• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megyn Kelly’s ratings are taking NBC’s morning slate down with her

LotusHD

Banned
Tamron seems to have landed on her feet well, she got like 6 shows on the ID channel. Which from my experience probably the same cross section that love morning tv. Every woman I know watches the ID Channel.

My dad and I love the channel, could sit there for hours if I'm not careful lol

lenovox1

Tamron seems to have landed on her feet well, she got like 6 shows on the ID channel. Which from my experience probably the same cross section that love morning tv. Every woman I know watches the ID Channel.

Right now, she has a development deal to get her own morning talk show in syndication. She's doing okay.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Megyn Kelly really thought mainstream America was gonna forget years of her being a right-wing shill? What a rude awakening.

ShyMel

Yesterday I read several blind items that hinted to NBC regretting getting her on their team. They seemed unsure as to what to do with her now due to the money amount involved.

Slayven

My dad and I love the channel, could sit there for hours if I'm not careful lol
I like how specific they are with their shows "The Murders that take place between 3:34pm and 7:25pm show". I think that says more about society then the channel.
Right now, she has a development deal to get her own morning talk show in syndication. She's doing okay.

Good, I think she will kill it

Is ID Channel a network like NBC or a channel under a brand of someone else?

Hesh

Nice to hear, but way too early to forecast her future at NBC. Daily television show ratings can turn on a dime compared to weekly programs.

Good, hope it continues to tank and fuck NBC and all the suits who decided to drop Tamron for Megyn. Megyn is trash and NBC deserves this 100%.

Once again black folks gotta work twice as hard only for thee most mediocre of folks to get ahead.

lenovox1

Genuinely glad to hear that.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/tamron-hall-talk-show-weinstein-television-1202493387/

It's with Weinstein Co. I'm guessing all projects he was personally involved with will be delayed for a little but for the time being.

Nice to hear, but way too early to forecast her future at NBC. Daily television show ratings can turn on a dime compared to weekly programs.

They've got to change her format up a bit, because what they're doing for her doesn't fit her as has been stated many, many times.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
This is the same reason they booted Jay Leno's primetime show. The lower ratings would probably have still been acceptable for the lower production costs if it didn't also ruin everything that ran beside it.

Bakercat

The only thing she's good at is being eye candy. That's why fox had her for so long. You put her in front of the camera with a short dress and sitting at a clear desk so all the old horny right-wingers can stare at her legs while she fed them bullshit. Sex sells, not intelligence.

Inexplicably?

edit: Whoops, autocorrect fail. Meant inexplicably, no inextricably
Being popular on Fox News doesn't mean it would translate over to NBC. Even if NBC was going for the audience she brought it, it was bizarre to think they'd jump over from Fox News solely to see her, or that there was a large overlap between her audience and NBCs existing one. They basically brought her over on some off change they'd be able to match her rating on her Fox News show when there were tons of factors suggesting that was a dumb line of thinking

Van Bur3n

Imagine Megyn Kelly being the first thing you wake up to, and Jimmy Fallon the last thing you see before you fall asleep. #TheBadPlace

OvsvbTO.gif

I've watched some clips and her cheery morning personality comes off as forced and disingenuous as anybody could have expected. I have no idea wtf NBC was thinking with this move. Despite her fame (infamy?) she was completely unlikable. In fact, being cold and callous was sort of part of her claim to fame. So somehow NBC saw that and decided to try and turn her into Ellen or Kelly Ripa?

Just trying to look at it from NBC's perspective, Megyn received a lot of praise from liberals as well as having them coming to her defense after the whole Trump mess. So they may have thought that they could simply rebrand her off of that. That people would just ignore all she'd done before at Fox News and they could just build off that anti-Trump sentiment she had. But in bringing her in it also meant that they had to throw someone who was seemingly universally liked (Tamron Hall) under the bus in the process. And that meant people had to ignore another aspect of them attempting to get people to accept her.

I guess I could see where they were coming from. She was one of the most popular people at Fox News. So if she were able to bring some of those over it'd be a nice pay off for them. Of course right now it doesn't look like any of that's going to happen. Her Sunday night show was a flop and this was is tanking as well.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Imagine Megyn Kelly being the first thing you wake up to, and Jimmy Fallon the last thing you see before you fall asleep. #TheBadPlace

When you put it like that, yeesh.

I did notice her interview with Russel Brand popped into my YouTube feed. Curious to watch just to see how she handles a personality like his.

I keep forgetting people still watch live tv and actually even pay for it despite it being your regular over the air channels. It's been so damn long since I sat through live tv besides sports and even those are getting far between. Old people smh.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Always seemed liked a bizarre fit

The Today Show to me is always the place you go for puppies, mostly happiness, and the national weather forecast. Sometimes you get some serious news before heading back to a fun special guest and a cooking show.

Not exactly an ideal landing spot for a former right wing news anchor.

Korigama

Serves them right. Pissed me off even more seeing that clip of her shutting down Tom Brokaw when he was speaking about gun control.

Her problem isn't even that she is coming from being the blonde woman Glenn Beck.

It's that when she isn't just railing on Libruls, she's... Well.

Boring as fuck. She's dull. She has 0 personality or charm.

The advertising for ID is weird as it makes it seem stay at home wives are the only audience yet I'm a single guy with no kids...

Socivol

Megyn Kelly is a racist cunt. I'm glad her show is bombing. NBC took Tamron Hall's show off when it was the #1 rated in the time slot. It's completely insulting to her and they perpetuate that even when you're doing a good job as someone black a mediocre white person can take your job. Whoever thought that racist right-wing darling Megyn Kelly could turn and become a daytime TV personality deserves to be shot.

Top Bottom