• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection comes to Nintendo Switch on April 14, 2023!

Sony trailer

Also there's nothing really here to make this modernized. I guess the GBA graphics are slightly cleaner, but the only real touch ups they did was some chips have "hi-res illustrations".

But it does seem like this is targeted to younger players who grew up with the series as the Mega Man in the add on Social Media people are freaking out saying it's the VA from the English anime so they probably won't mind. Especially since it has wireless international MP now.

Not sure what the point is for 'trading programs" is thought,

alf717

Most likely a typo but Amazon's listing says 11 games. :pie_diana:

n1vbARk.png

Last edited:
I wish I had a PSP(2022) then maybe I would play this again.

I dislike my switch. And I wouldn’t play this on my PS5. Eh.

I should check if its on the iOS.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I've never played any of the Battle Network games. I'll finally get my chance once it comes to Nintendo Switch.

I understand their strategy role playing games. What's the learning curve like? I'm not really good at strategy games.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
I've never played any of the Battle Network games. I'll finally get my chance once it comes to Nintendo Switch.

I understand their strategy role playing games. What's the learning curve like? I'm not really good at strategy games.
I've played only the first two.

They're more action oriented actually, but with emphasis in strategy.

In combat, movement is limited to that combat grid. You can move mega man one square at a time, but it happens really fast, almost no waiting between moves.
You can only move inside your colored grid. The same applies to your enemies.
The only action other than movement that you can use is your weak cannon attack (that can be charged for stronger attacks).

Other actions are performed using cards.
The cards give you limited special abilities like more powerful cannons, swords, each with a different range.
You can also use cards to capture the enemy's grid space, and so can they.

I don't really remember the specifics, but I think you can equip a limited numbers of cards each turn, and then you can pause the battle when that top bar is filled to equip more.
Something like that.

mega-man-battle-network-3-02.png

Also, Mayl best girl

tumblr_nd95biS6Vm1sqolu4o1_400.gifv

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I've played only the first two.

They're more action oriented actually, but with emphasis in strategy.

In combat, movement is limited to that combat grid. You can move mega man one square at a time, but it happens really fast, almost no waiting between moves.
You can only move inside your colored grid. The same applies to your enemies.
The only action other than movement that you can use is your weak cannon attack (that can be charged for stronger attacks).

Other actions are performed using cards.
The cards give you limited special abilities like more powerful cannons, swords, each with a different range.
You can also use cards to capture the enemy's grid space, and so can they.

I don't really remember the specifics, but I think you can equip a limited numbers of cards each turn, and then you can pause the battle when that top bar is filled to equip more.
Something like that.

mega-man-battle-network-3-02.png

Also, Mayl best girl

tumblr_nd95biS6Vm1sqolu4o1_400.gifv
It actually sounds kind of fun. I think the Space Force Mega Man games kind of look better though but I'm guessing there are very similar.

Top Bottom