• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which GAF members have the best tastes in Gaming?

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Yeah.

Okay so, anyone that has been around the GAF for a while knows that a common topic of discussion is this thing called gaming taste and who has the better one.

You know how playing one game is cool, then suddenly a while later it's not? That's what I'm talking about. I basically made this thread to know what you guys think about the way gamers on GAF are evaluated (and often categorized) based on their particular tastes in games, and if you think it's right or not.

I personally don't care about having a 'cool' gaming taste, I just play what I like.

That said, I think Danjin44 Danjin44 , NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt , and Heimdall_Xtreme Heimdall_Xtreme all have exceptional tastes when comes to videogames.

What about you?

I think I am going to cry.
:messenger_crying:
luigi-crying.gif

xD just kidding :messenger_winking_tongue:

Thanks... it's just that I like cult games or that few people play.

Plus I have my computerized brain programmed, I know more than 500 individual video games, so I know something xD

Last edited:

zeldaring

Banned
My tops 10 games

Sekiro
super street fighter 2 turbo
GOW 2018
arkham city
Mario 64
Link to the past
last of us
MGS all of them with v having the best gameplay
zelda OOT
bloodborne
ninja gaiden black
gran turismo franchise
resident evil 4

This is what i call the best taste in gaming, my taste. lol

Last edited:

Fredrik

Don’t know but it’ll be someone who…

…thought Metroid Dread was the best game when GAF somehow voted Halo Infinite to GOTY.

or

…voted Elden Ring to GOTY last year.

or

…enjoyed playing Cyberpunk when almost everybody was hating on it just because it was broken on consoles.

or

…enjoy playing Starfield even if it’s not the best game of all time.

or

…still think Super Metroid is among the best games of all time or even THE best game of all time.

Sleepwalker

We tend to love AC games and other Ubisoft games, yet 99% of gaffers shit on Ubisoft just for the sake of it.:messenger_downcast_sweat::messenger_downcast_sweat:

Release AAA assassin creed game on a consistent annual or biannual schedule
GAF: Another copy paste shit job bi Ubi
Take 3 years to release new AC game
GAF: Ubisoft is in turmoil

Release new Far cry game
GAF: Its the same as 3 4 and 5

They haven't showed much of avatar and it's already been called far cry with blue arms.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Release AAA assassin creed game on a consistent annual or biannual schedule
GAF: Another copy paste shit job bi Ubi
Take 3 years to release new AC game
GAF: Ubisoft is in turmoil

Release new Far cry game
GAF: Its the same as 3 4 and 5

They haven't showed much of avatar and it's already been called far cry with blue arms.

Avatar is day one to me, might do the usual and get the gold edition for future DLC's. Also I love Far Cry and the latest one was extremely brilliant and explored/finished every corner of the map! But FC2 is the GOAT, the best story/lore with the best hardcore gameplay.

Roberts

Lots of people but I'll just say that Roberts Roberts knows his indie games. Plays a lot of stuff most people miss and can give thoughtful commentary on all of it.
You are too kind. I'm just a dumbass who always had a unhealthy obsession with underdog stuff in both films and games. And that is why I like how passionate you are about games like Wanted: Dead or Exoprimal, you know stuff that most people write off because they don't offer the polish of bigger, more expensive games.

Well this is going to be a long list but I'll touch a bit on each group of users I'll be mentioning:

GHG GHG DeepEnigma DeepEnigma Topher Topher Heisenberg007 Heisenberg007 for well thought out takes on various gaming related things, with emphasis on business side of the industry and also the big 3.
rofif rofif StereoVsn StereoVsn Rocco Schiavone Rocco Schiavone forever physical gang
cormack12 cormack12 mortal mortal Draugoth Draugoth for making great OTs.
NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt Heimdall_Xtreme Heimdall_Xtreme SlimeGooGoo SlimeGooGoo For having great taste in waifus.
Luminoth-4545 Luminoth-4545 Woopah Woopah Good at reading HW and SW sales data and correctly interpreting trends in various markets.
adamsapple adamsapple for knowing all there is about the Xbox ecosystem and keeping some of the gafers that like to give hot takes about Xbox in check
Kerotan Kerotan for being a bit too passionate about home console sales figures.
drganon drganon graywolf323 graywolf323 for calling out stupid takes on GAF and also for having good taste in JRPGs.
SlimySnake SlimySnake GymWolf GymWolf For talking all day long about graphical fidelity in next-gen (current-gen) games lol.
Loxus Loxus Mr.Phoenix Mr.Phoenix TheRedRiders TheRedRiders for having a very good handle on the tech side of hardware.
Danjin44 Danjin44 Kurotri Kurotri YukiOnna YukiOnna Isa Isa NanaMiku NanaMiku JRPG gang (there's many more I'd like to mention here, but then the list would get too long)
German Hops German Hops Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage for being funny af and making me laugh.
John Marston John Marston Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem For keeping GAF servers alive with their gold donations lol.
OverHeat OverHeat For having the most expensive PC build on GAF!!
64bitmodels 64bitmodels for their love of handheld gaming, specifically steam deck.
SEGA_2012 SEGA_2012 For being the realest GAF member I've seen on here.
T Tacitus_killgore17 For their spot-on emoji reactions on my and other people posts.

And there's more, but I'll leave it a that for now. 😅

Last edited:

BlackTron

When I think of which games have given me the most enjoyment/are most timeless this is what I get.

Smash Melee
Halo 1
Sonic 2
Starcraft/Brood War
Phantasy Star Online
Ocarina of Time
Link's Awakening
Super Mario RPG
Turtles in Time
Super Mario World
Castlevania Aria of Sorrow
Pokemon R/B/Y (I guess FireRed/LeafGreen instead)

I mean I play new games too but if I needed to pick 10 titles to be stranded on a desert island, it's gonna be tough to crack the old stuff

OverHeat

« generous god »
Well this is going to be a long list but I'll touch a bit on each group of users I'll be mentioning:

GHG GHG DeepEnigma DeepEnigma Topher Topher Heisenberg007 Heisenberg007 for well thought out takes on various gaming related things, with emphasis on business side of the industry and also the big 3.
rofif rofif StereoVsn StereoVsn Rocco Schiavone Rocco Schiavone forever physical gang
NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt Heimdall_Xtreme Heimdall_Xtreme SlimeGooGoo SlimeGooGoo For having great waifu taste.
Luminoth-4545 Luminoth-4545 Woopah Woopah Good at reading HW and SW sales data and correctly interpreting trends in various markets.
adamsapple adamsapple for knowing all there is about the Xbox ecosystem and keeping some of the gafers that like to give hot takes about Xbox in check
Kerotan Kerotan for being a bit too passionate about home console sales figures.
drganon drganon graywolf323 graywolf323 for calling out stupid takes on GAF and also for having good taste in JRPGs.
SlimySnake SlimySnake GymWolf GymWolf For talking all day long about graphical fidelity in next-gen (current-gen) games lol.
Loxus Loxus Mr.Phoenix Mr.Phoenix TheRedRiders TheRedRiders for having a very good handle on the tech side of hardware.
Danjin44 Danjin44 Kurotri Kurotri YukiOnna YukiOnna Isa Isa NanaMiku NanaMiku JRPG gang (there's many more I'd like to mention here, but then the list would get too long)
German Hops German Hops Maiden Voyage Maiden Voyage for being funny af and making me laugh.
John Marston John Marston Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem For keeping GAF servers alive with their gold donations lol.
64bitmodels 64bitmodels for their love of handheld gaming, specifically steam deck.
T Tacitus_killgore17 For their spot-on emoji reactions on my and other people posts.

Why I’m not on that list 😭

cormack12

Gold Member

NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt NotMyProblemAnymoreCunt Heimdall_Xtreme Heimdall_Xtreme SlimeGooGoo SlimeGooGoo For having great taste in waifus.

g54vlY.gif

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Inanilmaz

I think my taste is mostly to niche to be considered good for most people but:

Pokemon Yellow/ Crystal/ Sapphire
Yakuza 0
Phoenix Wright
Hotel Dusk
Another Code
Hamtaro
Loco Roco
Katamari
Plants vs Zombies
Hotline Miami
GTA series
Left 4 Dead 2
Portal

Haven't played yet but look promising: Earthbound, Shenmue.

Draugoth

Gold Member
The best games ever made is Life of Black Tiger, Redfall & The Last Hope: Dead Zone Survival,

As you can see i have great taste on game exclusives.

Last edited:
Top Bottom