• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 43, 2011 (Oct 24 - Oct 30)

The big surprises for me are Uncharted and Battlefield. I didn't expect both to break 100k.

I wonder if the PS3 will have gotten a bump out of this.

Erethian

duckroll said:
I was referring to quality games in genres which appealed to the Japanese masses. I don't mean western games dropped in quality at all, just that the marriage of appeal + quality was not something that western developers tapped into much with the Japanese market after Crash Bandicoot.

Haven't they been stepping up on localisation recently, as well?

I remember hearing that about Call of Duty, especially.

Truth101

Banned
Souldriver said:
The big surprises for me are Uncharted and Battlefield. I didn't expect both to break 100k.

I wonder if the PS3 will have gotten a bump out of this.

Most people in Japan who would buy them probably are fans of the series and already have a PS3. Though, I've never paid too much attention to how western games affects system sales.

Enosh

02./00. [PS3] Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception # <ADV> (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2011.11.02} (¥5.980) - 125.000 / NEW
03./00. [PS3] Battlefield 3 <ACT> (Electronic Arts) {2011.11.02} (¥7.665) - 123.000 / NEW
shooters taking over Japan

:p

KingDizzi said:
99% sure Black Ops PS3 alone was higher than UC3 so..........yeah

Don't get shitty son. Just checked and you are right. Outdid it on PS3 by 3,000.

Still, mighty impressive. Shooters seem to be doing much better in Japan these days. Nice little market growing there.

Michan

Chris, do you have LTD figures for Galaxy and Galaxy 2? Garaph is tracking up to 2010.12 for Galaxy and 2011.06 for Galaxy 2. Thanks.

beril

Galvanise_ said:
Anyone got the first week sales for Drakes Fortune and Among Thieves to hand. Would be nice to see how sales have grown etc.

Drake' Fortune 16,914 / 38,242
Drake's Fortune (BEST) 4,239 / 51,587
Among Thieves 55,063 / 104,338
Among Thieves (BEST) 5,433 / 5,433

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So, we got a Media Create leak, and a big one, before the official time comes.
Are we back to the older times, in a certain way? O_O

weeaboo said:
so... 3D Land good? bad? weak? :\

Very good. Best opening for a 3D Mario game ever (and especially amazing when you consider that the 3DS userbase is still very small)

I guess the Kirby number was just a typo sadly. Still, decent numbers though.

Seeing Uncharted 3 sell more in Japan than in the UK is a real eye opener. Feels like the end of an era and the start of a new one IMO (BTW that factoid should totally be in the title for the official thread for this week's Media Create sales!)

Truth101

Banned
Mpl90 said:
So, we got a Media Create leak, and a big one, before the official time comes.
Are we back to the older times, in a certain way? O_O

Doesn't Media Create usually come out in about an hour anyways?

saichi

BladeoftheImmortal said:
I wonder what this means for Uncharted Vita now...could be the highest launch title outside of HSG6

I think that was everyone's expectation even before UC3 was released

Jonnyram said:
Guess this is why shipments of MH3G were scaled down.
There's no way it would outsell Mario in its first week, right?
Monster Hunter 3 had a bigger first week than either Galaxy. And the bigger NSMB games had a slower slope up to 4+ million than MHP3rd.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
PACMAN IS BACK

005.gif

3DS 145,271
PSP 27,952
PS3 26,966
Wii 11,725
DSi LL 2,041
Xbox 360 1,699
PS2 1,457
DSi 1,057
DS Lite 33

http://www.4gamer.net/games/117/G011794/20111108015/

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
So Sony got Harrison Ford, but what did EA do? I'm surprised Battlefield is so close to Uncharted even with a higher price.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Erethian said:
Yeah. Not by much, though.
Actually those numbers are basically the same across the two platforms when comparing BO, U3 and BF3 - kinda like there's the same 150k people buying the games every year :p
Will be interesting to see if MW3 will repeat the number too.

Uncharted seems to be getting quite a push across Asia though - I've not seen a game launch this stocked in Singapore since I've been here (especially including hw bundles).

Jokeropia

airmangataosenai said:
Dude, give it up. They shipped 1 million units at launch, of course it sold through 1 million units.
It sold through almost 1.1 million actually, so there was at least one second shipment. In addition to ~800k in the west, well above Capcom's initial expectations.

Top Bottom