• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Software 08/08-/14/08 (Coming soon, Dengeki for now.)

jman2050

Juno said:
Code:
#  PLAT  TITLE       GENRE  PUB    RELEASE  PRICE  THIS WEEK
------------------------------------------------------------
4  GBA   Mushiking   RPG    Sega   23-Jun   5,040  36,309

it was 12,000 last week. Honestly, the release of a DS game suddenly spurs the need to buy a GBA SP? If that's the case... Nintendo not only owns Japan, it freaking sleeps with it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Juno said:
Code:
#  PLAT  TITLE       GENRE  PUB    RELEASE  PRICE  THIS WEEK
------------------------------------------------------------
4  GBA   Mushiking   RPG    Sega   23-Jun   5,040  36,309
Which puts its LTD at about 461K.

jman2050 said:
it was 12,000 last week. Honestly, the release of a DS game suddenly spurs the need to buy a GBA SP? If that's the case... Nintendo not only owns Japan, it freaking sleeps with it.
It was 25K last week.

Dalthien

Damn - the PSP has its best week since mid-May, and the DS beats it by more than four times.

And look at those GBA sales - with those factored in, Nintendo handhelds took more than 83% of the market this week!

And I believe the DS may have guaranteed itself the top spot for all gaming systems in Japan this year now. This week gives it a lead of 92,653 over the PS2 for 2005. The only way I could see the DS losing its lead to the PS2 would be if the GBA Micro seriously cuts into DS sales over the holidays. But with the tremendous success of Nintendogs, Brain Training Games, Jump SuperStars, and still-to-be-released holiday lineup for the DS, I don't see sales slowing too much over the holidays.

StephaneC

1 DS Jump Super Stars 220,912
2 PS2 Winning Eleven 9 102,048
3 DS Nintendo DS Logic Puzzle 46,873
4 GBA Mushiking : Battle of the Beetles 36,309
5 GC Pokemon XD 34,108
6 PS2 ???? dunno 33,361
7 DS probably brain training 30,518
8 PSP ??? dunno 28,460
9 PS2 Grandia III 27,378
10 PS2 3rd Super Robot Wars Alpha 26,567

Pimpwerx

Holy shitballs. The DS is starting to blow the doors off the PSP. Is there any game releases planned for the PSP, or is it dead in the water over in Japan? WTF is GT4 Mobile? PEACE.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Hopefully the new DS owners who bought it for JSS will be more receptive to traditional games -- it seems like the DS doesn't fare as well in sales for software that isn't as outside the box.

I'm interested to see how Castlevania does...

donny2112

StephaneC said:
1 DS Jump Super Stars 220,912 (new)
2 PS2 Winning Eleven 9 102,048 (676K)
3 DS Gentle Brain Training 46,873 (338K)
4 GBA Mushiking : Battle of the Beetles 36,309 (461K)
5 GC Pokemon XD 34,108 (107K)
6 PS2 Medal of Honor: European Assault 33,361 (new)
7 DS Brain Training for Adults 30,518 (~385K)
8 PSP Gundam 28,460 (new)
9 PS2 Grandia III 27,378 (149K)
10 PS2 3rd Super Robot Wars Alpha 26,567 (549K)

Fixed it a little. :)

Edit:
Added in some approximate LTD numbers.

jgkspsx

jman2050 said:
Nintendogs comes out in NA. We saw what it did for Japan. Will it do the same there? :)
I saw a twentysomething Hispanic couple trying it out at Best Buy this evening. She was very taken by it. It should be amusing, whatever happens.

cvxfreak

Wow, DS really exploded this week as predicted. Next week's sales should be in the 60K or 70K range, or maybe even higher if their pace keeps up reasonably.

jman2050

Culex said:
Holy sales spike!

This is the biggest one-week record since launch, no?

Literally speaking, I think it sold more than 100k for a few weeks after. If you're talking about launch period, then yeah.

I also think this si the first time it's broken 100k since last year.

Dalthien

Culex said:
Holy sales spike!

This is the biggest one-week record since launch, no?

Well, the DS was over 100,000 for each of its first six weeks, but this is the first time it has been in six figures since Jan 9/05. Although it came really close in April with the release of Nintendogs.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Dalthien said:
Well, the DS was over 100,000 for each of its first six weeks, but this is the first time it has been in six figures since Jan 9/05. Although it came really close in April with the release of Nintendogs.
Yep, the last time it even came close (96,191) was the week pink and blue was released (04/18-04/24).

Mrbob

YES! A PSP game in the top 10!

Baby steps.....

Oh and btw I was right about those numbers now that Jump Superstars is out. :)

Dalthien

John Harker said:
Pokemon XD, ouch?

Japan did not catch 'um all.

Well, it's at 137,188 now (Media-Create), and it is still doing well in the dailies. It should continue to sell fairly well right through Christmas, so I think it will probably do fairly well in the long run.

StephaneC said:
1 DS Jump Super Stars 220,912
2 PS2 Winning Eleven 9 102,048
3 DS Nintendo DS Logic Puzzle 46,873
4 GBA Mushiking : Battle of the Beetles 36,309
5 GC Pokemon XD 34,108
6 PS2 ???? dunno 33,361
7 DS probably brain training 30,518
8 PSP ??? dunno 28,460
9 PS2 Grandia III 27,378
10 PS2 3rd Super Robot Wars Alpha 26,567

what about the 320 pre-orders sold on first day. shouldn't it be 540,000 copies for jump super stars as a whole.

Mrbob

ThunderEmperor said:
what about the 320 pre-orders sold on first day. shouldn't it be 540,000 copies for jump super stars as a whole.

Those were retail preorders. :)

Don't worry, the other 100,00 will sell out in another week or two and retailers will order more copies if they haven't already.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Those are some pretty impressive Sales Figures, PSP in a Lull before the White one comes out? Then again the DS sales where still high before the red one came out.

(also I want to thank you guys I made one post on here the other day and I get 1390 on my small nintendo site thanks!)

heidern

Looks like Easter really boosted the hardware sales this week. The major systems all jumped and even the xbox breached the 200 unit barrier. Winning Eleven 9 didn't do so well, last year was 150K second week, only 100K this year. DS is doing really well, gonna be crazy when the GBM hits. One question, when is Slime Mori Mori 2 releasing?

For reference here's the remaining psp releases for Auguest including their Famitsu scores.

PlayStation Portable
Breath of Fire III (Capcom): 7, 7, 8, 7 - (29/40)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour (EA): 8, 5, 6, 6 - (25/40)
Twelve: Sengoku Fengshenden (Konami): 8, 7, 8, 6 - (29/40)

Link

The Autumn Wind
VOOK said:
Those are some pretty impressive Sales Figures, PSP in a Lull before the White one comes out?
Well, if you consider its highest numbers in months a lull, then sure.

mj1108

VOOK said:
Those are some pretty impressive Sales Figures, PSP in a Lull before the White one comes out?

That's the highest the PSP has been since...um...before the dogs hit.

Fuzzy said:
Yep, the last time it even came close (96,191) was the week pink and blue was released (04/18-04/24).

Same week Nintendogs released.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
heidern said:
Looks like Easter really boosted the hardware sales this week. The major systems all jumped and even the xbox breached the 200 unit barrier. Winning Eleven 9 didn't do so well, last year was 150K second week, only 100K this year. DS is doing really well, gonna be crazy when the GBM hits. One question, when is Slime Mori Mori 2 releasing?

For reference here's the remaining psp releases for Auguest including their Famitsu scores.

PlayStation Portable
Breath of Fire III (Capcom): 7, 7, 8, 7 - (29/40)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour (EA): 8, 5, 6, 6 - (25/40)
Twelve: Sengoku Fengshenden (Konami): 8, 7, 8, 6 - (29/40)

Easter?!

EASTER?!

GhaleonEB

As much as I mock the DS, it's a real tribute to Nintendo that they've made it such a success. Sony has to be frustrated as hell that a puppy simulator single-handedly handed Japan to the DS, while the PSP lags further and further behind.

All the PR stuff about new kinds of games on the DS sounded like BS to me, right up until Nintendogs blew the roof off the market.

Rock_Man

1(NEW) DS Jump Super Stars (Nintendo)
3(8) DS Yawaraka Atama Juku (Nintendo)
7(13) DS Nou wo Kitaeru Otona no DS Training (Nintendo)
8(NEW) PSP Mobile Suit Gundam: Giren no Yabou - Zeon no Keifu (Bandai)

15(10) DS Power Pocket Koushien (Konami)
20(14) PSP Taiko no Tatsujin Bataburu ( Namco)
23(26) DS Naturo RPG 2: Chidori vs Rasengan (Tomy)
25(33) DS Nintendogs: Shiba and Friends (Nintendo)

29(20) PSP Tenchu: Shinobi Taizen (From Software)
32(39) DS Nintendogs: Dachs and Friends (Nintendo)
34(43) DS Nintendogs: Chihuahua and Friends (Nintendo)

35(29) DS Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubadour (Konami)
36(48) DS Sawaru Made in Wario (Nintendo)
39(36) DS Rockman EXE 5 DS: Twin Leaders (Capcom)
40(OUT) DS Touch! Kirby (Nintendo)
43(27) DS Ouendan (Nintendo)
46(OUT) DS Super Mario 64 DS (Nintendo)
50(46) DS Full Metal Alchemist: Dual Symphony (Bandai)

Everything moving up is bolded.

5265.jpeg

Top Bottom