• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Neither does V'Ger.

ZgA3FGt.jpg
lol your power ranking is all out of whack

-Arcadia-

Banned
Is all this community is anymore, just posting outside links? That's fine if you're Tesseract and have made an art form out of it, but for everyone else...

There's always been shitposting in here, but funny, enjoyable stuff that created friendships and was a blast to read. People actually creating their own content and socializing.

This is just... shit posting. And it's making what was formerly one of the most fun threads on the site to read, a complete non-starter.

I've gone from being in here every day, to just knowing it's going to be the exact same spam shit, and not caring anymore.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Is all this community is anymore, just posting outside links? That's fine if you're Tesseract and have made an art form out of it, but for everyone else...

There's always been shitposting in here, but funny, enjoyable stuff that created friendships and was a blast to read. People actually creating their own content and socializing.

This is just... shit posting. And it's making what was formerly one of the most fun threads on the site to read, a complete non-starter.

I've gone from being in here every day, to just knowing it's going to be the exact same spam shit, and not caring anymore.
cool-story-bro-5.jpg

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
We all rich sheltered ladies here.

Last edited:

O-N-E

We've all been patient in service of letting people have their fun, or maybe besf discover how to fit in.

It's about time to assert that this isn't your fucking Facebook to dump whatever link on.

Hey, my post about being worried I won't have material for the butt thread is the most META this thread has been in 10s of pages.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
To elaborate further...

If you have something cool from outside, sure, post it. But if it's pages upon pages of nothing but link posting, why aren't you in the social media or funny picture thread?
Not to be obstinate; but why care?

The meta of the thread can change in the meta thread, IMO

Le Flex-Thread

Nymphae

Banned
To elaborate further...

If you have something cool from outside, sure, post it. But if it's pages upon pages of nothing but link posting, why aren't you in the social media or funny picture thread?

It's weird to see someone other than me complain about the direction of this thread for once lol. I try not to get in the way anymore and just let it do what it's going to do. It ebbs and flows a lot and that's cool. I get your point and agree to an extent, but I do also appreciate new regulars to the thread like IbizaPocholo IbizaPocholo dropping dope tracks and funny gifs, yeah he could post them in the Listening Too thread or whatever, but it adds flavour here, I've been digging his posts. I feel like I've never really seen him post very much outside of news items, and it was cool to see him frequent this thread to bring us some joy. Sometimes it does feel like the thread goes off the rails for a while, but I always end up coming back to check out what's going on and throw Tess some likes for his crazy shit lol

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
It's weird to see someone other than me complain about the direction of this thread for once lol. I try not to get in the way anymore and just let it do what it's going to do. It ebbs and flows a lot and that's cool. I get your point and agree to an extent, but I do also appreciate new regulars to the thread like IbizaPocholo IbizaPocholo dropping dope tracks and funny gifs, yeah he could post them in the Listening Too thread or whatever, but it adds flavour here, I've been digging his posts. I feel like I've never really seen him post very much outside of news items, and it was cool to see him frequent this thread to bring us some joy. Sometimes it does feel like the thread goes off the rails for a while, but I always end up coming back to check out what's going on and throw Tess some likes for his crazy shit lol
You're right this thread would be so much better without Nintendo fans

-Arcadia-

Banned
It's weird to see someone other than me complain about the direction of this thread lol. I try not to get in the way anymore and just let it do what it's going to do. It ebbs and flows a lot and that's cool. I get your point and agree to an extent, but I do also appreciate new regulars to the thread like IbizaPocholo IbizaPocholo dropping dope tracks and funny gifs, yeah he could post them in the Listening Too thread or whatever, but it adds flavour here, I've been digging his posts. I feel like I've never really seen him post very much outside of news items, and it was cool to see him frequent this thread to bring us some joy. Sometimes it does feel like the thread goes off the rails for a while, but I always end up coming back to check out what's going on and throw Tess some likes for his crazy shit lol

That was my attitude at first, but after weeks of just seeing entire pages flooded in links, it feels like the thread is losing its character and everything that made it good in the first place.

Everything in moderation. Music to zen to, or an intellectually stimulating tweet, are value adds, but read the room. If its nothing but that kind of content at the moment, or you're posting nothing but that kind of content, maybe scale back for a bit so you don't drown out literally everything else.

The alternative is that this thread is going to flush itself down the toilet or become a Media Links OT.

Ornlu

Banned

covfefe

IbizaPocholo IbizaPocholo needs a 56k warning on his posts :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom