• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 5, 2014 (Jan 27 - Feb 02)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
At this point Nintendo seems done with Dragon Quest, so I'm not even going to get excited that one of the series does well.

Obviously, this means DQVII will be announced in the next Direct.

Seriously, I don't know if they're seriously done. Remember: they'll help bringing titles with sales potential here in the West, and if they helped in bringing titles like Bravely Default and Disney Magical Castle...

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
should have mentioned world wide, my bad but yeah, they would have made more money off of a full fledge 60$ console release imo.

So even if it did as well on PS3/PSV as the full-scale remake of DQ7 did on the more popular 3DS, for it to be a multi-million-seller, it'd need to sell at least about a million in the west, too, provided it released in the west at all. How did the original DQ8 (where the tech wasn't outdated for years already) on (the much more popular) PS2 do in the west?

Maybe a 3DS version selling for full-price would have been the more clever idea (not making it a multi-million seller obviously though)?

Obviously, this means DQVII will be announced in the next Direct.

Seriously, I don't know if they're seriously done. Remember: they'll help bringing titles with sales potential here in the West, and if they helped in bringing titles like Bravely Default and Disney Magical Castle...

And it's pretty obvious that with the complete lack of localization recently they have decided that they don't have sales potential. I mean it wouldn't surprise me if the next mainline game was released in the west, but outside of that it seems dead.

Mpl90

And it's pretty obvious that with the complete lack of localization recently they have decided that they don't have sales potential. I mean it wouldn't surprise me if the next mainline game was released in the west, but outside of that it seems dead.

For titles like Monsters, I'd say they are not coming here anymore, but I still expect DQVII to come over here, outside of the next main. It's never been released in Europe, the territory where DQ seemingly sell the best in the West (thank you, France!).

I don't know about the new Monsters games, but Joker was such a bad game, ew.

I'd rather have Rocket Slime 3 than Monsters.

Err, I loved Joker! Joker 2 is even better. Both games were visual marvels on the 3DS, too. Shame we never got the Professional version of Joker 2.

Puyo Tetris underperformed on pretty much every platform
That's really not true.

First Week:

NDS : Puyo Puyo 7 - 51,374
NDS : Puyo Puyo! 15th Anniversary - 48,849
3DS : Puyo Tetris - 42,096 (the other versions were never a factor)
NDS : Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary - 37,590
NDS : Puyo Puyo Fever - 20,098

LTD:

3DS : Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary [Special Price] - 59,275
3DS : Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary - 61,108

Mpl90

Sorry, wrong thread. This goes in the most recent one :lol

Top Bottom