• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man Zero Collection for DS (June in Japan)

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Apr 3, 2007
6,979
0
0
Recently bought 1/2 on GBA as I purchased a DS fat to trade pokemon to myself. I will hunt down the other 2 and probably still buy this.

Top 10 of all time series for me.
 

lucablight

Member
Jun 10, 2008
1,570
0
750
GrotesqueBeauty said:
I played it at Wondercon, and at least from my short time with it everything seemed to work exactly as it should. They even have fully customizable controls, thank God. It didn't even cross my mind to ask a rep if the game was being released, but it would be mighty strange to show it off like that if it wasn't.
Is it possible to use the Y button to shoot? One of the thing that annoyed me about the GBA version was that you can only use the A and B buttons whereas the Y button seems much more intuititve to me.
 
Mar 1, 2007
1,817
1
0
space
lucablight said:
Is it possible to use the Y button to shoot? One of the thing that annoyed me about the GBA version was that you can only use the A and B buttons whereas the Y button seems much more intuititve to me.
The GBA had no Y button...
 
Sep 13, 2007
11,024
0
0
lucablight said:
Is it possible to use the Y button to shoot? One of the thing that annoyed me about the GBA version was that you can only use the A and B buttons whereas the Y button seems much more intuititve to me.
Yup. Like I said, there is a custom control option that lets you map the buttons however you please. It was the first thing I checked for, because it drives me nuts when games have jump/shoot switched around from how I like it, which is my beef with GBA emulation on the DS in general.

Hitlersaurus Christ said:
The GBA had no Y button...
He probably played it on his DS.
 

Stabby McSter

Member
Jul 24, 2006
13,450
0
0
san jose, ca
Solune said:
That was cancelled due to "cost" issues right?
It sucks so bad cause I was listening to Ballade's theme from MM10 and it is glorious.
It would be nice if they compiled the gameboy collection for the DS...
They cancelled the GB game ports because they lost the source codes to the original games or something. D:
 

faridmon

Member
Dec 6, 2008
29,041
2
0
London
How hard are those games? i want to get into Megaman games but i hate hard games. Having frustration with Legend of Kage 2 and i think i am only at the begining :/
 
Mar 1, 2007
1,817
1
0
space
faridmon said:
How hard are those games? i want to get into Megaman games but i hate hard games. Having frustration with Legend of Kage 2 and i think i am only at the begining :/
Well, Zero 4 has an easy mode, but for the most part you're out of luck. I mean, it's not as hard as the original series was at times, but it can be pretty damn challenging.
 

faridmon

Member
Dec 6, 2008
29,041
2
0
London
Hitlersaurus Christ said:
Well, Zero 4 has an easy mode, but for the most part you're out of luck. I mean, it's not as hard as the original series was at times, but it can be pretty damn challenging.
dang it. oh well, i'll still buy it and hope my skills in gaming gets better while playing this game.

Hitokage said:
You and I just aren't going to get along. ;)
For some reason, i strongly feel sadden by this :(
 

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
Jun 2, 2009
1,682
0
0
GrotesqueBeauty said:
Yup. Like I said, there is a custom control option that lets you map the buttons however you please. It was the first thing I checked for, because it drives me nuts when games have jump/shoot switched around from how I like it, which is my beef with GBA emulation on the DS in general.
Any other details you could share? Was their remixed music? Special features? a release date? Etc.
 

mikeeb13

Banned
Nov 30, 2009
145
0
0
lucablight said:
Is it possible to use the Y button to shoot? One of the thing that annoyed me about the GBA version was that you can only use the A and B buttons whereas the Y button seems much more intuititve to me.
yep, custom button mapping is available :)
 

hitsugi

Member
Apr 4, 2006
6,072
0
1,005
Never played any of the Z titles, but playing X4 as Zero was one of my favorite gaming experiences ever so... this should be good, right?
 

Boney

Banned
Jan 6, 2010
33,742
0
0
hitsugi said:
Never played any of the Z titles, but playing X4 as Zero was one of my favorite gaming experiences ever so... this should be good, right?
It should be way better. The only thing bad about the Zero series is the tiny screen.