• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I hate Microsoft as well, but thats don't mean I hate Xbox at all. In fact, one of my favorite games of all time is Ninja Gaiden for the original Xbox.

I honestly hate Windows, I've been fighting this crappy OS since 1996. But overall, Windows 10 is a major step in the right direction, as if it's not made by Microsoft. And Xbox isn't relevant here anyway, no one really talks about it, it's an endangered species.

O-N-E

I think I can beat MHK, guyz. It's only a matter of time.

hP9BMy3.png

How can you tell if your HDD is dying? I get the feeling mine is, it feels like it has trouble with nearly every game nowadays. Most games I try to play on it have a real hard time booting up and they tend to crash after a few hours of play. Can't tell if I'm just coincidentally playing lots of janky ass games with actual problems or the thing is on its last legs.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
How can you tell if your HDD is dying? I get the feeling mine is, it feels like it has trouble with nearly every game nowadays. Most games I try to play on it have a real hard time booting up and they tend to crash after a few hours of play. Can't tell if I'm just coincidentally playing lots of janky ass games with actual problems or the thing is on its last legs.
Weird scratchy or clicky sounds from the HDD is usually what confirms it for me.

MetalAlien

Banned
Mine didn't make any odd noises.... tried to copy a file and it hung up.... never worked after that.

MetalAlien

Banned
For you guys, what's the average lifespan of your HDDs?
Since gaf has been a thing... I mean gaming-age all the way back to the late 90s... I've only had one of mine die. I still have almost all the comupters I owned in the past still hooked up in the other room. Remember earlier when I said I was looking at old photos on a floppy?

Last edited:
Since gaf has been a thing... I mean gaming-age all the way back to the late 90s... I've only had one of mine die. I still have almost all the comupters I owned in the past still hooked up in the other room. Remember earlier when I said I was looking at old photos on a floppy?

So, for me, I had an HDD once that literally died after only 2 years of use. The one I'm on is 9 years old, though.

MetalAlien

Banned

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Morning all.

What's everyone been up to?

I finished the first palace in Persona5R. It's been so long since I finished it. I don't really remember much which is great. The quality of life changes are pretty cool.

I went out and played some fighting games last night too. I missed it so much. I hate playing online so I haven't played any fighters much since lockdown. Gonna try to at least go out once a month to play.

Still playing Halo for a couple of quick games. It's still so much fun. They better get Halo Infinite right.

Tesseract

Banned
Morning all.

What's everyone been up to?

I finished the first palace in Persona5R. It's been so long since I finished it. I don't really remember much which is great. The quality of life changes are pretty cool.

I went out and played some fighting games last night too. I missed it so much. I hate playing online so I haven't played any fighters much since lockdown. Gonna try to at least go out once a month to play.

Still playing Halo for a couple of quick games. It's still so much fun. They better get Halo Infinite right.
what fighters and where, kinda curious about local arcade scenes in 2020

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Be me, play Stellaris for the first time
>Colonize his own planet deep in his territory
>Holy zealot space lizards get pissed off about it, claiming the planet theirs
>Me and like 6 of my homies fuck up the space lizards and now they pay me phat protection money

pp,550x550.jpg

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Found my Virtua Fighter 3 game. Redream runs it perfectly even on me toaster. RIP VF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom