• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 8, 2013 (Feb 18 - Feb 24)

Artemisia

Banned
When I began writing this letter, I had the notion that I would write about something positive and optimistic instead of going on about how vilipensive Vita is. Unfortunately, I couldn't think of anything particularly positive to write about. So, instead, I'll just tell you that Vita is a myth-generating machine. Let's start with my claim that this is a lesson for those with eyes to see. It is a lesson not so much about Vita's twisted behavior but about the way that if they could speak, the birds, snakes, and other creatures who are our Earth brothers and Earth sisters would really say that Vita's camorra has found a rallying cry for its upcoming battle against our most treasured liberties. That rallying cry is, "Things have never been better!" It's quotes like that that make me realize that Vita secretly has been scheming to adopt approaches that have not been tested to try to solve problems that have not been well defined. This is exactly the sort of scandal that most people understand and appreciate. It's what opens people's eyes to the reality that Vita is not a responsible citizen. Responsible citizens evaluate the tactics he has used against me. Responsible citizens indisputably do not lock people up for reading the "wrong" classes of books or listening to the "wrong" kinds of music. In summary, I am growing weary—and wary—of Vita's squalid communiqués.

iMHi3ez0JSvOC.gif

Why not just make an deluxe release with some new content and fix all the bugs? Hell Konami released Frontier Gate Plus on PSP.

I think it'd really work for Konami, indirectly advertising it as the fixed version. How they let the game go so broken I'll never know.

What were the bugs, at least the worst ones?

I don't know if you have an idea of how many bugs the game had. They did some patches and the like, I think they also released a completely bug-free version on the eShop but the userbase knows how untrusty is the development team.

Anyway I'm not expecting Konami to completely give up on the IP. It was its most successful IP in Japan last generation, in particular with all merchandising.

Did they really pull the game from the market? I know they did an update patch.

http://www.gamingexaminer.com/love-...ve-plus-sales-due-to-bugs/13735/#.UTcBx1d-L4Y

BriBri

I don't know if you have an idea of how many bugs the game had. They did some patches and the like, I think they also released a completely bug-free version on the eShop but the userbase knows how untrusty is the development team.
Is there any information confirming the eShop release is bug-free? Whilst I suspect it is, I haven't heard anyone confirm this is the case. It never hit the eShop top 20 as far as I'm aware also (not that's a necessary indication as the January digital Fire Emblem Awakening release I don't believe charted).

Anyways, looking forward to the most exciting Media Create since the holidays:)

Is there any information confirming the eShop release is bug-free? Whilst I suspect it is, I haven't heard anyone confirm this is the case. It never hit the eShop top 20 as far as I'm aware also (not that's a necessary indication as the January digital Fire Emblem Awakening release I don't believe charted).

Anyways, looking forward to the most exciting Media Create since the holidays:)

That's true, we don't have any confirmation. I just thought that, being released on the eShop 10 months after the retail release, it was a bug-free version.

Shikoro

When I began writing this letter, I had the notion that I would write about something positive and optimistic instead of going on about how vilipensive Vita is. Unfortunately, I couldn't think of anything particularly positive to write about. So, instead, I'll just tell you that Vita is a myth-generating machine. Let's start with my claim that this is a lesson for those with eyes to see. It is a lesson not so much about Vita's twisted behavior but about the way that if they could speak, the birds, snakes, and other creatures who are our Earth brothers and Earth sisters would really say that Vita's camorra has found a rallying cry for its upcoming battle against our most treasured liberties. That rallying cry is, "Things have never been better!" It's quotes like that that make me realize that Vita secretly has been scheming to adopt approaches that have not been tested to try to solve problems that have not been well defined. This is exactly the sort of scandal that most people understand and appreciate. It's what opens people's eyes to the reality that Vita is not a responsible citizen. Responsible citizens evaluate the tactics he has used against me. Responsible citizens indisputably do not lock people up for reading the "wrong" classes of books or listening to the "wrong" kinds of music. In summary, I am growing weary—and wary—of Vita's squalid communiqués.

iMHi3ez0JSvOC.gif

Both the textual and the graphical part are hilarious. XD What's the source of the gif? :D

Congratulations to Dr. Feel Good for winning both by units and percentage!

24 777,714 michaelius 24 74.7% michaelius

STATISTICS
Famitsu GAF AVERAGE MIN MAX OVER UNDER CLOSEST BY
[PS3] Metal Gear Rising 335,791 265,615 195,000 415,000 8% 92% 320,000 michaelius
[/CODE]

Oh lol i got MGS nearly perfectly but expecting DQ to outperform last remake on DS backfired really badly :D

Thread will be brutal if Wii U is even lower. As for Vita I am more interested in the coming months and how big the drop will be and where it stabilizes.

Nibel

Prediction: Wii U sales will be abysmal -> emergency investors conference -> Iwata announcing Shenmue 1+2 HD for Wii U

Prediction: Vitacoffinrevival.gif will be posted -> some passionate Vita owners will claim some insane shit -> next week

Prediction: Wii U sales will be abysmal -> emergency investors conference -> Iwata announcing Shenmue 1+2 HD for Wii U

Prediction: Vitacoffinrevival.gif will be posted -> some passionate Vita owners will claim some insane shit -> next week

Next week will be fine with SS and Tales imo, week after not so much.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
'Twas the night before Vita Christmas, when all through the thread,
Not a troll was to be found, declaring Vita "so dead"
Predictions and bar graphs were assembled with care
In hopes that grinning Kaz gifs soon would be there.

Zenaku

On the LovePlus front, the last I heard Nene's voice actor was taking a break from work, which likely put a damper on development of any re-release or sequel.

They did however announce a social game called "LovePlus Collection" a few days ago. The 3 girls are there, and a new 4th girl has been shown (yet to be named). Whether she'll be in a future 3DS LovePlus or not, I don't know, and there's no info on how LP Collection will play. She's pretty cute though, so I hope there's another game someday. I've got around 180 hours on NLP.

javac

'Twas the night before Vita Christmas, when all through the thread,
Not a troll was to be found, declaring Vita "so dead"
Predictions and bar graphs were assembled with care
In hopes that grinning Kaz gifs soon would be there.

The gaffers were nestled all snug in their threads,
While visions of vita gifs danced in their heads.
And Kaz in his ‘kerchief, with my 3DS in my lap,
Had just settled our brains for a long thread full of crap.

Top Bottom