• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 6, 2016 (Feb 08 - Feb 14)

let's say SFV ends up being a sales failure worldwide.

who here has more to lose? Capcom or Sony?

it seems to me like the only reason SFV exists is because Sony decided to put money on it so I assume costs on capcom's side have been covered a while ago. It would somewhat hurt the company's morale but I don't think capcom can be as upset if little or no money is lost.

or am I missing something here? and yeah, this is bayonetta 2 again, saleswise

I doubt it only exists because of Sony. Sf4 was good for them but they can't keep selling it forever. It makes sense that they'd want a new version on new platforms. There's a good chance that it'll have a decent tail once more content hits and prices drop.

The Comg stuff is irrelevant. The original claim was that it preorders being low is just a stupid excuse because "not many people preorder today anymore" or whatever. That's a stupid claim to make because when they say preorders are too low, they don't mean that they have a preorder expectation, rather that because preorders still serve as a major factor in retail shipments being agreed on, the demand is not high enough for them to make an initial shipment they're happy with, so they're delaying the release to market the game more.

Unless you really think that companies and retailers are stupid, the fact that preorders have gone down over the years (if this is even true) is unimportant because such trends would already be taken into account by retailers who are the ones making the orders that determine how much the publisher can ship into the retail channel.

Hey dude i dont give a shit about who you are but you should learn some education cause you just stated that i am stupid and ignorant

can you stop this shit right now? I didnt insult anyone, i just expressed my opinion and I got insulted, my opinion has been clained as stupid

is this normal? is this your way to have a discussion? anyone here posts their opinions and impressions, if you are a step above all of us due to your work or whatever else, good for you, but this doesn't allow you to insult other opinions, ok?

Tizoc

I doubt it only exists because of Sony. Sf4 was good for them but they can't keep selling it forever. It makes sense that they'd want a new version on new platforms. There's a good chance that it'll have a decent tail once more content hits and prices drop.
Evo would help in sales especially if sony dn steam discount come summer

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Evo would help in sales especially if sony dn steam discount come summer

Thing is I don't think people not interested in the tournament scene (e.g the people that probably haven't bought SF V). WIll be interested after Evo rolls around. A bad reputation is hard to shake with low sales.

casiopao

it seems to me like the only reason SFV exists is because Sony decided to put money on it so I assume costs on capcom's side have been covered a while ago. It would somewhat hurt the company's morale but I don't think capcom can be as upset if little or no money is lost.

Capcom i believe. It is just like how Rise of Tomb Raider exclusive to the One is bad move by S-E here.

For Bayo 2, it is simply funding problem so i don't think anyone other than Nintendo would probably feel bad for that bad investment.

Capcom i believe. It is just like how Rise of Tomb Raider exclusive to the One is bad move by S-E here.

For Bayo 2, it is simply funding problem so i don't think anyone other than Nintendo would probably feel bad for that bad investment.

You're saying that SF V is getting bad sales thanks to being a PS4 only title?

I think it was just mismanagement. The potential was there for more. Lack of marketing, lack of content, etc... just no. If this is supposed to be a single version that they want to support over the years, they should have really promoted the game. I guess they were looking at the lack of content as a minor thing since they have plans to fix that over the year but still.

mao2

Capcom didn't want to fund Street Fighter V, so SCE stepped in. If Street Fighter V bombs, I guess Capcom made the right decision.

I think it was just mismanagement. The potential was there for more. Lack of marketing, lack of content, etc... just no. If this is supposed to be a single version that they want to support over the years, they should have really promoted the game. I guess they were looking at the lack of content as a minor thing since they have plans to fix that over the year but still.

I agree, word of mouth hurted the game pretty badly. I just asked that because he compared with Rise of the Tomb Raider situation and I don't think this is the case.

SparkTR

Capcom definitely. I'm sure they have their own money wrapped up in it, but more importantly it will become yet another franchise that Capcom won't be able to rely on in the future due to that lack of interest, much like Castlevania. Capcom aren't generating new franchises to rely on these days.

HGH

Banned
To the surprise of no one, Atlus survey lists Etrian Odyssey V on Nintendo 3DS. Looks like someone jumped the gun here.

I could see it released in September, if it's announced in March (they did say in January there would be more details "when the weather warms up").

I think Atlus mentioned around the time SMT4F was announced that they don't want to make early announcements anymore and keep marketing cycles shorter. Or so I recall.
Project Setsuna sold 33,629 + 27,994 = 61,623. Not bad for a budget title I think.
Someone's gonna start complaining how it's "the most important game in the world" again now aren't they?

casiopao

Yes and No. With Capcom collaborating with Sony and the way Sony had been giving so much focus on hardcore gamer, i feel that Capcom also ended up being pulled into focusing much more on FGC more vs more casual market which we over here know how that panned out.

Of course in the end the biggest problem would be Capcom themselves focusing too much on FGC market which is why we see this bad sales.(In Japan though, i feel it is all about Fighting game death in Japan rather than any of those decision lol.)

Project Setsuna sold 33,629 + 27,994 = 61,623. Not bad for a budget title I think. And RIP Street Fighter V.

Yup. Project Setsuna really outperform my expectation here.^_^ RIP SFV indeed.

Top Bottom