• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 is coming to PS4, Xbox One, and PC this August!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

Azure J

Actually, let me not portbeg here haha. Still wondering why they did the collections in this way though. One big legacy Collection is a lot more enticing than two seperate collections.

Great, but I also want a Megaman X collection capcom, just do it

(And release all 3 of them on game pass while you are at it)

Marcel

Laughing at the thought of anyone expecting me to pay for Mega Man 8 again in any form. What a joke of an entry.

Persona7

Banned
He is right though .- wonder whats the reason for Capcom skipping Switch on these Collections. That tight of a development budget ? I mean Classic Mega Man titles are at home on Nintendo systems....seems weird to skip 3DS/Switch.

Anyone has a explanation ?

Are they really? What are sales like?

Why the heck isn't Mega Man & Bass in there? it IS part of the original Mega Man series...

That was my reaction as well. Game consistently gets overlooked.

Eh, I'll pass. These collections are pretty shallow considering we literally received collections with Mega Man 1-8 on GC/PS2 with update music, galleries and more.

Ah, platforms match the ratings board submission.

Lack of Switch versions for both this and the Disney Collection really show how Capcom Execs weren't sold on the system. Especially given how easy it would be to churn out a Switch version of this Vs. a Resident Evil remaster or even an original game.

Wonder if Capcom will sell the games individually once the collections are all done with (think like the Sega 3D Classics), that would be really neat.

iosefe

Lack of mega man & bass might be due to it never being localized until the GBA version. To give the ideal experience,we need a fully localized version of the SNES version as a doubt a GBA game would look good on a TV these days

Actually, let me not portbeg here haha. Still wondering why they did the collections in this way though. One big legacy Collection is a lot more enticing than two seperate collections.

edit

sure. I'd like a physical version of the first collection with the patches on the disc/cartridge.

Robin64

Not nearly as enticing as the first collection. 7 is average, while 8 is atrocious. 9 goes back to being awesome, but then 10 isn't as good as 9.

mjc

Well damn, I would have preferred a Zero collection or a shift into the X series. In time I guess.

WarRock

Will probably get for 9 and 10 eventually, but no & Bass or GB Megamans is straight up bullshit. Also, BN Collection without GGPO netplay would be useless.

IronLich

Loving this red carpet treatment they're giving to the Megaman re-release.

I really enjoyed playing the challenge mode in the first collection. Really kept you on your toes with the changing of 8-bit games as you cross from section to section. I would really like to see that being used to switch entire game styles during a rermix challenge. You slip from 16 bit to 8 bit in an instant. It would rule!

Marcel

Yeah, best not.

1tBHJx5.png

MM8 has a special place in my heart because it was one of my first PS1 games. I'll buy a PS4 and a XB1 copy for my young brother. Now all we need is MMX and Legends Collection.

He is right though .- wonder whats the reason for Capcom skipping Switch on these Collections. That tight of a development budget ? I mean Classic Mega Man titles are at home on Nintendo systems....seems weird to skip 3DS/Switch.

Anyone has a explanation ?

Capcom likely had little to no confidence in the platform until very recently. Capcom USA in particular, as these compilations are spearheaded by them.

Anyway, hopefully we can use this thread to talk about the actual game.

Instead of whining on NeoGAF about the lack of whatever version

You could

I dunno

Show them on Twitter that there is a fanbase willing to buy it?

I don't see power battles on that list. Where's power battles.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I could understand the uproar if someone ask in a AAA western dev title where the Switch version is. But in this case its a legit question...why is Capcom skipping Nintendo plattforms for there Collections ? Disney Afternoon Collection not being on 3DS also seemed weird.

Maybe this has something to do with the impact of potential VC income/titles...but then again the first MM Collection was on 3DS.

Top Bottom