• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I must be getting lucky because I thought it was much worse during the 12 TF days and the PS5 spec reveal days. Way more trolling and vindictiveness. Now seems chill in comparison, and the usual fanboys are busy buzzing in the honeypot threads.

MetalAlien

Banned
This is not a "general" conversation on Neogaf.
Is a conversation about NeoGAF, user experiences, opinions about site operations, advice, help, and unparalleled opinions, and stop.
Everything else, like music, pictures, comparisons with other forums, news conversations, are all Off-Topic conversations here.

To try to keep order in this conversation, I will clarify the basic points, and its rules.

1- in this conversation it is possible to speak freely about matters relating to the forum in a general sense, and only about the forum

2- In this discussion you can give any kind of help and suggestion, in order to help and give advice to fellow forum members

3- images, videos, trailers can NOT be posted

4- it is allowed to speak only of topics concerning expressly and exclusively the forum itself, it's workings, and it's members

In this conversation there is a ban on:

1- talk about things unrelated to the forum, including news about anything else, anecdotes, funny images, gifs, music videos, etc.

2- prohibition from attacking, or denigrating, users' personal opinions related to the forum.

3- complete and total prohibition to compare this forum with other forums/websites, in order to avoid unnecessary and unpleasant Off-Topic.

4- total ban on posting material considered as Spoilers, and it is forbidden to post any other Spoilers without first having used the Spoiler function of the site.

5- ban on creating conversations, here, about anything unrelated to the forum in a meta sense

These are the rules for participating in this conversation.

Flaggrant violations of the rules will be reported to the mods ASAP

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
I'm glad there are actually people who believe next-gen is the only thing worth talking about on a gaming forum. Keeps 'em in their lane, so to speak.
It's like an expansion getting released for an MMO

Influx of people and then a chunk of them leaves

Which is why I'll always say policing your community outside of the anointed elders is a detriment to growth
Proper steady growth requires influx, dips, and plateaus as a balance; too much of a single one can kill it all pretty quick

Let the elders worry about elder things; us kids should just be chilling on the playground

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
It's like an expansion getting released for an MMO

Influx of people and then a chunk of them leaves

Which is why I'll always say policing your community outside of the anointed elders is a detriment to growth
Proper steady growth requires influx, dips, and plateaus as a balance; too much of a single one can kill it all pretty quick

Let the elders worry about elder things; us kids should just be chilling on the playground
This explains why I could never stick with MMOs

Am I the casual?

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
This is not a "general" conversation on Neogaf.
Is a conversation about NeoGAF, user experiences, opinions about site operations, advice, help, and unparalleled opinions, and stop.
Everything else, like music, pictures, comparisons with other forums, news conversations, are all Off-Topic conversations here.

To try to keep order in this conversation, I will clarify the basic points, and its rules.

1- in this conversation it is possible to speak freely about matters relating to the forum in a general sense, and only about the forum

2- In this discussion you can give any kind of help and suggestion, in order to help and give advice to fellow forum members

3- images, videos, trailers can NOT be posted

4- it is allowed to speak only of topics concerning expressly and exclusively the forum itself, it's workings, and it's members

In this conversation there is a ban on:

1- talk about things unrelated to the forum, including news about anything else, anecdotes, funny images, gifs, music videos, etc.

2- prohibition from attacking, or denigrating, users' personal opinions related to the forum.

3- complete and total prohibition to compare this forum with other forums/websites, in order to avoid unnecessary and unpleasant Off-Topic.

4- total ban on posting material considered as Spoilers, and it is forbidden to post any other Spoilers without first having used the Spoiler function of the site.

5- ban on creating conversations, here, about anything unrelated to the forum in a meta sense

These are the rules for participating in this conversation.

Flaggrant violations of the rules will be reported to the mods ASAP

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
This explains why I could never stick with MMOs

Am I the casual?
dPeqA0T.gif

Nymphae

Banned

O-N-E

Good job with racism in the first sentence.

Man I really appreciate you saying I should continue posting there more. I'm a bit surprised cuz I thought I was coming across too biased on certain things, I tend to hope the fact that I admit to my biases and try to speak in a relatively cordial fashion means it's not a big deal that I have biases. But deep down I feel like there needs to be more people who have a more middle of the road viewpoint than me. Like sometimes I forget the souls games are relatively niche so when I go on about how big a deal demon souls is as a launch game there's a lot of people that that's not a compelling argument for. for some people at best it's simply a tech demo for what they can expect from games they will enjoy.

Neither consoles really launching with something akin to breath of the wild. Part of me wonders if they were going to delay last of us 2 till PS5 launch before the leaks happened.

Part of the problem is I'm one of those people who enjoys the business side of it like it's a competition. I don't always think in terms of what I want sometimes I think in terms of what would be a win. Like I didn't even buy the last few call of duty's but if PS5 got a new call of duty as an exclusive game that would be huge news and really interesting for me even though the games haven't meant much to me for a while. because of this I can often become detached from what actually affects people a person I was arguing with mentioned this, that some of my defenses were ignoring people who are negatively affected. When it comes to say politics I'm a little more cognizant of this idea because to me it's not as big a deal if
someone is spending $10 more to get a game on launch day. But I don't want to lecture people on the fact that horrible things are happening in the world and you're upset about 10 extra dollars because honestly most of my life is dealing with trivial matters and obsessing with things that other people consider trivial.

I also sometimes let a certain persecution complex take control. It's not a huge one but it's there and it stems from a certain level of poor self image. This can manifest in taking offense to blanket statements that don't necessarily have anything to do with me. And part of me doesn't totally want to stop people from behaving how they do because I kind of enjoy the characters that we get. Even the ones that I'll probably consider more disruptive. probably more of my detachment and not considering how these people are detrimental to other people's forum experience. for me the low quality posters are the people who never say anything remotely interesting.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Well the first raid I was going to encourage WAS going to be the Meta thread lol

Not anymore!

It was already a little annoying seeing older threads bumped to discuss what people have created new threads to discuss the same topic. Now people are so quick to post gaming "news" that they don't even check the source to see whether or not the information is real. As if the little clock graphic next to the profile name wasn't suspect enough, Insomniac being misspelled "Insomaniac" should have been a dead giveaway it was a fake account. It's also weird to see the threads only contain a single random tweet about next-gen that say very little and are not even worth embedding. Some people are just very lazy thread creators. I know times have changed but this is a message board, not your social media feed! That said, I'm going to do my part to bump the good threads so the first page of Gaming is less eye-rolling.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
Should just give people who make incredibly stupid/lazy threads a tag. Worked for OldGaf, before the insanity. Peer pressure in general works.

If you fall for Insomaniac Games, you ought to be humble enough to have a laugh at yourself anyway, lol.

Should just give people who make incredibly stupid/lazy threads a tag. Worked for OldGaf, before the insanity. Peer pressure in general works.

If you fall for Insomaniac Games, you ought to be humble enough to have a laugh at yourself anyway, lol.
Some of the usual suspects already have tags like "Report me for creating troll threads" or some variation on console warring. So it's only a matter of time until their thread posting privileges are taken away.

-Arcadia-

Banned
One of these days, I want to just maybe get over that paranoia, and buy a bunch of people who don’t have it, and are the coolest posters, Gold. Just show everyone how much I appreciate it. Bonk definitely on the list.

Having a beer all by my lonesome, the neighbor below (who is hot as fuck) is throwing a party and I had to listen to their stupid talk while I was smoking a cigarette at the window. There's this dude going HAM about a guy trying to sell drugs to his grandma. I'm feeling at the same time lonely and also glad to be alone.

If I reach norwegian black metal in my playlist (and I'm currently at Doom Metal levels), I'm calling the cops on her for violating noise ordinance.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Having a beer all by my lonesome, the neighbor below (who is hot as fuck) is throwing a party and I had to listen to their stupid talk while I was smoking a cigarette at the window. There's this dude going HAM about a guy trying to sell drugs to his grandma. I'm feeling at the same time lonely and also glad to be alone.

If I reach norwegian black metal in my playlist (and I'm currently at Doom Metal levels), I'm calling the cops on her for violating noise ordinance.
You're never having a drink alone mate
Slide into my DMs you ever wanna talk shit

You're never having a drink alone mate
Slide into my DMs you ever wanna talk shit

Thanks bro!

giphy.gif

I actually enjoy drinking and listening music, I'm usually tired as fuck on fridays and that's a great way to end the week. Not in a great mood today though, this dude talking about how there should be strict laws against selling drugs to the elderly cemented my prickly state of mind lol.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Thanks bro!

giphy.gif

I actually enjoy drinking and listening music, I'm usually tired as fuck on fridays and that's a great way to end the week. Not in a great mood today though, this dude talking about how there should be strict laws against selling drugs to the elderly cemented my prickly state of mind lol.
I got a partner in crime in the programming thread; maybe I'll hit him for setting up a radio for us

Ah don't let people talking politics bother you; if you need a reminder, go check out the bible thumper's posts in politics and you'll be like "Shieeeettt....fuck gaming, fucking /gaf/pol/ let's rock"

Ah don't let people talking politics bother you; if you need a reminder, go check out the bible thumper's posts in politics and you'll be like "Shieeeettt....fuck gaming, fucking /gaf/pol/ let's rock"

Actually I think that dude was totally making that shit up, story sounds super sketchy. The kind of story you hail mary when you're shooting blanks. If a guy doesn't have any interesting life experiences, he can always lie.

So, update on the party down the hot neighbor's apartment below. I'm drunk and I didn't make it to norwegian black metal, instead went straight to Have a Nice Life. Result is I put on my hiking books and stomped around the living room to the beat of the song. They didn't make it to the second song. Fucking casuals.

Top Bottom