• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 47, 2016 (Nov 21 - Nov 27)

Rowlet

Banned
I never said anything about FF becoming exclusive to Nintendo. That wouldn't work and it would sell even less than it's selling right now.

I'm talking about spreading the FF gospel to other platforms, because right now it's all focused on PS. Is it that hard to agree with? It's not an outrageous opinion.

Numbers don't lie.

Yes it is. The Wii U was a flat out disaster and Square was lucky to dodge that bullet and XIII wouldn't have been possible on the Wii. There is absolutely no way Final Fantasy's decline is linked to squares focus on playstation. Instead why not state the obvious - which is the disinterest with which japan feels towards traditional gaming platforms. Also, by your logic. Yokai 3 should have been on the ps vita given its huge decline and the fact that level 5 completely ignored another platform? Can't have it both ways mate.

I never said anything about FF becoming exclusive to Nintendo. That wouldn't work and it would sell even less than it's selling right now.

I'm talking about spreading the FF gospel to other platforms, because right now it's all focused on PS. Is it that hard to agree with? It's not an outrageous opinion.

Numbers don't lie.
Hey Sammy? How open are you to the idea of every third party Nintendo exclusive releasing on PS and PC?

Lets start a petition for Yokai Watch, Ace Attorney, Monster Hunter, SMT and more to be released on multiple platforms.

You in?

Principate

Saint Titanfall
And what game(s) next to it? Ni no Kuni 2? Nier Bombamata? Shin Megami Tensei V: on 3DS again!! edition? Xenowhatever 2019?
You shut your mouth! Such slurs against quality platinum game that still have a chance not to bomb will not be tolerated!!

Kyoufu

Numbers don't lie.

Did you know that Final Fantasy spread its gospel to other viable platforms since 2010?

Sammy I dont think your winning this conversation. RPG are a tough sale on wii u as is I mean XCX while having a better first week then XC only sold 130k. FFXV has to do a lot more on wii u for that to happen and produce profit. Also wii u cant support the engine as is so there is that.

wrowa

Numbers don't lie.

Which FF should have been on a Nintendo platform? FFXV, FFXIV, FFXIII - none of these games would have been possible at the time on Wii U, Wii, DS or 3DS.

L~A

Media Create:

PS4 110,318
New3DS LL 53,414
Vita 20,141
2DS 17,623
PS4 Pro 8,032
New3DS 7,432
Wii U 4,718
PS3 704
3DS 368
Xbox One 256
3DS LL 92

FFXV: 694k (all versions)
Super Mario Maker 3DS: 162k

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Sammy I dont think your winning this conversation. RPG are a tough sale on wii u as is I mean XCX while having a better first week then XC only sold 130k. FFXV has to do a lot more on wii u for that to happen and produce profit. Also wii u cant support the engine as is so there is that.
TBF RPG's sell great on Nintendo handhelds as do SE's that's why DQ was moved their in the first place and Bravely did quite well considering it's circumstances.

TBF RPG's sell great on Nintendo handhelds as do SE's that's why DQ was moved their in the first place and Bravely did quite well considering it's circumstances.
I know they do Im talking FFXV how that would be peobably viable for wii u at all due to costs for engine porting and just how hard it is to sell a rpg on wii u.

sanstesy

Bravely default is the prime example. Mentioned in the last thread but a new RPG IP sold more than 1 million copies worldwide and then got completely shafted by SE.

It's just incompetence by them and they have no one to blame but themselves in that regard.

Top Bottom