• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man X7 is a Big Rigs/Sonic 2006 caliber game and no one seems to talk about it.

I played the collection version but also managed to find the original PS2 version (which is actually worse) at a thrift shop a couple weeks ago. So I've played through the game 3 times (played Axl and Zero only for the first PS2 run and got X on the second before the 8 bosses were beat, plus the initial run on the X collection)

When people think of bad games, people bring up Marios Time Machine, Big Rigs, Sonic 06, Bubsy 3D, Irritating Stick, Stolen, and many others. But Mega Man X7 is a game that seems to often get a pass despite the fact that it is one of the worst games put out. It's especially strange considering this was a major entry into a long-running franchise and one of the Capcoms earliest real 3D games.

Mega Man X7 is poorly made and broken. Here are some bullet points:

• Mega Man X7's PS2 release literally lies to you on the back of the box by having X in the intro stage which isn't actually possible (they did that in X5's GH and X6's normal PS1 box as well with having normal X in the intro stage, so this seems to be a habit.)
  • Mega Man X7 has collision masks that will count as crushing damage along several walls in the game, so running against a wall can actually kill you sometimes since the game will occasionally consider you in "crushed" status.
  • With Axl and Zero, if an enemy with a strong attack hits you, you will be immobilized and knocked back until you hit the ground. This is problematic when you're on small platforms over instant death pits or water since it means, if you get hit, you're guarantee to lose a life. With X, his Body armor can prevent this. Not only that, but regular X without armor can "sometimes" take a hit as well without knockback. Which I'm pretty sure is a glitch.
  • The Camera snapping while you're wall climbing immediately switches your momentum in the direction the camera just snapped to, leading you to lose your grip and having to reclimb, or it will have you falling into a pit/lava.
  • Rescue Reploids in X7 can be killed by pretty much anything on screen. Generally though you, the character, can shoot through them since there's no friendly fire. However, in what I figure to be a bug, sometimes your shots do kill rescue reploids, just because the game decided it wanted to I guess.
  • Sometimes Rescue reploids are killed by an invisible force you don't even see.
  • Bosses sometimes have invincibility frames that aren't even visible. Making Boss fights glitchy, longer than they need to be, and unfun.
  • Red tells you in the story that "Axl is still young" yet reploids don't "age" in this universe. (yet.)
  • Red Tells X/Zero/AXL he rigged "the place to self-destruct" and then the next final levels all take place in the same place that apparently exploded. Somehow.
  • When you add a power-up part to a character, the game continues to explain what parts do every time you slot one in.
  • Rescue reploids sometimes give power-up parts, but onlyto the characters you use in the stage will get them. This means that you can permanently give characters you don't want to use parts because you have to. Creating an unbalanced team. This also create an issue when you want to play as X, because you get him later in the game and you likely already gave 70% of the power ups to Axl and Zero.
  • Sometimes when you're X, when you charge your buster and release to fire, nothing will come out. No, there's no reason for it, it's just a bug.
  • Sometimes when you're X, and have Zero as a teammate, there are times when you switch between them where X will take more damage because the game thinks you're playing as Zero instead of X, yet all the attacks and everything are still X's. Only the damage resistance is changed.
  • Splash Warfly, a boss in the game, can glitch out if you attack him as he is "guarding" and will be invincible the entire fight.
  • Sometimes if an enemy attack is on screen, and you switch the camera to where the perspective of that attack is in front of a rescue reploid on screen (but otherwise would be nowhere near the rescue reploid) the game sometimes treats that as damage, and kills the reploid off. I'm assuming this is because sometimes the game makes the collisions for an attack the screen instead of the actual bullets or lasers. Which is I don't even...
  • Burn Burn Burn, to the ground, Burn, Triformation, Burn, Burn to the ground, WOOHOO burn, Triformation, wohooo burn b-b-burn ground.
  • Click this link for punks
  • Ride Armors in this game, unlike previous titles, are actually weaker and less useful than going through stages without them.
  • Half the weakness weapons don't work like weakness weapons against the bosses that are weak to them.
  • Sometimes if you use explosion close to walls or objects in the Air stage it will kill you. I don't know why, but that's a thing.
  • Sometimes you can shoot through walls and objects at enemies the "lock-on" system targets. Sometimes it doesn't. What determines when it can or not? Nothing, in fact, sometimes both happen with the SAME object.
  • The "lock-on" system is basically auto aim, so while you can technically switch targets if there are multiple targets around you, the marker will automatically target any new thing that comes near you making the system completely broken. Your "lock-on" system also targets random robots, and projectile weapons so you'll be shooting at everything EXCEPT what you actually want to shoot..
  • When I think of collecting time bombs, clearly you use a motor vehicle to run them over. Which stops them. While one may say this may be more of a nitpick than a real issue, keep in mind that if you go too fast for the camera to keep in synch with your motorbike as you run over a bomb it will not register as you running over the bomb and you won't "collect" it in the games eyes.
  • Some enemies have shields that require you to use a weapon that can break the shield or you have to wait for an opening. But sometimes, if you attack several feet away, the game will consider the shield non-existent despite the animation showing up.
  • There are many areas where things will kill rescue reploids before anything even shows up on screen. A great example is when you get to part two of the Air stage and a giant fuck you laser that's not even close to avoidable sweeps and knocks you down. The kicker is, there's two guys on the left wing of the ship you're on and they are both dead long before you even start moving forward. The only way to save them is to hug the right side of the screen as soon as you're dropped on the ship, so that the game doesn't consider the rescue reploids on screen, then run up to the laser canons, they'll permanently stop firing for no real reason and will spin around in circles because I have no freaking clue. Then and only then can you go back to save them. What?????????
  • Sometimes, you'll see a rescue reploid on the screen and not know there's an enemy 1 foot off screen that will immediately kill them before you see them. Wonderful.
  • Despite the characters being the same models in 2D and 3D mode, Zero's sword slash in 3D standing still is not the same as his 2D. In fact, his range decreases by nearly half. Sometimes, 3D Zero's sword swing glitches, especially if you switch teamates often, and you'll need to go right up to enemies to hit them.
  • Sometimes Zero glitches out mid swing, and moves forward as he's swinging, and you can't control him until his combo is finished so there are times you'll attack an enemy right into a pit. Lovely.
  • Sometimes Zeros saber will just go through enemies. Sure, the hit animations will be there, but it's lying to you. You can actually count the amount of times it takes to kill an enemy and notice it's one or two more times to kill. This is something that happens often in Gunagaroo and the Jungle stage. Where the game lies to you making you think you hit an enemy, but it really took zero damage. Lol get it? Zero, Zero damage? Sigh.
  • Axl has a special ability called the Copyshot. How it works is, when you kill an enemy. the finishing blow must be a copyshot bullet and not ammo from his regular gun. When done this way, an orb will drop which will allow Axl to transform into that enemy for a short period of time. The Copyshot is incredibly weak, and it takes many hits to kill an enemy with it, so most people get the health down with the regular gun first, then fire copyshots to kill the enemy. But very often throughout, the game will for no reason treat copyshot bullets as normal, and nothing will drop for the whole stage until you leave and return to the stage or reset the game.
  • In Tornado Tonions stage, there are block platforms that appear and disappear. One of them has a health increase item inside of them. So you'll have to wait on the platform until it degenerates and fall to grab the health upgrade. That's perfectly fine, a basic puzzle. BUT FOR SOME REASON, there are times when you do this as X, and only X, the game bugs out, and now you fall through every single Block platform in the level until you restart the level or reset. Lovely.
  • The whole plot of this game is nonsense, as it's about Axl running away from a group of vigilante gangsters called Red Alert, led by the leader named Red, yeah it's lazy, and RA forces the Maverick Hunters into some pointless contest, to see who gets Axl even when none of the hunters actually want Axl. The terms of the contest is that RA would release mavericks they had held captive and whoever kills them first wins. Issue with this is Axl during boss dialogue treats the Mavericks like family members, and they do so in return which makes zero sense, and in other cutscenes they are treated like Reds friends, and as if they were part of RA, but that's not possible because the 8 stage bosses ARE the mavericks and that's confirmed in the game, in the manual, and in dev commentary so whoever wrote this was clearly drunk.
  • Occasionally, you'll go through a stage and get to the end thinking everything is fine. You see Alia go over the list of reploids you rescued and you realize that maybe 1,2, or a few that you are sure you got are missing. That's because sometimes the game doesn't register you rescuing some reploids for some reason, and this can be verified by you going back INTO the stage and seeing those reploids you rescued in the same spots they were before, making you have to rescue them TWICE.
With all the above, the game is clearly among the worst games out there, the Plot is poor, the gameplay mechanics are poor, the stage designs are poor, the games is broken beyond repair, and it's just amazing to me why Mega Man X7 is so seldom brought up among bad game conversations, I guess Mega Man fans just gave it a pass and it just kind of snowballed. Because the game did sell decently so it's not like it's ridiculously niche either.

Of course that's just my opinion. maybe someone here believes that it's nowhere near as bad as what I, and some of the post-release reviews say. Maybe you have the opposite opinions. Let us know!

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
To see if the bugs were consistent? Also I only beat it twice. I only played half-way on the collection version. The PS2 version from a couple weeks ago is what I mainly played. The collection version was further back.
I feel like this "isn't it obvious?" question mark is unjustified, given that most people who suffer through a game never consider replaying just to experiment with what exactly made them suffer. You're a mad lad, Kain. A mad lad who doesn't face his demons, but plays with them.
But I appreciate the detailed bullet points.

peronmls

Was Zero also voiced by 2 people? One for cutscenes and the other for battle grunts. It was totally obvious and I thought that was really bizarre.

Was Zero also voiced by 2 people? One for cutscenes and the other for battle grunts. It was totally obvious and I thought that was really bizarre.

Japanese grunts undubbed in English version. It happens with AXL as well but only occasionally. X is the only one with FULL in-game english voice dub.

:Euuuuu" "Ahh" "STOP IT."

Ailike

I played the collection version but also managed to find the original PS2 version (which is actually worse) at a thrift shop a couple weeks ago. So I've played through the game 3 times (played Axl and Zero only for the first PS2 run and got X on the second before the 8 bosses were beat, plus the initial run on the X collection)

When people think of bad games, people bring up Marios Time Machine, Big Rigs, Sonic 06, Bubsy 3D, Irritating Stick, Stolen, and many others. But Mega Man X7 is a game that seems to often get a pass despite the fact that it is one of the worst games put out. It's especially strange considering this was a major entry into a long-running franchise and one of the Capcoms earliest real 3D games.

Mega Man X7 is poorly made and broken. Here are some bullet points:

• Mega Man X7's PS2 release literally lies to you on the back of the box by having X in the intro stage which isn't actually possible (they did that in X5's GH and X6's normal PS1 box as well with having normal X in the intro stage, so this seems to be a habit.)
  • Mega Man X7 has collision masks that will count as crushing damage along several walls in the game, so running against a wall can actually kill you sometimes since the game will occasionally consider you in "crushed" status.
  • With Axl and Zero, if an enemy with a strong attack hits you, you will be immobilized and knocked back until you hit the ground. This is problematic when you're on small platforms over instant death pits or water since it means, if you get hit, you're guarantee to lose a life. With X, his Body armor can prevent this. Not only that, but regular X without armor can "sometimes" take a hit as well without knockback. Which I'm pretty sure is a glitch.
  • The Camera snapping while you're wall climbing immediately switches your momentum in the direction the camera just snapped to, leading you to lose your grip and having to reclimb, or it will have you falling into a pit/lava.
  • Rescue Reploids in X7 can be killed by pretty much anything on screen. Generally though you, the character, can shoot through them since there's no friendly fire. However, in what I figure to be a bug, sometimes your shots do kill rescue reploids, just because the game decided it wanted to I guess.
  • Sometimes Rescue reploids are killed by an invisible force you don't even see.
  • Bosses sometimes have invincibility frames that aren't even visible. Making Boss fights glitchy, longer than they need to be, and unfun.
  • Red tells you in the story that "Axl is still young" yet reploids don't "age" in this universe. (yet.)
  • Red Tells X/Zero/AXL he rigged "the place to self-destruct" and then the next final levels all take place in the same place that apparently exploded. Somehow.
  • When you add a power-up part to a character, the game continues to explain what parts do every time you slot one in.
  • Rescue reploids sometimes give power-up parts, but onlyto the characters you use in the stage will get them. This means that you can permanently give characters you don't want to use parts because you have to. Creating an unbalanced team. This also create an issue when you want to play as X, because you get him later in the game and you likely already gave 70% of the power ups to Axl and Zero.
  • Sometimes when you're X, when you charge your buster and release to fire, nothing will come out. No, there's no reason for it, it's just a bug.
  • Sometimes when you're X, and have Zero as a teammate, there are times when you switch between them where X will take more damage because the game thinks you're playing as Zero instead of X, yet all the attacks and everything are still X's. Only the damage resistance is changed.
  • Splash Warfly, a boss in the game, can glitch out if you attack him as he is "guarding" and will be invincible the entire fight.
  • Sometimes if an enemy attack is on screen, and you switch the camera to where the perspective of that attack is in front of a rescue reploid on screen (but otherwise would be nowhere near the rescue reploid) the game sometimes treats that as damage, and kills the reploid off. I'm assuming this is because sometimes the game makes the collisions for an attack the screen instead of the actual bullets or lasers. Which is I don't even...
  • Burn Burn Burn, to the ground, Burn, Triformation, Burn, Burn to the ground, WOOHOO burn, Triformation, wohooo burn b-b-burn ground.
  • Click this link for punks
  • Ride Armors in this game, unlike previous titles, are actually weaker and less useful than going through stages without them.
  • Half the weakness weapons don't work like weakness weapons against the bosses that are weak to them.
  • Sometimes if you use explosion close to walls or objects in the Air stage it will kill you. I don't know why, but that's a thing.
  • Sometimes you can shoot through walls and objects at enemies the "lock-on" system targets. Sometimes it doesn't. What determines when it can or not? Nothing, in fact, sometimes both happen with the SAME object.
  • The "lock-on" system is basically auto aim, so while you can technically switch targets if there are multiple targets around you, the marker will automatically target any new thing that comes near you making the system completely broken. Your "lock-on" system also targets random robots, and projectile weapons so you'll be shooting at everything EXCEPT what you actually want to shoot..
  • When I think of collecting time bombs, clearly you use a motor vehicle to run them over. Which stops them. While one may say this may be more of a nitpick than a real issue, keep in mind that if you go too fast for the camera to keep in synch with your motorbike as you run over a bomb it will not register as you running over the bomb and you won't "collect" it in the games eyes.
  • Some enemies have shields that require you to use a weapon that can break the shield or you have to wait for an opening. But sometimes, if you attack several feet away, the game will consider the shield non-existent despite the animation showing up.
  • There are many areas where things will kill rescue reploids before anything even shows up on screen. A great example is when you get to part two of the Air stage and a giant fuck you laser that's not even close to avoidable sweeps and knocks you down. The kicker is, there's two guys on the left wing of the ship you're on and they are both dead long before you even start moving forward. The only way to save them is to hug the right side of the screen as soon as you're dropped on the ship, so that the game doesn't consider the rescue reploids on screen, then run up to the laser canons, they'll permanently stop firing for no real reason and will spin around in circles because I have no freaking clue. Then and only then can you go back to save them. What?????????
  • Sometimes, you'll see a rescue reploid on the screen and not know there's an enemy 1 foot off screen that will immediately kill them before you see them. Wonderful.
  • Despite the characters being the same models in 2D and 3D mode, Zero's sword slash in 3D standing still is not the same as his 2D. In fact, his range decreases by nearly half. Sometimes, 3D Zero's sword swing glitches, especially if you switch teamates often, and you'll need to go right up to enemies to hit them.
  • Sometimes Zero glitches out mid swing, and moves forward as he's swinging, and you can't control him until his combo is finished so there are times you'll attack an enemy right into a pit. Lovely.
  • Sometimes Zeros saber will just go through enemies. Sure, the hit animations will be there, but it's lying to you. You can actually count the amount of times it takes to kill an enemy and notice it's one or two more times to kill. This is something that happens often in Gunagaroo and the Jungle stage. Where the game lies to you making you think you hit an enemy, but it really took zero damage. Lol get it? Zero, Zero damage? Sigh.
  • Axl has a special ability called the Copyshot. How it works is, when you kill an enemy. the finishing blow must be a copyshot bullet and not ammo from his regular gun. When done this way, an orb will drop which will allow Axl to transform into that enemy for a short period of time. The Copyshot is incredibly weak, and it takes many hits to kill an enemy with it, so most people get the health down with the regular gun first, then fire copyshots to kill the enemy. But very often throughout, the game will for no reason treat copyshot bullets as normal, and nothing will drop for the whole stage until you leave and return to the stage or reset the game.
  • In Tornado Tonions stage, there are block platforms that appear and disappear. One of them has a health increase item inside of them. So you'll have to wait on the platform until it degenerates and fall to grab the health upgrade. That's perfectly fine, a basic puzzle. BUT FOR SOME REASON, there are times when you do this as X, and only X, the game bugs out, and now you fall through every single Block platform in the level until you restart the level or reset. Lovely.
  • The whole plot of this game is nonsense, as it's about Axl running away from a group of vigilante gangsters called Red Alert, led by the leader named Red, yeah it's lazy, and RA forces the Maverick Hunters into some pointless contest, to see who gets Axl even when none of the hunters actually want Axl. The terms of the contest is that RA would release mavericks they had held captive and whoever kills them first wins. Issue with this is Axl during boss dialogue treats the Mavericks like family members, and they do so in return which makes zero sense, and in other cutscenes they are treated like Reds friends, and as if they were part of RA, but that's not possible because the 8 stage bosses ARE the mavericks and that's confirmed in the game, in the manual, and in dev commentary so whoever wrote this was clearly drunk.
  • Occasionally, you'll go through a stage and get to the end thinking everything is fine. You see Alia go over the list of reploids you rescued and you realize that maybe 1,2, or a few that you are sure you got are missing. That's because sometimes the game doesn't register you rescuing some reploids for some reason, and this can be verified by you going back INTO the stage and seeing those reploids you rescued in the same spots they were before, making you have to rescue them TWICE.
With all the above, the game is clearly among the worst games out there, the Plot is poor, the gameplay mechanics are poor, the stage designs are poor, the games is broken beyond repair, and it's just amazing to me why Mega Man X7 is so seldom brought up among bad game conversations, I guess Mega Man fans just gave it a pass and it just kind of snowballed. Because the game did sell decently so it's not like it's ridiculously niche either.

Of course that's just my opinion. maybe someone here believes that it's nowhere near as bad as what I, and some of the post-release reviews say. Maybe you have the opposite opinions. Let us know!
And this post is the most anyone ever has cared about X7.

Orenji Neko

Well, I'm a shameless Mega Man fan, love just about all of them, but yeah.....I completely passed on X Legacy Collection 2 because I not only dislike X7, but I also don't like X6 and I'm admittedly pretty indifferent to X5 and 8 as well. I do think 5 and 8 are.....I'll say "decent" but just not good enough for me to buy that second part of the collection. For me, the X series stops at 4 and I'm content with that because I personally feel that X4 was fantastic in just about every facet and I'm ok in choosing it as the end, even if that was the original intent of X5.

For one of your points about Mega Man fans giving it a pass, you are definitely right in regards to myself: I blindly bought X7 on (greatly misplaced) faith alone, and that was after being less than pleased with 5, and really disappointed with 6. Because of those and X7, I only rented X8 and while it was better, I was glad I didn't buy that one as well, and as such when the X Legacy Collections came along, I was quite happy it was split into two halves: I could save a bit of money and buy the only X games I truly like which is the first 4.

I mean, it was all bad enough that when I see people asking for an X9, I am indifferent. That's after how great classic MM 9, 10, and 11 turned out too. They could say X9 will be like a SNES or PS1 game, or even adopt a style similar to MM11 and I'd still unfortunately be convinced that there isn't any way it could turn out good unless it actually does and stares me in the face with a playable demo that proves it. Ugh, curse that X7, or rather the entire second half of that series.....but especially X7.

And you played through it three times?! I have to commend you for having more patience for that then I ever could have. I barely stayed with it for the one and only time I played through it back when it originally came out. I think after about 30 minutes or so the reality sunk in (screwed for a THIRD time) and it became a chore or obligation since I paid full price for that thing and even that was foolish: I should have dropped it then and there and traded that sucker away that day. Instead, like an idiot, I allowed the game to show me all the new ways it could one up itself in being awful. It was like seeing a train wreck, except you go back in time, buy a ticket, and ride the train you already know is going to crash.

I guess at least Mario's Time Machine could teach somebody something (or was that Mario is Missing? I forget which one was educational, or if they both were). The only thing MMX7 will teach you is the same thing that Sonic 06 can: that the mighty can indeed fall, and fall quite hard and in stupendous fashion.

Wonko_C

X7 came out when no one cared about Mega Man anymore so that's why it isn't even remembered as one of the worst games ever. And that makes me sad. (sad that no one cared about Mega Man anymore, not sad at that pile of turd X7. X8 was decent, though.)

Last edited:

Closer

I was too busy playing Megaman Zero to care about X7. Having come from X6, I didn't care about X7. Hated X6, it was mediocre, but music was great though.
Megaman Zero became my favorite Megaman Series because those games are tight.

Last edited:

JohannCK

I actually recall everyone hating X7 when it was first released.

But Mega Man X7 is a game that seems to often get a pass despite the fact that it is one of the worst games put out.

I don't think it "gets as pass" as much as people forget about it as the series was kind of dead at that point. If anything I think that applies to X8 which fans keep saying is "not as bad as X7" or "surprisingly good" (it's still very bad).

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
It's awful but...Big Rigs? Hell no. It's not even close to being in that ballpark.

Also, it's actually a functioning game with a mostly stable frame-rate and reasonable loading times. Sonic 2006 has none of that.

It came in in 2003, and no, noe one was talking about how bad X7 was fans gave it a pass, most of the memes and other X7 backlash came years later.
Is that true? I was posting on GAF in 2003 (since 1999, in fact). The reaction wasn't really positive. I played it at the time and didn't really like it but I don't hate it nearly as much as some. It's far and away the worst Mega Man X game, though.

It's not Rockman and Forte WonderSwan bad, at least.

Last edited:
I actually recall everyone hating X7 when it was first released.

I don't think it "gets as pass" as much as people forget about it as the series was kind of dead at that point. If anything I think that applies to X8 which fans keep saying is "not as bad as X7" or "surprisingly good" (it's still very bad).

What series? X? X7 still sold decently, and X8 came out the next year along with an X collection.

Mega Man as a whole? Megaman Battle Network 4 was the peak of Megamans 2000's popularity and became at the time the 4th Mega Man game to sell over 1 million cpies.

with a mostly stable frame-rate

Whens' the last time you played X7? (the original version)

I will say that I do agree even with FPS issues X7 has better FPS consistency than Sonic 2006, although in slight defense of Sonic 2006, you don't have to deal with things dying off screen and having walls kill you.

It's not Rockman and Forte WonderSwan bad, at least.

Well technically that game is the "semi-sequel" to the real Megaman and Bass.

But even then it's better than the Game Gear game so eh.

Last edited:

JohannCK

What series? X? X7 still sold decently, and X8 came out the next year along with an X collection.

Mega Man as a whole? Megaman Battle Network 4 was the peak of Megamans 2000's popularity and became at the time the 4th Mega Man game to sell over 1 million cpies.
X.

Don't know about worldwide, but X7 sold half of X5's numbers in Japan, and X8 sold less than half of X7's.

X.

Don't know about worldwide, but X7 sold half of X5's numbers in Japan, and X8 sold less than half of X7's.

This is a very odd statement since you'r omitting X6 to make X7 seem like it performed worse than it actually did. Especially since X7 is in the top 20 and one of the last few Mega Man games to sell over 110k there.

But the X series int he later years (and the original series at the same time) was mostly targeted for US sales anyway. Hence why both the X and Megaman Collections and all the console ports for them were all ONLY released in NA.

JohannCK

This is a very odd statement since you'r omitting X6 to make X7 seem like it performed worse than it actually did. Especially since X7 is in the top 20 and one of the last few Mega Man games to sell over 110k there.

But the X series int he later years (and the original series at the same time) was mostly targeted for US sales anyway. Hence why both the X and Megaman Collections and all the console ports for them were all ONLY released in NA.
I'm just saying that I distinctly recall almost everyone hating X7, and X8 not doing well because X7's switch to 3D nonsense was that bad, which was also continuing a trend of a downwards curve in sales for the series (and yes, X6 sold less than X5 and more than X7).

I'm really not sure what you seem to be so upset about.

X1- 470K
X2- 430K
X3- 300K
X4- 220K
X5- 200K
X6- 150K
X7- 110K
X8- 35K

Last edited:
I'm just saying that I distinctly recall almost everyone hating X7, and X8 not doing well because X7's switch to 3D nonsense was that bad, which was also continuing a trend of a downwards curve in sales for the series (and yes, X6 sold less than X5 and more than X7).

I'm really not sure what you seem to be so upset about.

I'm not upset at all, you're trying to create that reality just because I disagree with the fact you basically selectively set things up to make X7 seem like it sold worse than it did.

In JAPAN, there was no "downward curve" because X7 is a top 20 game. There are many games X7 outsold before and AFTER X7 came out. Even if we talk about just the X series, there are 9 X games that sold worse than it.

The point I'm getting at is that X wasn't dead at the time X7 came out, in Japan or NA, that's basically it. Nothing more to it. I understand why you would believe that though.

Edit: You're list you edited proves my point. Above. You seem to be trying to make X7 seem like it performed worse than it did, I never said it wasn't a bad game but good grief.

Last edited:

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Whens' the last time you played X7? (the original version)

I will say that I do agree even with FPS issues X7 has better FPS consistency than Sonic 2006, although in slight defense of Sonic 2006, you don't have to deal with things dying off screen and having walls kill you.

Well technically that game is the "semi-sequel" to the real Megaman and Bass.

But even then it's better than the Game Gear game so eh.
I replayed X7 on a PS2 using a PVM monitor this past summer with a friend. We played through the whole series. It's a terrible game but the frame-rate isn't a real issue. It's mostly stable.

I replayed X7 on a PS2 using a PVM monitor this past summer with a friend. We played through the whole series. It's a terrible game but the frame-rate isn't a real issue. It's mostly stable.

Did you use Axl much at all, because there are plenty of breakdown videos about him crashing the fame rate if you use him often. Of course it seems versions seem to be inconsistent, apparently the pal version has a worse frame rate than the NA version. Not very surprising though given history.

No one seems to care just because it doesn't have anything to it. Get over it, man.

Your post is pointless, doesn't contribute tot he conversation, and makes an assumption that doesn't make sense because you didn't read the whole thread. Chill.

SoulUnison

Banned
No one seems to care just because it doesn't have anything to it. Get over it, man.

Posts like this are why people stop bothering to lost original content/opinions about video games here in this video game discussion forum.

Your comment serves absolutely no purpose except to actively make this community worse.

At least OP’s post is amusing.
What value do you add?

Last edited:
Nothing is bad as Big Rigs. Nothing.

I don't know, I've seen Big rigs and Bubsy arguments on forums before :)

But yeah, overall I don't think that X& is worse than big rigs, but in terms of having bugs all over and being broken, X7 does have some negative aspects of Big Rigs. Well, imo anyway.

120v

yeah honestly i can't think of a worse game i played. and i've been around since the atari 2600 days... like, there was shit then but you more or less knew you were getting shit shoveled in your mouth. and today i buy a game for $2 on steam made on unity by some guy in his boxers, yeah i can dig it won't be too hot. but capcom publishing it as a numbered sequel to one of the greatest games ever made (mega man X1)... it's something i still can't wrap my head around

Last edited:
Top Bottom