• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesseract

Banned
booted from the gabe thread while those pieces of garbage continue to obfuscate users with schismatic thinking

impressive-very-nice.gif

Last edited:

O-N-E

booted from the gabe thread while those pieces of garbage continue to obfuscate users with schismatic thinking

impressive-very-nice.gif

Looks like they didn't agree with you that more power = better. I wouldn't take that automatically as them trying to obfuscate.

Dunno, maybe you know something about those posters I don't. Some parts of GAF are wild, man.

You guys are animals.

Tesseract

Banned
Looks like they didn't agree with you that more power = better. I wouldn't take that automatically as them trying to obfuscate.

Dunno, maybe you know something about those posters I don't. Some parts of GAF are wild, man.

You guys are animals.
more power is better, there's no argument to be had

Last edited:

O-N-E

more power is better, there's no argument to be had

that user is a weasel, last post in the thread cements it

Of course, as an isolated fact, more processing power gives it an edge, but I think a lot of people won't be making their purchasing decision based on those numbers alone.

I think that's what those guys were getting at, even though the convo got heated.

O-N-E

No-one said it's meaningless.

But I understand Tess's argument is about the machine's capability rather than any other critical factors.

I'm guessing that's what Gabe meant.

Tesseract

Banned
Of course, as an isolated fact, more processing power gives it an edge, but I think a lot of people won't be making their purchasing decision based on those numbers alone.

I think that's what those guys were getting at, even though the convo got heated.
shifty goalposts, the thread was about power

No-one said it's meaningless.

But I understand Tess's argument is about the machine's capability rather than any other critical factors.

I'm guessing that's what Gabe meant.

bunch of arguments in that thread for exactly that, 'meaningless gaps' and such

Last edited:

O-N-E

Condolences to the people spending the last 24 hours trying to convince something to a bunch of online avatars. "Its not what you think it is". Although if you are not trying convince me that I should believe you, but instead I should believe that you are right, then I feel bad for you. You want a confirmation from a nobody on internet, to clear your insecurities. You want the "Oh shit I was wrong, you are right" moment from a graphical avatar.

I think I now understand why you mostly post links.

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Tesseract

Banned
is there one anime nazi girl to rule them all, why is it such a popular aesthetic?

some of the manga itt sends my dark dream ai down strange rabbit holes

never asked for this ...

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
is there one anime nazi girl to rule them all, why is it such a popular aesthetic?

some of the manga itt sends my dark dream ai down strange rabbit holes

never asked for this ...
Uniforms. That's it for the most part. Unless you mean actual nazi girls like the ones in Hellsing? Which are portrayed as evil so that's ok!

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Yo guys, I can't lie, I miss seeing MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima around these parts. Sad to see he's found a different watering hole on Gaf.

tenor.gif

I know full well. My great-grandpappy was mowin' them down to the Reichstag in Berlin.

But... we're supposed to like Stroheim and look at this romantically?
Oh, the whole SS unit helping a British body builder kill off Mexican Gods to save the world thing? That was BIZARRE heh.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
You've read part 6?
That shit has a black (sorry italian) priest make asian looking kkk people almost lynch his own white brother.
I just read/watch fiction, even shit that should affect me personally usually doesn't. Beats watching whatever's on tv. Sometimes.

O-N-E

You've read part 6?
That shit has a black (sorry italian) priest make asian looking kkk people almost lynch his own white brother.
I just read/watch fiction, even shit that should affect me personally usually doesn't. Beats watching whatever's on tv. Sometimes.

Nope. Anime only.

That spoiler is some wild shit though.

Edit: I can't say I'm the same way. I remember I couldn't keep watching Mob Psycho II mid-season due to feeling stressed at a certain character's situation and how much I could relate. Need to get back to it at some point.

Last edited:

O-N-E

GTA has a lot of satire, but I'm not sure I'd label it "political" as a whole.

Also, Last of Us in particular is a weird one to single out because that game is catching a lot of flack from fans for all kinds of shit, but sure, one of them is its political element.

The thing about it is that Last of Us II is a sequel, and if the tone and themes of a sequel are perceived by the audience to shift in an inauthentic / unnatural way (smells of an agenda or a blunder in general), fans start to get annoyed, and sometimes angry, and sometimes very angry.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom