• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 rated in Korea

Protome

If this does actually end up just being Megaman 7-10 it'd be one of the most skippable collections ever. At least if they threw in Megaman & Bass it'd be interesting but 7-10 are the weakest Megaman games across any of the subseries.

RM8

No 3DS sucks :( It's my Mega Man system - the NES games, the GB games, and even MM7. It's nice to have them on PC, though.

yyr

Just give me megaman 9 and I'll buy this. I don't even care what else is in it.

Edit:Fuck Yesssss! Day one for me

Why include 9 & 10 at all though? They are playable on current-gen hardware right now.

I have them installed on my XB1 already. Playing through Legacy Collection atm...9 & 10 next, Mighty No. 9 after that.

I didn't like how the first Mega man collection had less content than the anniversary collection released 2 generations before. Feels like these two collections should have just been bundled into one.

RedSwirl

Megaman Legends 1/2 or bust!

Don't fuck with me man. Now you got images in my head of Legends 1 & 2 running at modern resolutions. How the fuck would that even work? The controls for Legends 2 hold up much better than most games of its era but Legends 1 less so. Graphics are... subjective. A lot of people like their art style but I could see Capcom deeming those textures and models too outdated.

Tizoc

A Rockman Dash 1+2 HD remaster would be interesting, though I don't know if the market is open for a PSOne-era like clean 3D models nowadays :p

Why include 9 & 10 at all though? They are playable on current-gen hardware right now.

I have them installed on my XB1 already. Playing through Legacy Collection atm...9 & 10 next, Mighty No. 9 after that.

I just want Mega Man 9 on a portable.

It's not available on ps4 PC and wiiu/switch. It's only available on the Xbox one because of backwards compatibility, and I don't own an Xbox. I want 9 on my PC so I can play it while I'm away from my Ps4.

Edit: Forgot it's also playable on the Wiiu via the Wii menu. But it's so limited and my point is playing it on the the PC so I can take it around with me.

yyr

WinGPD got ya cover ;D

lol

I feel that as long as Switch is embraced by most major publishers, we should start seeing current-gen compilations ported there. It should be way more than powerful enough to run these emulation collections, I would think.

I want 9 on my PC so I can play it while I'm away from my Ps4.

Wait, 9 and 10 never came out on PC? I'm kind of shocked. Seems like a no-brainer...

SATURN version of Mega Man 8 this time, please! the definitive version.

I think a lot of people would love this, but PS1 emulation is easier and more common, so we'll probably wind up with that one again =\

ash_ag

It's not available on ps4 PC and wiiu/switch. It's only available on the Xbox one because of backwards compatibility, and I don't own an Xbox. I want 9 on my PC so I can play it while I'm away from my Ps4.

Wii U also has backwards compatibility.

I'm all for Switch versions of both Legacy Collections though. I don't see Nintendo introducing VC in its familiar form on Switch, so these's no reason to avoid these types of collections this time around. Perhaps a combined edition of LC1 and LC2 on Switch is the way to go.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
If the Switch didn't get the Disney Collection it probably won't get this, so let's squash those hopes and dreams right now.

yyr

If the Switch didn't get the Disney Collection it probably won't get this, so let's squash those hopes and dreams right now.

I disagree.

Disney Collection was likely in development before its developers had access to Switch information & dev kits. If development was beginning, say, now, I think there certainly would have been a Switch version.

Nothing is stopping them from announcing a Switch version later. We'll see.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Will buy just for 9 if it comes to Switch.

Also not including MM&B is a bit silly as it is the better version of MM8.

Dreanmirc

Neo Member
My dream list:

Mega Man 7 (with restored ending)
Mega Man 8 (Saturn version, with the option to choose the PSX Tengu Man OST)
Mega Man 9/10 (all DLC and option to turn on the slide and charge the megabuster)
Mega Man & Bass (SNES version, with the option to the GBA soundtrack)

DLC pack 1
Battle & Chase
Super Adventure Rockman
MegaBoard
Wily Tower

DLC pack 2
All 5 Mega Man World GB games (the GG one is not canon lol)
Rockman Battle & Fighters PS2 game
Mega Man Soccer!

latest

Opa-Pa

Wait, no portables confirmed then? Meh, I already own all these on platforms I can still play...

I mean I'll still buy it for PS4 out of love to the series I guess, but it's still pretty lame.

My dream list:

Mega Man 7 (with restored ending)
Mega Man 8 (Saturn version, with the option to choose the PSX Tengu Man OST)
Mega Man 9/10 (all DLC and option to turn on the slide and charge the megabuster)
Mega Man & Bass (SNES version, with the option to the GBA soundtrack)

DLC pack 1
Battle & Chase
Super Adventure Rockman
MegaBoard
Wily Tower

DLC pack 2
All 5 Mega Man World GB games (the GG one is not canon lol)
Rockman Battle & Fighters PS2 game

latest
Always trust a MM fan to get the good stuff.

If it is not the X collection I am not so interested. Those are the best Mega Man games and they get no love these days it seems.

Also, are there people still salty about Legends 3. Doesn't the fact that it would have turned to crap seeing how those other KS went a good thing?

Opa-Pa

If it is not the X collection I am not so interested. Those are the best Mega Man games and they get no love these days it seems.

Also, are there people still salty about Legends 3. Doesn't the fact that it would have turned to crap seeing how those other KS went a good thing?

X and Sigma are being heavily featured in MvsC Infinite, so I think an X collection is inevitable. They're probably just seeking to wrap up the classic series before moving on.

Z..

I continue to completely misunderstand why anyone would voluntarily choose to play a MML game. Horrible at launch and still atrocious every time I've attempted returning to it to see where the love comes from. Genuinely do not understand what the appeal is supposed to be at all.

That said, this collection should also include MM & Bass! And Wily Wars as an added bonus would complete it quite nicely! Not getting it as is, have all 4 games already...

Not the Mega Man Collection I wanted. I'll rebuy Zero Collection. I also want a way to play the ZX games as I never got to play them.

Servbot24

Banned
It really makes no sense to have 2 Legacy collections for one series of 10 games that probably could have all fit on a PS1 disc. If this is a classic series collection it better have all 10 games.

Opa-Pa

The focus of the first collection was to preserve the games in a state that's as close to the original releases as possible, and I imagine the same applies to this one. The problem with & Bass is that it's original release never made it overseas, so they'd either have to translate it or use the GBA version, which I imagine nobody wants outside of the soundtrack lol.

Top Bottom