• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mel Brooks wants to do a sequel to Spaceballs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallbaro

Banned
New cast!

jewsinspace.png

Ferrio

Banned
Saying 'if the script was good enough' in todays hollywood essentially means he would never have to worry about working again.

Well only reason he retired was his children after his wife died. They're fuly grown, shouldn't be much holding him back.

WillyFive

If Spaceballs is based on Star Wars, there is no reason the old cast is necessary, because the Prequels didn't use most of the old cast. And if they can get the surviving members of the old cast to come back, then it would be perfect to riff Episode 7.

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
I was just thinking the other day how awesome this would be. And he needs to straight up call it Spaceballs Episode VII: The Schwartz Awakens.

I bet Pullman and Moranis would at least drop in.

Platy

I was just thinking the other day how awesome this would be. And he needs to straight up call it Spaceballs Episode VII: The Schwartz Awakens.

I bet Pullman and Moranis would at least drop in.

I doubt Moranis would appear .... but Pullman sure, why not ?

Valhelm

contribute something
Man, I usually don't like nostalgia sequels but I'd love some more Mel Brooks. Good for him for working at his age!

Ms.Galaxy

When was his last film made, 1995? We need more Mel Brooks, the man is a legend. Spaceballs and History of the World are my favorite comedies of all time.

The recent HBO thing ( "a night with" or something) with Mel Brooks was fun. I hope he gets his swan song (should it be). It's not as if the ridiculousness of Star Wars and its marketing have become any less or anything.

Big Nikus

Fun fact: I watched Spaceballs when I was seven years old and it was before I watched Star Wars. I had it all backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom