win/Win situation for a publisher that really could need the extra income...thats the reason why Sales-GAF people have been frustrated with Capcom.

In the past they described low effort ports like MH3U or USF2 a "smash" and "break-out" hits when they sold sub 500k units - guess what they probably could have had a couple of those on Switch. When you have the smallest publishers and indies being able to release Retail a game like Retro City Rampage on Switch there is no excuse for Capcom not being able to make MMLC 1/2 and co. happening in time.

Considering the drop in support from games like Portable 2nd and 3rd to....whatever Frontier G & Z is? It's not surprising.

It's gone PS2 (2004-2006)->Wii/PSP (2005-2010)->3DS (2010-2017)->PS4/XO/PC, so obviously they had a longer run on 3DS, but I would venture a guess that MHW not being on Switch is the least of Capcom's image problems right now.

I'm talking about the mentality in that post is very much like what Vita fans were like. After initial kneejerk hate towards Capcom for changing platforms (we saw this as well with SW fans), this burning of goodwill is fickle at best, especially when we are talking about a series like Monster Hunter.

Its not replaceable, there's nothing else really like it and Capcom knows it.

test_account

XP-39C²
I already am.

Fair enough. Doesnt sound like you will be skipping out on the games at least.

This is exactly what happened with the Wii. Those games will be too little, too late.

It's easy to say "No one knew the system would a success!" but the people making those decisions aren't hobbyists on GAF, they are execs paid millions to know what bets to make.
They know what bets to make, but like all bets, nothing is certain. Thats why its bets :)

the nds was in the same boat tbf

Principate

Saint Titanfall

It weirder than that these devs made a bet against their own traditional domestic market despite a larger proportion of their revenue coming from said domestic market.

The few that didn't tended to be those who were least dependent on that market in the first place.

The whole situation is odd. It would be as if EA and Activision were to bet against the PS5 and the XB2 being a success.

Nibel

Its possible. Personally i think that is kinda silly. I understand that people want certain releases and that it sucks if it doesnt get released or localized, no doubt. But to refuse to buy upcoming games that they otherwise would be interesting in buying just because they are angry of previous release decisions, i dont agree with such thing.

Agreed; it's very counter-productive

It weirder than that these devs bet against their own traditional domestic market despite a larger proportion of their revenue coming from said domestic market.

The few that didn't tended to be those who were least dependent on that market in the first place.

The whole situation is odd. It would be as if EA and Activision were to bet against the PS5 and the XB2 being a success.

How many devs concerning video games get more money solely from JP than their overseas total?

cw_sasuke

Nah you say with relatively high probability. All you have to do is look at the Vita's ltd look at MH on PSP's Ltd and look at the 3DS MH ltd. Unless the vast majority of 3DS monster hunter owner also bought a vita there is a very clear shift.

Thats not how it works ....or are you suggesting that most Pokemon fans didnt own or bought a 3DS because the DS sold much more units ? MH was essential for the PSP - but the PSP had a lot more to offer than the Vita in the first place...Capcom, Bamco, SE, Konami, Atlus etc. all had more support for the system.

I dont see a reason why MH fans who got a 3DS for the system wouldnt be able to own/buy a Vita as well...especially if they are fans of portable multiplayer action hunting titles...even with MH on 3DS, the other games were all on Vit and the Vita was arguable the better device for those type of experiences.
I'm talking about the mentality in that post is very much like what Vita fans were like. After initial kneejerk hate towards Capcom for changing platforms (we saw this as well with SW fans), this burning of goodwill is fickle at best, especially when we are talking about a series like Monster Hunter.

Its not replaceable, there's nothing else really like it and Capcom knows it.

Nope, Vita not getting MH meant the system was dead. Switch not getting MH means Capcom is losing potentially money since they are missing out on the portable market - Switch will be fine though with Nintendo full first party efforts behind it.

Different situations really....Capcom is already struggling - not a position where you wanna fuck up the reliable sector that has been keeping you afloat for the last couple years.

How many devs concerning video games get more money solely from JP than their overseas total?

How many devs can sell 3-4m of their titles in Japan ?
And its not like releasing a game on 3DS or Switch would have meant that the game couldnt have left Japan either. Pretty sure that MHW or whatever new MH they would have brought to Switch would have been big in the west as well, with the usual Nintendo support etc.

Dont think it ever was a either or situation. Aargh...MH discussion again, already getting bored...my main point was that even outside of the MHW situation Capcoms Switch support has been lackluster - they could have benefited from the launch Switch buzz if they had released some smaller titles on it.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Agreed; it's very counter-productive

There is nothing counter productive in not buying late ports.. Capcom is proposing only few late ports to Nintendo fans so if Nintendo fans aren't buying those products imho is not for GAF backlash but for products being unattractive
And if products are unattractive there is nothing counter productive in not buying them

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Any dev midtier or lower. Is the usual rule of thumb with the odd exceptions.

Capcom was notable for while as being on of the few Japanese publishers that relied more on overseas sales than domestic. Obviously things change.

Minsc

Gold Member
They know what bets to make, but like all bets, nothing is certain. Thats why its bets :)

Betting to not release ports of old games, that at this point can run on a smartphone from 2 (maybe even 4) years ago, on major gaming platforms where many of those games originally found success seems like a bad bet any way you slice it. What is the logic in betting against releasing classic nintendo games on the most current nintendo platform, where fans of those games likely reside, especially when there's almost no way such a port could result in any loses? This is just a case of it's not going to make us 100 million or more it's not worth doing? Then why are they releasing them at all to being with? I don't get it.

Oregano

Third party publishers were late on PS4 and XBO too.

Not that late. We're talking about publishers only starting development on Switch games after the system has been released for several months. You can't even claim that was the case with PS4/XBO. Especially keeping in mind it's referring to games with two year development cycles so this is the smaller scale stuff, not big projects.

cw_sasuke

One thing i will say though is that Nintendo made the right choice in focusing their efforts on working with nVidia, Epic and Unity to get the middleware solutions ready at launch...as well as the work with western developers in general - it might not be relevant for this thread but getting Doom, Minecraft, Skyrim, NBA 2K, Rocket League etc. ready for this Holiday season is much more important than hoping for a company like Capcom to come around and deliver a game like MH in time.

Capcom was likely one of the first partners to get a Switch dev kit, even being able to recommend some changes to improve the performance of the RE Engine on the system...yet this is what they delivered so far.

If Capcom knows whats good for them they will likely have to come back to the Switch and Nintendo again for that portable money....but they probably wont get the royal treatment again like they did on the 3DS where they were on board from Day 1 and essential to its success.

Top Bottom