• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media-Create: Sept 18-25

Last Hope

Link said:
No offense, but I'd rather wait a bit longer to see these and have everything actually translated along with LTD numbers.
Well at least the first post should be updated. I don't give a rat's ass about game sales, just hardware sales. However I never see the hardware sales because I am a lazy bastard and don't want to sift through the whole thread.

Start updating the first posts in these threads people.

NotWii

Banned
Last Hope said:
Well at least the first post should be updated. I don't give a rat's ass about game sales, just hardware sales. However I never see the hardware sales because I am a lazy bastard and don't want to sift through the whole thread.

I agree, I hate going to page 2-4 to find hardware sales.

ethelred

Symytry said:
I think Intelligent Systems is busy working on Fire Emblem for Wii.

That's no excuse.

Sacred Stones and Path of Radiance were developed simultaneously by two groups with Intelligent Systems' Fire Emblem team. Considering that Goddess of Dawn is built off the PoR engine and they aren't even upgrading it to take advantage of the features the wiimote can offer SRPGs (****ing shame on you, Int Sys, for carrying out what may well end up being my greatest disappointment in your work ever), there's no justification for not also having a FE DS in the works.

jimbo

Banned
Wii said:
I agree, I hate going to page 2-4 to find hardware sales.

You knowI have always wondered why that even happens. Is that just the way they come out? Or what the deal? Why the delay between software and hardware sales?

It baffles my mind why we don't have a DS FE yet... not only is the DS perfect for that sort of thing, but there were THREE on the GBA. And the DS is way more suitable for it than the GBA. Not only that, but there was only 1 on the Cube - IS has had, what, more than 3 years (since the DS was announced January 04) to announce a Fire Emblem DS? Meanwhile, Fire Emblem is one of the first games announced for the Wii...

So much for "Intelligent" Systems.

NeonZ

It baffles my mind why we don't have a DS FE yet... not only is the DS perfect for that sort of thing, but there were THREE on the GBA. And the DS is way more suitable for it than the GBA. Not only that, but there was only 1 on the Cube - IS has had, what, more than 3 years (since the DS was announced January 04) to announce a Fire Emblem DS? Meanwhile, Fire Emblem is one of the first games announced for the Wii...

So much for "Intelligent" Systems.

IS is working in Super Paper Mario too, and they probably don't want to use the old Fire Emblem 6 engine yet again.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
I don't know why people are amazed that FF3 is having its legs. Or why they would say it's cause of the DS. I would imagine if the PS2 FF games were launched with only 500k copies, and then shipped only about 50k more each following week, they'd have the same legs.

ethelred

NeonZ said:
IS is working in Super Paper Mario too, and they probably don't want to use the old Fire Emblem 6 engine yet again.

Paper Mario is being worked on by an entirely different team. There are three teams within the company -- AW, PM, and FE. The people who do Fire Emblems aren't working on Super Paper Mario.

Even if they don't want to reuse the FE6 engine, it's still taking far too long for Fire Emblem DS to be announced.

ethelred said:
Paper Mario is being worked on by an entirely different team. There are three teams within the company -- AW, PM, and FE. The people who do Fire Emblems aren't working on Super Paper Mario.

Even if they don't want to reuse the FE6 engine, it's still taking far too long for Fire Emblem DS to be announced.

Nintendo doesn't annonce all they're doing. They say always only something and they keep the rest as "Top Secret".

donny2112

AniHawk said:
Today is going to be THE high point of the DS's lifespan.

Agreed. I don't think we'll see > 500K consoles and 2 million software sold in one day (non-launch and non-New Year's) again in the DS's lifespan. This week will also obliterate last December's 597K week for the highest selling, non-launch week in Japanese history. :D

Last Hope said:

I had already planned to. ;) The threads used to have that all the time, but it's fallen out of practice the last few months.

jimbo said:
Why the delay between software and hardware sales?

Software comes out Wednesday night. Hardware comes out Thursday night.

GreenGlowingGoo said:
I don't know why people are amazed that FF3 is having its legs. Or why they would say it's cause of the DS. I would imagine if the PS2 FF games were launched with only 500k copies, and then shipped only about 50k more each following week, they'd have the same legs.

:lol

Finally! Somebody gets it! :)

Rock_Man said:
Poor Brain Training has been #11 for four consecutive weeks now.

:( We need it in the top ten to get an updated LTD on it. :)

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
medrew said:
11 Brain Training DS
12 Chaos Wars PS2
13 Mario Basketball 3 on 3 DS
16 Tamagotchi Corner Shop 2 DS
19 God Hand PS2
20 Tetris DS
23 Tales of Phantasia Full Voice Edition PSP
28 Rune Factory: Harvest Moon DS
30 Valhalla Knights PSP
Anyone here able to tell approx LTD of this titles please?

Come on, anyone? I guess I should wait for ioi xD

(while you're at it, tamagotchi vs tamagotchi 2 please ioi :) )

Galactic Fork

Kurosaki Ichigo said:

Not sure the exact numbers, but 2 is really not keeping the legs of the first one. On the week ending september 3rd, it was at 458,474, and it's sold between 15 to 20 k a week since, so it's probably around 500k... still less than half of Tamagotchi 1. It'll be lucky to reach 600k in its lifetime. Not nearly as successful as the one before it, though I imagine it would have reached a million if it was released closer to xmas.

GreenGlowingGoo said:
Not sure the exact numbers, but 2 is really not keeping the legs of the first one. On the week ending september 3rd, it was at 458,474, and it's sold between 15 to 20 k a week since, so it's probably around 500k... still less than half of Tamagotchi 1. It'll be lucky to reach 600k in its lifetime. Not nearly as successful as the one before it, though I imagine it would have reached a million if it was released closer to xmas.
The problem with Tama 2 is that they released it 9 months after the first game. I don't think it'll hit 1 mil like Tama 1, but I think it has enough legs to stay in the top 50 through Christmas

Kurosaki Ichigo said:

Using ioi's own figures (and we've heard the arguments for and against God knows how many times, so there's no need to rehearse them again here - take 'em for what you think they're worth, but don't spend the rest of the thread bitching about them) these are the LTDs up to 16 September:

11 Brain Training DS -- 2,997,750
12 Chaos Wars PS2 -- Unknown
13 Mario Basketball 3 on 3 DS -- 321,250
16 Tamagotchi Corner Shop 2 DS -- 501,250
19 God Hand PS2 -- 48,250
20 Tetris DS -- 906,250
23 Tales of Phantasia Full Voice Edition PSP -- 77,500
28 Rune Factory: Harvest Moon DS -- 71,250
30 Valhalla Knights PSP -- 44,500

Wait a minute...

I think I figured it out. Nintendo's DS production is at 2 million units a month right now right? Now we all think it would've been logical for Nintendo to shi a larger portion of that to Japan right? No. North America is getting a stockpile of Dses for its release of Pokemon. Nintendo knows its a massive system seller and wants it to claim that soon-to-be devastatingly changed market share.

According to Famitsu numbers, 2 weeks ago AC was still above Brain Training 2 (this means now BT2 is the top seller DS game in Japan), but probably in 3 weeks nSMB will get #1 position.

Also interesting to see FF3 sold most on his 3rd week (66.280 units) than the 2nd (52.747), and 66k i think is more than MC reported on their charts.
Now it will be interesting to see how Pokemon D/P will change FF3 weekly sales.

KINGMOKU

Okay, just to make sure on this, all the master sales guys check my work to make sure I'm correct on this;

The highest number of consoles sold in one week in Japans history is;

PS2-725,250

And the biggest non-launch week is;

DS-607,500.

If those totals are correct(Even if the math is off a little on both, they are still what they are, Highest ever total sales in a week, and highest ever sales in a non-launch week) then this weeks DS sales could beat out both of them.

I am guessing in excess of 800,000 units for the Pokebomb week.

future_pinoy said:
can't wait for the Chocobo Magic Picture Book to come out

I dig the Chocobo Chick !

that chocobo is very much grinding that chick's crotch

chocoboladygz3.jpg

pls. I need a favor to those who are able, pls. make an awesome GIF out of this.
Yes, I'm a horny bastard !

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Wow, guess Nintendo was right about Tingle being popular in Japan.

Wonder how he'll do here...

moku said:
Okay, just to make sure on this, all the master sales guys check my work to make sure I'm correct on this;

PS2-725,250

DS-607,500.

If those totals are correct(Even if the math is off a little on both, they are still what they are, Highest ever total sales in a week, and highest ever sales in a non-launch week) then this weeks DS sales could beat out both of them.

Im hoping the good old DS Light does 730,000.

And the fat DS comes in at 2,300. Maybe they found some when the wearhouse was emptied to ship pokemon?

mj1108

moku said:

PS2-725,250

DS-607,500.

For the DS number, are you using Media Create sales?? That 600k week ended up being 597k, IIRC.

AniHawk said:
But I don't know what else Nintendo can release at this point.

I know this is coming from AniHawk, but I've heard plenty of other people say this too. So let me respond in general:

Exactly how many completely original, out-of-nowhere hit products does Nintendo have to come up with for DS before you realize that they can't "run out"?

donny2112

cvxfreak said:
Interestingly it was 604K on Dengeki that week.

I thought we decided that Media-Create was the official GAF source for Japanese sales numbers
because we get them sooner

Kobun Heat said:
I know this is coming from AniHawk, but I've heard plenty of other people say this too. So let me respond in general:

Exactly how many completely original, out-of-nowhere hit products does Nintendo have to come up with for DS before you realize that they can't "run out"?

They won't/can't be as big as Pokemon's 1-day sales, though. They may sell more than Pokemon eventually, but for the DS, it's sales (software and hardware) are higher on this one day than it ever will be again for one day.

cvxfreak

donny2112 said:
I thought we decided that Media-Create was the official GAF source for Japanese sales numbers

Yeah, but the initial 600K figure came from Dengeki. ;)

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Kobun Heat said:
come up with for DS before you realize that they can't "run out"?

Remember when all we had to look forward too was mario kart and banking on oh so incredible 300k retailer preorders for jump superstars?
Yeah....

ethelred

donny2112 said:

They won't/can't be as big as Pokemon's 1-day sales, though. They may sell more than Pokemon eventually, but for the DS, it's sales (software and hardware) are higher on this one day than it ever will be again for one day.

Can't they be, though? It's worth wondering that, at this point. Certainly we've witnessed enough to doubt the iron-clad nature of your statement.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I liken the DS to DBZ. You think the power levels they mention are a big deal, but as the show goes on, they just keep getting larger and larger. Soon you look back and realize that the earlier numbers were nothing compared to the current ones.

Yeah...

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
Link said:
I liken the DS to DBZ. You think the power levels they mention are a big deal, but as the show goes on, they just keep getting larger and larger. Soon you look back and realize that the earlier numbers were nothing compared to the current ones.

Yeah...
Exactly

Galactic Fork

Link said:

Yeah...

So uhhh glowing bright yellow DS lite confirmed then?

Link said:

Yeah...

MiyamotoSSJ.jpg

AniHawk

Kobun Heat said:

I know. I'm just saying that this is most likely the highest point in the system's lifespan. I don't think the DS will be reaching PSP sales levels ANY time soon (maybe, maybe in oh... two years or so), but Pokemon DP had to be The Biggest Thing they could've done. Phenomenon + Phenomenon.

AniHawk said:
I know. I'm just saying that this is most likely the highest point in the system's lifespan. I don't think the DS will be reaching PSP sales levels ANY time soon (maybe, maybe in oh... two years or so), but Pokemon DP had to be The Biggest Thing they could've done. Phenomenon + Phenomenon.

I tried to see what you did there, but I failed.

Top Bottom