• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Lotto

Any of yall shop at sammydress.com? Browsing the shirts and liking a few shirts on there.

took a quick look at the site and i'd say avoid like the plague. they have those mannequin fit clothes that are pinned like crazy and will never actually fit that way. i imagine the quality of most of these clothes are rubbish considering the prices. having said that, i have no actual experience using the site or wearing any of these clothes but it just screams avoid.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Finally bit the bullet and bought a Barbour. Ended up going with the Ashby in olive, showed up today and I'm super happy with it. Should serve me well once the cold, wet, and generally crappy Pittsburgh weather kicks in.

I was actually prepared to return it because I've tried on a few other Barbour jackets, and the fit was always ridiculous on me since I'm fairly skinny. Went with an XS and the fit is spot on.

yko3BMB.jpg

Toilet selfies aaahh

Where's the animal-print from? I like.

y2dvd

took a quick look at the site and i'd say avoid like the plague. they have those mannequin fit clothes that are pinned like crazy and will never actually fit that way. i imagine the quality of most of these clothes are rubbish considering the prices. having said that, i have no actual experience using the site or wearing any of these clothes but it just screams avoid.

Yeah I was looking at users photos and it looks nowhere near as good on the average joe. I knew the price was too good to be true.

I bought Warby Parker frames 3 years ago and am looking at getting something new, have any other internet retailers popped up since then with better stuff?

Never really explored FashGAF, but figured I'd post some photos. I'm on the right. The man on the left is my really close friend and the man who taught me how to dress. It was his 33rd Birthday. He actually styles all of my photoshoots for my apparel company; Battle District Apparel.

2HttfcPl.jpg

XMJXHQLl.jpg

4K2wKIHl.jpg

y2dvd

Never really explored FashGAF, but figured I'd post some photos. I'm on the right. The man on the left is my really close friend and the man who taught me how to dress. It was his 33rd Birthday. He actually styles all of my photoshoots for my apparel company; Battle District Apparel.

2HttfcPl.jpg

XMJXHQLl.jpg

4K2wKIHl.jpg

Looking sharp. Where yall get them pants?

Quick

Banned
Anybody seen Spectre yet?

Because grenadine ties. Fucking grenadine ties everywhere.

It also dawned on me that I need more white shirts. I have too many patterned shirts now, but no whites or solid colours.

The best shirts I have right now all come from H&M. Their easy-iron shirts have been surprisingly solid in quality and feel. Fit is good too. Either I'm washing them just right, or it's about to fall apart anytime soon.

Looking sharp. Where yall get them pants?

2HttfcPh.jpg

Left -
Top: Abercrombie
Pant: Diesel Shioner
Boot: Gordon Rush Military Boot

Right (Me) -
Hat: H&M
Glasses: Shuron Ronsir Revelation
Top: Banana Republic
Vest: J. Crew
Pant: Levi 511
Boot: Mercanti Fiorentini

feeling it.

THANKS!

THANK YOU!

You should post in here more bro.

Thank you, I will. I'm more into Athletic Apparel, but I clean up nice.

I like it. I like the location, too.

Del Frisco's Grille Washington, DC they have a beautiful wine displacy, so we took advantage.

Anth0ny

If you ever need inspiration for men's fashion, watch a James Bond movie. Holy fuck. Watched Spectre today and all I could think was "I need to buy that shirt" or "that suit is sick as fuck".

brb shopping

Quick

Banned
2HttfcPh.jpg

Left -
Top: Abercrombie
Pant: Diesel Shioner
Boot: Gordon Rush Military Boot

Right (Me) -
Hat: H&M
Glasses: Shuron Ronsir Revelation
Top: Banana Republic
Vest: J. Crew
Pant: Levi 511
Boot: Mercanti Fiorentini

THANKS!

THANK YOU!

Thank you, I will. I'm more into Athletic Apparel, but I clean up nice.

Del Frisco's Grille Washington, DC they have a beautiful wine displacy, so we took advantage.

I meant to comment on your initial post, but I like your style. You pull it off well, and effortlessly. And you can also pull off that hat. Not many people I've seen in person really do.

If you ever need inspiration for men's fashion, watch a James Bond movie. Holy fuck. Watched Spectre today and all I could think was "I need to buy that shirt" or "that suit is sick as fuck".

brb shopping

No kidding. I wanna buy every shade of grenadine tie colours out there now.

But I like Craig's casual wear in the movie - it's really simple, and it works well. Suit game is on point, too.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Uniqlo opening in Seattle was a shit show. The store is easily a third the size of the others I've been to, 45 minute waits for the fitting room (the line completely blocked off parts of the store -- hope no one wanted any socks, underwear, or PJs), 50+ people in line at the register, no Lemaire collection being carried there, etc.

Dany

Banned
Uniqlo opening in Seattle was a shit show. The store is easily a third the size of the others I've been to, 45 minute waits for the fitting room (the line completely blocked off parts of the store -- hope no one wanted any socks, underwear, or PJs), 50+ people in line at the register, no Lemaire collection being carried there, etc.

I've yet to go to the one in Chicago, it opened up several weeks ago but it seems to be doing well. The store looks massive, 3rd, 4th floor iirc of a building.

Top Bottom