• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Hair |OT|

Some more hairspiration.

tumblr_md2pn46Q3r1qz6fvao1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mba90vksCS1rhq0opo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mbx0erg1Mb1rdh5ujo1_500.jpg

tumblr_md4c3n6Ew81rr6x8yo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lw6zgceND51qlen1jo1_500.jpg

Jheromes

Neo Member
I get my hair did at Schorem Haarsnijder en Barbier in Rotterdam (Netherlands), they specialize in the high top, tight shave style of the 50's (lot of pomps and quiffs) and their barbershop is only accessible to men. Women are not allowed in.

They have a lot of pictures on their Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/Schorem?fref=ts) for inspiration.

You could also check out a few videos to get a taste at what they're all about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-Yq2XtBVHc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlXGfbeYF68

How often do you guys get your hair cut?

I go about once every three weeks, but usually by then my hair is a complete mess in the back and on the sides.

Some more hairspiration.
Loving a few of these looks, particularly the 1st one.

I'm looking to try something different with my hair. I plan on keeping it long on the top, but having it short on the sides as well. Want to try something different with the styling mainly.

Hey I had a question for you guys. I'm starting to thin out/balding but I still have enough hair on my head to look decent and I really want to do everything I can to preserve it. I've been looking into Rogaine but I keep hearing conflicting things on wether it does/doesn't work and wether it will actually cause you to go bald quicker if you use it and then stop using it. Has anyone here ever used it?

Also, would you guys recommend I switch to organic shampoo? Right now I use pretty standard brands like V08 but I was reading that the chemical sodium laureth sulfate found in most shampoos is actually very bad for your hair and causes thinness/hair loss. I would really appreciate some gaf recommendations on what I should do.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Alright Gaf,

Layrite-Deluxe-Pomade-1-ounce.jpg

Layrite 1 oz cans are only 6.99. Gonna order some, and a few other things to get rid of some of the AC bulk in the OP.

If only I could decide whether or not I need strong hold...

FreezeSSC

what product would you guys recommend that would hold through a long work out? like it wont break down with sweat? i've tried the american fiber and just regular gel my hair always ends up sweating it out.... i was going to try murray's but i figured i'd see if anyone recommends anything better.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
what product would you guys recommend that would hold through a long work out? like it wont break down with sweat? i've tried the american fiber and just regular gel my hair always ends up sweating it out.... i was going to try murray's but i figured i'd see if anyone recommends anything better.
Imo, murrays hold makes fiber look like nothing. Haha

Still need to decide if I'm going to get something extravagant/different when I get my hair cut this weekend.

The problem is, I feel like a lot of the looks posted in this thread might not end up looking anywhere as good in real life as they do in the photos. Also, I'll need to step my hair styling game up if indeed I'm going to get something new. I don't want a fancy cut that I can't style appropriately.

Tekniqs

Yeah it really sucks, I have to get a haircut pretty often to not have it look like a helmet. I have been searching for a solution for years but nothing works.

that's how my hair used to be...then one day i decided to buzz it. as it was growing out, I was styling it in spikes...now my hair grows straight up without me doing anything lol

Still need to decide if I'm going to get something extravagant/different when I get my hair cut this weekend.

The problem is, I feel like a lot of the looks posted in this thread might not end up looking anywhere as good in real life as they do in the photos. Also, I'll need to step my hair styling game up if indeed I'm going to get something new. I don't want a fancy cut that I can't style appropriately.

I don't know how long your hair is now but from what I can tell your hair seems straight and manageable so it could work well with longer styles. Most of these guys probably just put some product in and throughout the day just run their hand through their hair to make sure it's in place. Some people are just that blessed.

stn

I hate this thread, lol. My hair is soooooo soft that I can barely style anything. I can't even do a buzzcut. I always get told by women that they wish they had my hair - that should tell you how shiny and soft it is.

Normally I wouldn't care much but my hair seems to define whether I look good or not as good on a given day. No point in using any product because wind just screws me over. I have to get it cut really short for anything, except my hairline has a dumb shape so it doesn't look ideal. The only look I can do is messy. Sucks.

I hate this thread, lol. My hair is soooooo soft that I can barely style anything. I can't even do a buzzcut. I always get told by women that they wish they had my hair - that should tell you how shiny and soft it is.

Normally I wouldn't care much but my hair seems to define whether I look good or not as good on a given day. No point in using any product because wind just screws me over. I have to get it cut really short for anything, except my hairline has a dumb shape so it doesn't look ideal. The only look I can do is messy. Sucks.

Hey man at least you got hair.

Any pics for shorter stuff?
The combination of people thinking I got my hair style from and awful awfuuul tv show Ive never even watched The only way is essex, think of it like being compared to the main guy from jersey shore or something and just being abit tired of the undercut.

Maybe something like Gosling? going to be odd not having hair past my nose when I get out of the shower thats for sure.

Any pics for shorter stuff?
The combination of people thinking I got my hair style from and awful awfuuul tv show Ive never even watched The only way is essex, think of it like being compared to the main guy from jersey shore or something and just being abit tired of the undercut.

Maybe something like Gosling? going to be odd not having hair past my nose when I get out of the shower thats for sure.

How short are we talking?

Short up the sides, bit of length up top? I dunno Im pretty open mined as my hair grows like crazy and is like dog hair, so damn thick.

Here is the last few years cuts more or less.
My most recent is a page back. What I learnt most recently is a 1 all the way up for an undercut was not as good as a 2 but I tried it anyway as my side hair grows out, not down so the shorter that is the longer it takes before I get wound up by it haha

I7vlH.jpg

whitehawk

Banned
This thread makes me mad at my barber. She used the thinning scissors too much on my hair. I like my thick hair the way it is :(

Have to make sure to tell the next person to lay off.

Love this hair. I currently get my hair cut about every 3 weeks.

Curious to know though.. Is it even possible for an Asian guy to achieve this hair? I'm half korean/half white..

the sides and back of my head the hair sticks straight out even when short. Anyway of being able to counteract this?

Only way I could think of would be weighing it down with a pomade.

I had a major hair meltdown the other day and it totally ruined my mood. Just one of those days where it would not cooperate no matter what. Whenever I tried to brush it back there would be a few stray hairs that just wouldn't go and instead, they'd hover right above my forehead. Not cool.

I need it to be Saturday. Still need to decide exactly what I'm going to go in and get but at this point, anything will be better.

I had a major hair meltdown the other day and it totally ruined my mood. Just one of those days where it would not cooperate no matter what. Whenever I tried to brush it back there would be a few stray hairs that just wouldn't go and instead, they'd hover right above my forehead. Not cool.

I need it to be Saturday. Still need to decide exactly what I'm going to go in and get but at this point, anything will be better.

You could always shave it and get rid of the problem altogether.

iYmta2AWBJ9k3.jpg

My friend did that recently.
I say recently but really I have had my hair cut maybe 9 times since he did,ist maybe reached a grade 3/4 by now and it was not a great look for him either.

Yager

Banned
I really like a lot of the hairstyles you people are pulling out...unfortunately, I think I'm starting to lose hair (and I'm 22 :-/ ), and the fact that I have a pretty thin one doesn't help, so I doubt any of that would look good on me. To compensate, I'm in the process of letting my beard grow to achieve something like this:

(not as messy, but something like that)

Top Bottom