• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man Anniversary Collection (GC) IGN Review

BeOnEdge

Banned
gunsmoke, i could care less that you are emulating them. i do the same on my PC. i was just expressing the fact that there is no xbox version.

BeOnEdge

Banned
205696.jpg

all in all the clock is slow
6 pretty pictures in a row
and a marigold

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I have all the NES games. I have The Wiley Wars on Genesis. I have Mega Man 8. I also have a modded Xbox. Know what? I'm still buying this compilation. :p

And let me bitch: I KNOW it hit the GBA...and I know a separate collection is also coming for the GBA, but it would have rocked if Megaman & Bass and all five MM GB games were also included in this collection.

BeOnEdge

Banned
redone megaman with killer instinct style 2d graphics would have rocked my world. maybe megaman will look like that next gen.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
BeOnEdge said:
there is no xbox version. he's probably emulating genny and nintendo versions.
Yeah I know what he was doing. I was being sarcastic about how he was trying to be cool about it.

Lyte Edge

BeOnEdge said:
redone megaman with killer instinct style 2d graphics would have rocked my world. maybe megaman will look like that next gen.

No, NO shitty prerendered graphics for me, thanks. Cel-shading would work great, and does look good for both MM Network Transmission and Mega Man X7. But NT has issues (still fun though) and isn't a "true" MM game, and X7 flat-out sucked. We need a new original Mega Man game already.

Lyte Edge

type9 said:
How are Power Battles and Power Fighters? I never got to play those.

Fun for about 10 minutes combined. :) It's just boss battles...that's it; you can beat the games in about five minutes each.

8.5 Lasting Appeal
With ten complete games and a healthy amount of extras, there's definitely some time to be spent here. And spend time with it you will.

Just read the review. 10 games. And they're all challenging and replayable infinitely. And... lasting value is 8.5? What do they want? Multiplayer?

I've been wainting for something like this for a long time. I can't think of any single series better than Mega Man to receive all the games on one disc. Well, Castlevania. This definitely blows Sonic Mega Collection out the window.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I wasn't too psyched to get this after reading IGN's impressions a few weeks ago (but I was gonna buy it anyway since I already have every Megaman game ever released) but now it looks like it will be money well spent.

GC version for me please.

BeOnEdge

Banned
wow that mix IS pretty damn good IMO. the DG mix sounds better though for some reason. just seems more full of feeling while the west mix sounds more like a club mix.

IGN made no mention of the control, so I guess they must have fixed the swapping of A and B for the Gamecube version.

All the features they credited to Atomic Planet were in the PSX versions, but it is nice to see those all released together here for the price of a single game in Japan.

BeOnEdge

Banned
jenov4 said:
Have a look at Mario vs Donkey Kong with their 3D rendered sprites. I would agree.

thats because they are using 3d rendered sprites! skip the sprite and use the realtime 3d model and there'd be no problem.

"Make no two bones about it, Mega Man Anniversary Collection is one of the best anthology sets we've seen for any platform so far (even if it is a little light in the game count compared to other retro throwbacks like Intellivision Lives and Activision Anthology). "

Unlike Intellivision Lives, MM Collections seems more about quality over quantity.
Can't wait!

Future Trunks

lemme tell you something son, this guy is SO FARKING HUGE HE'LL FLEX AND DESTROY THE SUN no shit
Where's johntv's "OMGWTF" pic at the claim that the MM3 Magnet Man remix was the best ever?? ;)

I can think of at least 5 MM remixes better than that midi off the top of my head:

Electron - Bubbleman remix
AE - Airman remix
EvilHorde - Heatman remix
dvdad - Bubbleman remix (Rock Man who?)
AE - Metalman remix(MetalSteel remix) (best EVER!)
AE - Crashman remix (TestDummy)
AE - Flashman Flashfire remix
AE - WiththeQuickness (Quickman remix)
Charles Blachly's MM2 Intro remix

Whoa, that's more than 5....and that's just MM! I haven't even stepped into Punch-Out or something else...this is all in my opinion of course.

Speaking of which, my U.F.O. remixes of Punch-Out and Ninja Gaiden (stage 5-2 or something) got corrupted. Anyone know where you can find these nowadays? And Charles Blachly's MM remixes. And this other guy's remixes (X or something) that did a Chun-Li stage remix and Gravity Beetle MMX3 remix (NICE!), and Snake Man remix.

However, if you meant that remix was the best Magnet Man remix ever...then I can't say anything as I don't "do" Magnet Man remixes....

Future Trunks

lemme tell you something son, this guy is SO FARKING HUGE HE'LL FLEX AND DESTROY THE SUN no shit
Neutron Night said:
Hey, are you the Future Trunks that used to post at Nintendo Nation?

Yes, sir. (making an assumption here)

By the way, I forgot the ;) for the OMGWTF pic comment.

How come AE hasn't done anymore? The last time he posted a new mix, it was in late 2002. I always thought this remixes were some of the best I ever heard, and definitely the best Mega Man mixes ever. I was hoping that maybe we'd have a complete Mega Man 2 remix soundtrack from him by now.

Do you remember me, I was Dr. Light. I was the one embedding all those midis the kept crashing your browser, if I recall. Those were the days....

Future Trunks

OMG! You b*stard!!!

**leaps at Dr. Light and proceeds to choke**

Do...**gack**...realize how...much....that...**wheeze**...used to...**ukkt** p*ss me off?!?! (sound effects courtesy of Neutron Night)

I kid. ;)

Yeah, I remember you. How's it been? (Weren't you another name too? Like Harrigan Harri-something? Harkinian?)

Yeah, that was one of my names. I was also Hwang Sung Kyung and I pretended to be Japanese and I busted out my romanji. WAKARIMASEN!!! I remember you posted your pic, you were the huge linebacker...

Back on topic (my apologies)...

Talking to a Capcom guy at E3, and asking why MMAC was so delayed, got the following response: "Do you have any f---ing idea how retarded it is to debug eight games at once?"

And yes, it's all Hori all the way. Good for MMNT and Viewtiful Joe as well as the obvious (Soul Cal II).

ohamsie

drool, drool. This collection sounds too good to be true.

And just out of curiosity, wasn't Olimario banned awhile back because it was discovered he was using emulation or something? I think it was a little before Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga came out.

ohamsie said:
drool, drool. This collection sounds too good to be true.

And just out of curiosity, wasn't Olimario banned awhile back because it was discovered he was using emulation or something? I think it was a little before Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga came out.

is that right?! I don't see why/how that talk about the PS2 HDDloader is legitatate in that case; all that talk about Modchips/backup.

Back on topic.. I have nothing to say. Buy this game.

Future Trunks

Neutron Night said:
I remember you posted your pic, you were the huge linebacker...

I was a DT. :p

Back on topic: Yes! This game will be mine.....once Wario posts a deal that enables me to get it for $19.99 or less....

Now Capcom, give me an X collection and I'll have your Ken and Ryu babies.

Top Bottom