• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mel Brooks wants to do a sequel to Spaceballs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dicer

Banned
Aside from the missing people, Mel Brooks comedy isn't accepted in this day and age. it wouldn't be the same...

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
This would definitely fit in my "does not need a sequel" category for films.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
No. Just let it stay the perfect moment in time movie that it was.

I don't think he has it in him to make a proper parody of current big budget/sci fi movies. I think a sequel to Galaxy Quest could probably do a better job.

Snaku

Banned
Goes without saying that Yogurt would now be complete CGI, blackflipping all over the place slinging Spaceballs merch.

Spaceballs2.gif

I don't think he should. SpaceBalls is a classic as it is.

NotLiquid

Spaceballs was perfect as is, as much as I wanted to have one way back when I first saw the movie.

On the topic of parody movies teasing sequels we never got, where the hell is my Kung Pow 2, Oedekerk?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Spaceballs was perfect as is, as much as I wanted to have one way back when I first saw the movie.

On the topic of parody movies teasing sequels we never got, where the hell is my Kung Pow 2, Oedekerk?

I've accepted it as fact that Kung Pow 2 is never happening :(

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Would prefer a sequel to Robin Hood: Men in Tights.

But either way, I fear Mel may be showing his age by this point. :(

megamerican

I would only be interested just to see Moranis out of retirement. IMO Space Balls has been his film that's aged the worst.

They wanted to do Spaceballs 3: The Search for Spaceballs 2 in the early 90's. But they could never get it off the ground.

It just wouldn't be the same now.

Ferrio

Banned
I read Moranis would be up for ghostbusters if the script was good enough, maybe the same with spaceballs?

Initial reaction:
tumblr_n2p43jCmkA1reuq1zo1_250.gif

Time to think reaction: Given the prequel episodes 1-3 imagine all the material this guy has to work with. Our revenge on Jar Jar could nearly be complete.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
He says he won't do it without Moranis.

Moranis is never coming out of retirement.

This isn't happening.

markot

Banned
I read Moranis would be up for ghostbusters if the script was good enough, maybe the same with spaceballs?

Saying 'if the script was good enough' in todays hollywood essentially means he would never have to worry about working again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom