• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Tesseract

Banned
77ee612d6e509b541e0fd87b5a4fcfe9.jpg

Saber

Gold Member
i saw that the clown world thread name has been changed to his username but what gave him the awards anyways?

The title was changed first to something which I dunno at the time, for specific reasons. He had a "nice" conversation with the mod and they decided to honor his name to the gods by giving his name to the thread. This is the far I know, maybe someone could be more into details.

Last edited:

nush

in the clown world thread?

i saw that the clown world thread name has been changed to his username but what gave him the awards anyways?

"Clown world" is a phase that's been adopted by some actual Alt Right groups even though the topic predates its use by those groups. So it was flagged by Google, not wanting the association and hit to ad revenue Evilore changed it to Mad world and explained the reason for the change.
Hariseldon popped off about bowing down to censorship and got modded for it.

Barnabot

"Clown world" is a phase that's been adopted by some actual Alt Right groups even though the topic predates its use by those groups. So it was flagged by Google, not wanting the association and hit to ad revenue Evilore changed it to Mad world and explained the reason for the change.
Hariseldon popped off about bowing down to censorship and got modded for it.
i see. clown world was a very fitting name. sadly google liberal bias speaks loudly on any matter.

Nymphae

Banned
i see. clown world was a very fitting name. sadly google liberal bias speaks loudly on any matter.

Again does anyone even know what this supposed link is between the phrase and any high profile undesirables? I've only ever heard this used on forums and I've never seen a single high profile news story anywhere that featured this, unlike Pepe's and NPC memes, shit like that. This one really does blow me away, it's such a mundane expression of disapproval of the culture, I just can't fathom what the complaint even was or what it's basis is. If that has to go you'd think a lot of shit here would need to go.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
"Clown world" is a phase that's been adopted by some actual Alt Right groups

Where? Who? What?

I do find it pretty amazing. Like when I was growing up it was pretty common to call idiots clowns. Hey you fucking clown stop doing that, what are you a clown, etc. You use it as a catch all phrase for cultural idiocy and all of a sudden you're on a list with hate groups? gtfoh it's nonsense

Last edited:

Barnabot

Again does anyone even know what this supposed link is between the phrase and any high profile undesirables? I've only ever heard this used on forums and I've never seen a single high profile news story anywhere that featured this, unlike Pepe's and NPC memes, shit like that. This one really does blow me away, it's such a mundane expression of disapproval of the culture, I just can't fathom what the complaint even was or what it's basis is. If that has to go you'd think a lot of shit here would need to go.
don't worry they will eventually until you have nothing left to complain about because you'd living in a spiral of silence then.

nush

Where? Who? What?

I do find it pretty amazing. Like when I was growing up it was pretty common to call idiots clowns. Hey you fucking clown stop doing that, what are you a clown, etc. You use it as a catch all phrase for cultural idiocy and all of a sudden you're on a list with hate groups? gtfoh it's nonsense

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
After accidentally hitting the report button on myself, I kind of wonder why that's a thing.

"Hello moderators? I just made some very questionable posts and I'd like to turn myself in."
I've used it to have my posts deleted; sometimes people use your shit as a jump point to derail a thread
I'll self report that shit all day
Only I get to use my evil for evil

Lol do you spin for this label or something?
Keep postin' them

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Has anyone bothered to check out the Xbox Power King Memes Thread?

Holy shit, I thought Jim was exaggerating when he said it was a cesspool of bitching and gossiping about Pro-Sony members.

When did these kinds of threads become okay on GAF?
lol it was that way from the start. I put the thread on ignore after the first week. Half of the "Xbox memes" were actually just various recycled gifs showing how Xbox was going to dominate/rape/obliterate/etc the Playstation brand. After the 70th or 80th "joke" about teraflops it got old.

lol it was that way from the start. I put the thread on ignore after the first week. Half of the "Xbox memes" were actually just various recycled gifs showing how Xbox was going to dominate/rape/obliterate/etc the Playstation brand. After the 70th or 80th "joke" about teraflops it got old.
Its disturbing how it just transformed into GAF's own Lipstick Alley.

Some lowlife recently quoted my thread and said "intro to drugs" despite that thread getting a lot of likes and discussions.

Top Bottom