• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 49, 2013 (Dec 02 - Dec 08)

Lexxism

ahahahaha
JwE7wnm.png

I'm curious with your first week sales of this game.

AmanoBuff

Nah. 3DS will easily be the top selling platform this month. I do think Wii U might be a clear number 2, which I don't think too many people predicted.

I think it will depend on how many Vitas the release of FFX/X-2 moves on the last week of December.

Also, glad to see the superior version of GE2 tracking steadily above the PSP one.

Let me be happy for this split moment.

That FFX Vita for the time being is outselling the PS3 version.

Yep, but the PS3 version does not have a discount on Amazon. Still, it was pretty close when both were offered at the same price.

cafemomo

I think it will depend on how many Vitas the release of FFX/X-2 moves on the last week of December.

Also, glad to see the superior version of GE2 tracking steadily above the PSP one.

You'd hope the Vita version would be selling more than the PSP one.

As for FFX helping the Vita sell more, if it weren't for that P&D coming along, it would of had a chance. But we'll see how it goes. I have hope. P&D could end up being the blunder of the century and everyone will somehow flock to the Vita.

Dalthien

And then in January it falls back to behind again and never again crosses PS3 line.
Quite possible, but definitely not certain. People are quick to forget just how awful PS3 sales were for the first 2.5 years. The PS3 actually sold a good deal worse in 2008 (the WiiU's 2014) than it did in 2007. It sold less than 1M for all of 2008.

To be fair, the WiiU has done a terrific job of matching (and even exceeding) the PS3 is terms of pure shitosity when it comes to sales, but if Nintendo can manage even a fairly moderate uptick in the baseline (still a big if) with stuff like Mario Kart/Smash Bros (if it even makes it out in 2014 - ha ha)., potential price drop, possible new SKU (maybe even sans U pad) - then PS3's 2008 isn't out of reach for the WiiU in 2014 by any stretch. The PS3 had a really awful 2008.

Quite possible, but definitely not certain. People are quick to forget just how awful PS3 sales were for the first 2.5 years. The PS3 actually sold a good deal worse in 2008 (the WiiU's 2014) than it did in 2007. It sold less than 1M for all of 2008.

To be fair, the WiiU has done a terrific job of matching (and even exceeding) the PS3 is terms of pure shitosity when it comes to sales, but if Nintendo can manage even a fairly moderate uptick in the baseline (still a big if) with stuff like Mario Kart/Smash Bros (if it even makes it out in 2014 - ha ha)., potential price drop, possible new SKU (maybe even sans U pad) - then PS3's 2008 isn't out of reach for the WiiU in 2014 by any stretch. The PS3 had a really awful 2008.

and then in 2015 its officially over
that's interesting though, the PS3 started off that terribly in Japan?
(at least it gave us the "PS3 has no games" meme, good times)

As for FFX helping the Vita sell more, if it weren't for that P&D coming along, it would of had a chance. But we'll see how it goes. I have hope. P&D could end up being the blunder of the century and everyone will somehow flock to the Vita.

I also hope mobile gaming spontaneously collapses in the west and revitalizes the 3DS
we all have our dreams x(

AmanoBuff

Just to be clear, I meant the Vita selling enough to be the 2nd best selling console during the holidays. Nothing will even come close to the 3DS in the same period. But the Wii U did quite well last holiday and now has even more strong games. On the other hand, Vita will have its first holiday with a strong release iirc.

But thinking about it and considering past Wii U sales, I think Wii U has a much better chance of being the second best selling console, if only for the Nintendo holiday bump.

How many Vitas are you expecting? More than 100k?

Lol no. I expect around 35k - 50k Vitas sold during that week. Perhaps a bit more considering the FF bundle but that's it.

cafemomo

I also hope mobile gaming spontaneously collapses in the west and revitalizes the 3DS
we all have our dreams x(

We both share the same dream. It's a damn shame that even a Nintendo handheld is struggling in the west.

One day there will be a dedicated gaming handheld resurgence in the west. And that day it will be glorious. And I think only Nintendo can somehow do that.

3ds, about to bumb dramatically

this guy

honest question, what did i say was wrong? 3DS just got a big game release and is probably going to have good sales this week, im kinda confused here :/

Steel

Banned
honest question, what did i say was wrong? 3DS just got a big game release and is probably going to have good sales this week, im kinda confused here :/

Either you're trying to say you were being sarcastic or you are under the impression the bombing is a good thing.

cafemomo

i totally meant bump, just spelled it wrong. :/

Oh ok, and to expand on your 2DS comment, I do see it being released next year.

Which would be great for me. As seeing Nintendo won't get rid of region lock anytime soon, a Japanese 2DS would be perfect for me since it would be cheap and I can catch up on all the games that will never be localized.

casiopao

To Chris and Aqua there.

What do u think of God Eater sales there? As I see the number is keep falling even when we enter holiday here?

Is it the problem of the hardware? Like Wii U problem? Or is it because the game is not liked enough?

SS

ßig

Unconfirmed Member
Mario & Sonic has just re-entered the Amazon Top 100 for the first time.

Outside -> #98 during launch day -> Outside -> #98 earlier today -> #95 now

Anth0ny

Oh ok, and to expand on your 2DS comment, I do see it being released next year.

Which would be great for me. As seeing Nintendo won't get rid of region lock anytime soon, a Japanese 2DS would be perfect for me since it would be cheap and I can catch up on all the games that will never be localized.

Yup, totally waiting on a Japanese 2DS to play import games on.

Will probably still end up costing me $200 with import fees and taxes :lol

To Chris and Aqua there.

What do u think of God Eater sales there? As I see the number is keep falling even when we enter holiday here?

Is it the problem of the hardware? Like Wii U problem? Or is it because the game is not liked enough?

Uh....hasn't is already sold 500k. Probably 550k with digital. Namco recently said that they have shipped 600k. It could definitely become the best selling God Eater game.

The Wii U actually seems poised to have a good holiday in Japan unlike in the rest of the world.

200k+ throughout December is what I would call a decent to sub par holiday. PS3 managed 183k on its second holiday for instance.

35k at most

This is quite possibly the most insane prediction I've ever seen on this board. Last year at this point in time the Vita only sold 10k and this year it's at 28-29k depending on the tracker, and on top of that you're predicting that not only will it only go up 6-7k units at the height of the holiday season, but also with a Limited Edition Final Fantasy model launching as well.

Takao

Banned
This is quite possibly the most insane prediction I've ever seen on this board. Last year at this point in time the Vita only sold 10k and this year it's at 28-29k depending on the tracker, and on top of that you're predicting that not only will it only go up 6-7k units at the height of the holiday season, but also with a Limited Edition Final Fantasy model launching as well.

To be fair, that FFX Vita might just be the ugliest Vita has ever been:

i9vK7fUm.jpg

Takao

Banned
Source for this?

The second 3DS game, Cardfight!! Vanguard Lock-On Victory!!, will go on sale next summer. It will tell a new story based on Cardfight!! Vanguard: Link Joker Hen with new cards. The player can choose to be a student from one of three different high schools, and the wireless battle mode has been greatly expanded. Even if the connection drops, the game's AI will continue the battle. The game supports a wireless link-up method similar to Nintendogs.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ets-live-action/anime-film-and-4th-anime-show

Shengar

Wait, am I insane beause it's too high or too low with my prediction?

What's GAF consensus around the Dragon 3DS game's launch week ?

400'000 ?
500'000 ?

From most posts so far, isn't it more than that? I predict around 700k-800k if I intepreted it right.

DrWong

The Wii U actually seems poised to have a good holiday in Japan unlike in the rest of the world.

Outside of UK, I don't think we can already say it's not going to have a good holiday in others countries. I think it could do ok numbers in France and Germany, and something decent (I mean relatively decent) in the US.

Actually I didn't remember that PS3 had such an awful second year. Still after Smash bros and Mario kart are released I just don't see how NIntendo can push hardware sales of WiiU for the remaining year. Maybe like you said that if it gest higher baseline from those releases it could still beat PS3 for the next year. Year after that there is no hope though. PS3 had decent increase in 2009.

Outside of UK, I don't think we can already say it's not going to have a good holiday in others countries. I think it could do ok numbers in France and Germany, and something decent (I mean relatively decent) in the US.
WiiU sold 220k in November in US. Those are Dreamcast like numbers. It will not have ''decent'' holiday in US.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius

You' ve done more crazy predictions than this.

You' ve done more crazy predictions than this.

Are you honestly still talking about Miku after all this time? Again: my suggestion that it could have the best opening of the series wasn't just retail, but taking into account the popularity of the bundle (I don't know if that is counted in it's totals on MC), and the expansion of the digital market from PSP to Vita which has significantly boosted certain games.

If it's about Monster Hunter then that game is tracking behind it's predecessor by over 1.2 million units at retail. It's obviously closer when you add in digital, but apparently you like to be selective about when that counts.

Everyone gets stuff wrong sometimes of course but my track record is actually pretty good on predictions.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
Are you honestly still talking about Miku after all this time? Again: my suggestion that it could have the best opening of the series wasn't just retail, but taking into account the popularity of the bundle (I don't know if that is counted in it's totals on MC), and the expansion of the digital market from PSP to Vita which has significantly boosted certain games.

If it's about Monster Hunter then that game is tracking behind it's predecessor by over 1.2 million units at retail. It's obviously closer when you add in digital, but apparently you like to be selective about when that counts.

Everyone gets stuff wrong sometimes of course but my track record is actually pretty good on predictions.

Don't make me search for every bit of what you' ve said. Some of your last predictions I see are these:

MH4 will underperform massivelly
Lighting Returns goes for a 300k first day
WII U will have a 100k December

But you have a good track record.

Yeah but some don't like to admit it :p You constantly harped on about MH4 underperforming and how much of a mistake it was to be on 3DS for example. You were way off the mark there, it's okay to admit it.

Relative to it's predecessor it has underperformed. Again it's closer with the digital sales but at minimum it's tracking what? 700k behind 3rd? That's a pretty large amount.

And yes my predictions are good. I came in second out of over 130 people in last month's NPD.

The point is that any time I enter this thread he'e on my ass about it. For instance with Lightning Returns it probably did what? 220-250k first day depending on the tracker (I was basing it off the provided percentages and how the previous game sold under the assumption they wouldn't ship day one less than they sold week 1 for the previous game)? I wasn't right but it isn't as if I was off by a ridiculous amount either. If my worst predictions are around 35% off the mark then that's actually pretty good.

Top Bottom