• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown GAF Hype Check Meter

How hyped are you for The Lost Crown?

• Total voters

LakeOf9

This game has looked awesome for a while, and with previews and reviews really building it up as an all time great Prince of Persia game and an all time great metroidvania title, I am super hype for this. Prince of Persia is one of my favorite game series, I have played and loved every single one (yes, even Prince of Persia 3D), so I can't wait for this game

What about GAF, are you all hyped for this game?

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Dave Chappelle Prince GIF

All aboard the flop train

T4keD0wN

Playing it right now, really liking it so far although i am not very far yet. (anyone knows if you can hide the cursor?)

Last edited:
I've enjoyed the demo (finished it twice) but I won't be picking it day one since it will go into backlog most likely. Will def pick it up in a few months from now though.

Last edited:
This week I'm all in on Another Code, but this looks like a quality non-linear platform action game so I'll be checking it out sooner rather than later.

dottme

I put not really hype, but I’m really interested but I’ll wait for a sale anyway. I’m always waiting for sales.

amigastar

I mean it's metroidvania so i'm interested. But usually i don't associate Metroidvania with Prince of Persia so my hypelevel is not that high.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I found the Demo enjoyable but also very easy with no challenge whatsoever.
It's something I enjoyed with previous POP's, working out how to navigate the room.
The demo played like I played it before and I was doing a speed run.
I was tempted just to pick it up at the end of the demo as I was expecting it to be budget release.
About £15.99?
£44.99 WTF 😒
I didn't even pay that for Assassin's Creed Mirage and I still have POP: SOTR on preorder for £30
So deep sale for me.

Housh

It's great. Got the deluxe on the PC and been playing all night. Gonna install it on the Steam Deck cause I heard it runs great on there too.

Fbh

Looks cool, specially the platforming. But I'll wait for a sale.
Not a fan of the art direction, also money is a bit tight at the moment and $50 seems a bit steep for what it is

The high price is why some people are waiting on this game, myself included. I loved the demo but this isn't going to be my first quarter 49.99 purchase.
About £15.99?
My prediction: 34.99 summer sale, 19.99 winter sale.

I hope some of you will be interested in 11 months.

MiguelItUp

Playing it via Ubi+, really enjoying it. I figured $15 sounds about right to play for something I'm not too sure about. But I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. Solid metroidvania with good combat and fun platforming.

Skitso

Tried the demo and went in with slight hype but came out dissapointed.

It just lacks the weight of the movement originals had and the gameplay felt boring and unoriginal with simple and easy (at least on default) button smashing combat, boring dialogue and improving character with some "adds slight damage" necklace charms (yuck!). Didn't like the animations/visual style either. It feels like a glorified mobile game with all the 2d talking heads. No way this is a 50€ game.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I can give it a try but not at this price point. I will wait for Steam release and in result huge price drop. Seems like a good fit for the Deck.

Last edited:

Poppyseed

Tried the demo and went in with slight hype but came out dissapointed.

It just lacks the weight of the movement originals had and the gameplay felt boring and unoriginal with simple and easy (at least on default) button smashing combat, boring dialogue and improving character with some "adds slight damage" necklace charms (yuck!). Didn't like the animations/visual style either. It feels like a glorified mobile game with all the 2d talking heads. No way this is a 50€ game.
Felt the same. Screamed 5-6/10 game to me. Was honestly just bored.

Without even playing the game, people still make it seem like they want it to fail.
I think that some of the 3d PoP fans did want this to fail, to ‘teach’ Ubisoft a lesson regarding their mistreatment of the 3d games. I don’t think they expected a backfire like this, with a game by one of the 2d Rayman teams that’s rated in the high 80s.

Congrats to the team so far but they were honestly put between a rock and a hard place with this release, considering the state of the Sands of Time remaster.

Loved the demo, wasn't even on my radar before then (note to other devs: demos serve a purpose). The game gave me serious Sands of Time vibes and it's been a while since I've played a quality Metroidvania. Still, with Tekken 8 and Yakuza: Infinite Wealth releasing a week later I thought I'd hold off for now...

Plot twist: Amazon Japan selling physical version for the equivalent of $39 USD, that's an offer I can't refuse, want to send the message to Ubi that more games like this are welcome, looking forward to jumping in on Thursday.

Zheph

deep sale, the demo was okay for me. Metroidvania are saturated as hell so I feel like you really need to have a top game in that genre to move the needle

I’m a pretty big fan of Prince of Persia and liked all the games. The “controversial” ‘08 reboot is one of my favorites even. Nowadays I’ll also take a AA Metroidvania game over most AAA games filled with glitches or micro-transactions/GAAS shit.

I paid $60 for Metroid Dread, I don’t mind paying $50 for this. Hell, I bet if this game were Switch exclusive it would have more positive reception than it already does. Best case scenario they announce a proper PoP Sands trilogy HD collection and a new 3D game, but knowing Ubisoft we’ll be lucky if we even get the former.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
The issue is Ubisoft, the word Ubisoft simply drains all interest in a game from me, specifically after the utter disappointment that was Avatar.

Urban

My first Ubisoft Game in a while and i can highly recommend it! Dont sleep on this game. Bought it for 30€ from Amazon. Its a very good game!

Top Bottom