• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Melissa Joan Hart (Sabrina - Clarissa) cancels a Kickstarter

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't nock six !

tumblr_len25nfoSp1qbxuufo1_500.jpg

I'd giver her all seven if you know what I mean

So, let's a take a look at the VM Kickstarter:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/04/15/veronica-mars-kickstarter-grosses-57m

The Veronica Mars Kickstarter closed over the weekend, grossing a grand total of $5,702,153, and meaning that Kristen Bell’s private investigator will finally be making her big-screen bow.

Over the course of its brief life, the campaign set all manner of records, including…

Highest number of Kickstarter backers: 91,585.

Fastest project to reach $1m.

Fastest project to reach $2m.

All-time highest funded project in ‘Film’ category.

Third highest-funded project in Kickstarter history (trailing behind Ouya on $8.6m and the Pebble Watch on 10.3m).

The Veronica Mars movie will shoot this summer, while the film will also have a presence at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con.

And MJH's Kickstarter to date:

$25,458

Oh hey, it went up since last I checked. Maybe it's gaining traction.

danwarb

*Add $5.00 for shipping and handling.

I'm not familiar with kickstarter, if this doesn't reach $2million or more it's all for naught?

Impossible.

Update video: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/318676760/darcis-walk-of-shame/posts

I don't think this one's going to catch on.

"Hey you plebes I'm just checking in here from HOLLYWOOD! (did I mention HOLLYWOOD!? WHERE ALL THE FAMOUS PEOPLE ARE FROM!?!) give me money to make this movie that every studio on the planet has probably already passed on and don't even think is worth $2 million, which is chump change to most of them, it's sort of like The Hangover meets Bridesmaids meets Anchorman meets American Pie meets Caddyshack meets Monty Python's Holy Grail! And you will get a free totebag and someone will follow you on twitter!"

Meelow

Banned
"Hey you plebes I'm just checking in here from HOLLYWOOD! (did I mention HOLLYWOOD!? WHERE ALL THE FAMOUS PEOPLE ARE FROM!?!) give me money to make this movie that every studio on the planet has probably already passed on and don't even think is worth $2 million, which is chump change to most of them, it's sort of like The Hangover meets Bridesmaids meets Anchorman meets American Pie meets Caddyshack meets Monty Python's Holy Grail! And you will get a free totebag and someone will follow you on twitter!"

Lol yeah I noticed that too, it's like she wanted people to make sure they know she's in Hollywood.

MJH is awesome but yeah, this is not good.

Toppot

I feel awkward watching that, she has to realize no one cares about her or this movie.

People might not care about the movie, but a lot of people still remember her Sabrina years and would probably back a new non kiddy movie of that.

This kickstarter project seems to be amazingly well thought out and planned:

FAQ said:
I live outside of the US and Canada but the reward I want has a DVD or digital download?

We are working on that. We are coming up with some new awards to fix the issue. I you have any ideas send an email.

I especially like how they ask for tips from interested backers. I'm not familiar with international movie distribution in any way (like MJH, heyoo!), but I somehow doubt that it's possible to sort stuff like this out in a watertight way in just over a month.

bud

Pledge $100 or more

Limited (98 of 100 left)

Two of our main cast members (not Melissa Joan Hart) will follow you on Twitter for a full year. We don't know who they are yet, but we know you'll want them following you (on Twitter only)! You'll also receive the limited edition T-shirt and the PDF of the shooting script.

... seriously?

undrtakr900

“Darci’s Walk of Shame” is the story of a woman who can’t seem to find the right guy. She’s stuck in a pattern of bad relationships and is constantly under the scrutiny of her entire extended family. When she takes a trip to a tropical resort to attend her sister’s wedding…alone, she makes a snap decision to take a risk and step outside the box and wakes up alone in a stranger’s bed, left to find her way back to her family and take a very long, confusing walk of shame in a ridiculously bright colored taffeta bridesmaid’s gown through the island paradise. Darci spends the rest of the movie trying to undo what she thinks is the biggest mistake of her life."
Haha, apparantly having a one night stand is the "biggest" mistake one can make in her life and how the hell can you "undo" sleeping with someone?? Also based on her IRL age, but she has to be playing a woman who is well into her 30's and at age she should already have her (shit) together, not bemoaning a one night stand.
That video is fucking awful. If she really wants money for this shitty vanity project, get more creative than begging people and using the same exact structure as the Veronica Mars project.
More like they copied the exact same text and substituted "Veronica Mars" for "Walk of Shame", even the reward milestones are the same. Except who would want MJH to follow them on twitter or moreso give a voicemail message.

undrtakr900

But these are the greatest rewards ever.....

$1 pledge = Nothing! lol

$10 pledge = The SCRIPT!

$25 pledge = A supah-expensive t-shirt

$35 = The movie in digital form! (ONLY IN USA AND CANADA EVEN THO MOVIE IZ DIGITAL TROLOL)

$50 = A PHYSICAL DVDZZZ (fuck you Canada)

$75 = A MOOVIIIZ POZTERS (okay Canada we still love u)

$100 = RANDOMIZED NOBODIES WILL ADD U ON TWITTAHHH! (but Melissa won't add you because she's too good for a mere $100)

$125 = T-shirt ANNNNND the DVD!!! (ACTUALLY THO FUCK YOU CANADA)

#175 = SIIIIIGNNNNED poster + DVD (lol Canada)

$200 = SIGNED PAPER COPY OF THE SCRIPT OMG OMG OMG MEGATON

$250 = END CREDITTSSS REFERENCE

$300 = The holy grail. Her Majesty, MELISSA the Incomparable will graciously allow her divine hand to add you on Twitter, and keepeth so for a period of exactly 365 days upon which, you shall be discarded.

$500 = ONE twenty-second recording sent TO YOUR VOICEMAIL by Her Majesty Melissa Joan Hart's mellifluous, ethereal, majestic voice.

$1000 = AFTERR PARRTTTAAYYY

$2500 = You MAY be in the movie as an extra. Just might...if we're feeling generous. (Although you may get nothing just because lol)

$3500 = HAVE LUNCH WITH HER HOLINESS MELISSA OMG OMG OMG

$5000 = Receive clothing THAT MELISSA HAS WORN ON HER BODY ONE TIME.

$6000 = Receive A DRESS THAT MELISSA HAS WORN ON HER BODY ONE TIME.

$6500 = NAME a random, not-important character in the show. THAT'S RIGHT BITCHES, you get to NAME SOMEONE.

$8000 = You get to yell "ACTION!" one time. But just once tho.

$10000 = You get to say FIVE words in the movie. FIVE. WORDS. SAID. BY. YOU.

$10000 = Melissa will graciously attend your wedding. YOUR. MOTHERFUCKIN. WEDDING.
06lYEo.gif

PatDH

Pledge $100 or more

Limited (98 of 100 left)

Two of our main cast members (not Melissa Joan Hart) will follow you on Twitter for a full year. We don't know who they are yet, but we know you'll want them following you (on Twitter only)! You'll also receive the limited edition T-shirt and the PDF of the shooting script.

... seriously?

Yeah, I had to laugh at this. What the hell.

jb1234

Yeah I kinda feel bad for her now. This is pretty humiliating and isnt doing (whatever is left of) her career any favor.

While she's clearly not the movie star she wants to be, she *is* still working a regular television gig which is more than a lot of actors get. I feel bad for this Kickstarter being a massive ego burn but I don't feel especially bad for her, as she's still working and is a multi-millionaire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom