• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Let me get this straight. A Sony troll from the PlayStation Discord sends a DM saying bad stuff about the owner of this site and pretends to be an Xbox fanboy saying it's SonyGAF & Sony ponies and then you and he have a chat. He tells you to post his DM in the NeoGAF thread and you do it??? Sounds pretty iffy to me.

Let me get this straight. A Sony troll from the PlayStation Discord sends a DM saying bad stuff about the owner of this site and pretends to be an Xbox fanboy saying it's SonyGAF & Sony ponies and then you and he have a chat. He tells you to post his DM in the NeoGAF thread and you do it??? Sounds pretty iffy to me.

giphy.gif

THEAP99

Banned
THEAP99 THEAP99 the entire thing was clear to me the moment you posted a screenshot with Destroya and Alpha(if you even wanted to have a chance at what you were attempting, atleast scrub their names). We banned these trolls from our discord and I know all their names, one of them is still not banned since he has not broken any rules and is a joke anyway. You couldnt post anything controversial from me and I can easily post the whole context. Even with your reputation online, you literally used the same username to join GAF. Also, who the hell are you to GAF ? Why would someone send "We are coming" to you and not anyone else ? I have done my part and will now take the backseat and have some tea.

7e1DXLL.gif

P.S. We also lurk your discord but with different accounts. You guys were just too obvious.
i have no idea who destroya and alpha are. other than destroya messaging me. and yeah, i like having my account universal on my gaming stuff. still don't know your point.
Why would they send this to me? I literally have no clue and am just as lost as you are:
219d52ebb66649d4551f35524ec593e1.png
96d0d03b96b913a9cc749194e9f9d753.png

And whoever this is said SonyGaf. That doesn't just make it seem like it's directed towards me.

P.S. We also lurk your discord but with different accounts. You guys were just too obvious.
What are you even talking about? "Too obvious" about what?!?! Lady, i am really lost and legit 100% don't even know what you're referring to at all and trying to insinuate

THEAP99

Banned
Are you being serious? How often am I even on this website actually posting about console war stuff? I legit have no idea about what the hell goes on in regards to drama on here or on console war discords. All I know is that destroya sent me a DM saying that stuff, and I shared it here as I wanted to be banned because I don't/didn't want part or to be targeted in whatever that person was planning on doing.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Are you being serious? How often am I even on this website actually posting about console war stuff? I legit have no idea about what the hell goes on in regards to drama on here or on console war discords. All I know is that destroya sent me a DM saying that stuff, and I shared it here as I wanted to be banned because I don't/didn't want part or to be targeted in whatever that person was planning on doing.

To be clear, not our Destroya, who is a good guy.

Saber

Gold Member

Sonytroll: Do it...plaaaayaa

ABEeADs.gif

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Oh no. A bunch of no life REEEEEEjects who think they will hurt GAF. Whatever shall we do? /s

Let the kids throw their temper tantrum. At least we know Lady Bern is a blatant troll now.
True, but it is always nice to have confirmation on those assumptions.

I am more curious as to why they do it. What do they get out of wasting their time like that instead of... playing games? Bernkastel Bernkastel How about you provide some insight?
So, what were you saying about me being a blatant troll ?

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
So, what were you saying about me being a blatant troll ?

I admit, I was wrong to call you out for this particular case and I do apologize. However, I still hold that you are a blatant console warrior and that is no different than a troll in my eyes - but this whole AP thing is far more juicy to watch go down. Thanks for the context on the situation and the laughs.

Bernkastel

Prevents honest discourse in gaming threads. Console warring does nothing but derail and antagonize, shitting up a thread. Proper discussion in games is why I come to GAF, not to see kids throw hissy fits trying to defend their chosen box. There is a reason why the mods and community are pushing back against it.
Weird that most of my so called "blatant console wars" comes from people bumping Xbox threads with Sony PR. Do you seriously do that without expecting any rebuttal ? I have never bumped Playstation threads though.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Why do any of you care so much?

It’s fine as it is now. Everything is low-key. They’re still warring, but they’re not doing it excessively obnoxiously, and there’s plenty of room for intelligent conversation.

A few months ago though, it was completely retarded. Nobody could get a word in edgewise without some drooling mongoloid pounding its chest, usually attacking. It even drove John of Digital Foundry away from the site, presumably forever, after one decided to throw every insult in the book at him for just providing rational, informative analysis.

In general, less and less intelligent people were participating, and plastic wars were getting stupider and louder.

That isn’t what I want to come read when I have a few minutes to just chill, and I pull out my phone.

Bernkastel

For those wondering why I only scrubbed one guy, the other guy is a mod to r/xboxseriesx. Most of the people in that discord server are people who post in Xbox subreddits and know shit about GAF or ERA. Since, some idiots stalked me to my discord chart logs, I dont want to involve them in this mess. Besides josh was already exposed in ap's first screenshot.

nush

not to see kids throw hissy fits trying to defend their chosen box.

That's what they are though, kids. The only reason for warring is that they can only afford one console their parents will only buy one so they need validation they made the "Right" choice. Otherwise they'd be part of the master race or just buy all the consoles. Every-time they get modded they always snitch like a schoolkid by pointing at someone else "But sir, look what that kid said! He did it worse and didn't get punished".

Well this Discord drama stuff has been a weird ride. Let me see if I can put together some kind of timeline of the series of events to make sense of it for those who still have no idea what the hell is going on. I'm still trying to parse it all but below is the best I can make of it.

First, let us introduce our players!

1. Bernkastel Bernkastel is seemingly a hardcore Xbox fan and is part of some Xbox fan related sub reddits and associated discords?.

2. THEAP99 THEAP99 is seemingly a hardcore Sony fan, to the point of famously getting upset, crying and butthurt on a livestream about some previous Sony exclusives being ported to PC. He also seemingly has a large online footprint/history to showcase his love for all things Sony. Also is (was? potentially banned now?) a member of Ree, where he mentions them on his live stream. He is a member of Sony fan related discords/sub reddits?.

3. Some random Sony fan named "DESTROYA", no relation to our own well liked DESTROYA DESTROYA (May have actually copied his online identity/username?).

The events that transpired:

1. This random "DESTROYA" guy, while in the same PS5 Sony fan related Discord channel (?) as THEAP99 THEAP99 decided to send him a private message, claimed to be unprompted and out of the blue.

2. The private message contains a quote from a completely separate Discord chat/channel. The quote appears to be from an Xbox fan related Discord? (Not super clear but I think this is what happened). The quote shows Bernkastel Bernkastel mention that they are sick of seeing magical SSD threads on GAF being posted by Sony fans.

3. This "DESTROYA" fellow, decides that seeing this wicked blasphemy (and wholly original complaint) mentioned in the quoted segment against his lord Sony and the sacred PS5, that he cannot let it go unpunished. In retaliation for this fairly benign comment made in a competing console fan Discord, he must unleash the dogs of war on GAF as a whole for....existing? Having Bernkastel Bernkastel as a member? Allowing non favorable or non praising comments related to PS5 to exist? Not super clear, but by the Old Gods and the New: He will have his revenge!

4. "DESTROYA" is seemingly trying to imply that he is a disgruntled Xbox fan (?), sent under command of Bernkastel Bernkastel and her fellow Xbox lieutenants to wage war against Sony GAF? I'm assuming this is supposed to be a "false flag" type operation?

5. THEAP99 THEAP99 is confused by this, has apparently never seen or spoken to this "DESTROYA" fellow before. THEAP99 THEAP99 only wants peace and is so terrified by this random PM from someone he has never spoken to and has no association with, who claims to be from an opposing console fanboy faction, that he simply wants no part in the swift retaliation purported to be coming his way. The only solution he sees is to shut down his Neogaf account. It is the only way to save himself, nay GAF as a whole from the onslaught of disgruntled Xbox fans readying for war against the Sony faithful, amassing at the shores of our great forum paradise.

6. THEAP99 THEAP99 being new to both the internet and forums, is like a newborn: innocent, naive, not knowledgeable and experienced in worldly ways such as how to close his Neogaf forum account. With no way to find out this knowledge and no obvious place to turn to he asks the only person he can, his would be attacker and harbinger of war, "DESTROYA".

7. "DESTROYA" instructs him to post a screenshot of their PM chain on GAF and to ask EviLore EviLore to ban him. He insinuates that the mere sight of this PM chain would result in an instant ban on Neogaf.

8. THEAP99 THEAP99 decides the only way to save himself and all of GAF is to follow the command of his new found enemy. He posts a screenshot of the private message he received. However being so new and inexperienced with the internet he fumbles the instructions. You see in his panic he haphazardly forgot to mention that he would like to be banned from Neogaf and have his account closed as a result of this unprompted PM he received on a completely unrelated site discord channel.

In his rush to save himself he also only posted a screenshot of small snippet of the PM chain he received. In his error, he, a known hardcore Sony fan accidentally implicates Bernkastel Bernkastel a known hardcore Xbox fan as being involved in this would be attack on him. All a simple error of omission you see, he also forgets in his panic to divulge the full context of this conversation he had foisted upon him unwillingly and slowly drip feeds further details as the thread goes on.

9. Bernkastel Bernkastel feeling attacked by the accusations of being a troll and somehow being involved in this whole mess enters the thread to defend themselves. Unearths more information, including the context of the original messages and also pertinent character information on THEAP99 THEAP99 . Unfortunately feeling so attacked in the process lashes out at some members in paranoia, muddying the waters and confusing the situation. Console wars are a hell of a drug. ManaByte ManaByte confirms the character information related to THEAP99 THEAP99 and mentions he has had unpleasant off site interactions.

10. THEAP99 THEAP99 maintains both innocence to Bernkastel Bernkastel 's accusations/evidence and ignorance to what everyone is talking about. Each post from THEAP99 THEAP99 continues devolve into worse and worse grammar/spelling as the thread wanes on.

11. A general consensus is formed that Bernkastel Bernkastel is most likely innocent to any accusations insinuated as a result of THEAP99 THEAP99 's posts. Posters chill out a little more while famed aussie troll Cunth Cunth concludes that we should "Get that discord shit outta here ugghhh". The thread readily agrees with a hearty laugh at the expense of console warriors and secret fanboy discords.

Top Bottom