• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

teezzy

Banned
Sometimes watching is more fun...

XKgfUYE31uIHEuXH1kHiDBfGLLwOOtI2WnVWxT2ePxd0K5WQw6ClbTJHQCwh1xH2wrA1NUtdkHZqrbD2EW9GXY9NC_6NmAfE

-Arcadia-

Banned
I didnt pre-order because I'm not some child who buys a shiny new box just to have it. Show me something worth playing and then I'll buy.

I don't know why you need to attack me like this.

Jokes, because someone probably would say this, in this day and age

Gotta pour one out for the fallen Sony warriors we've lost the past few days... may you return to us with the speed of PS5's amazing SSD power, may your returning posts be so brilliant it's like seeing them in 4K, may they fill the forum like they were in 3D audio, may the other warriors tremble from their haptic feedback!!!!

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Gotta pour one out for the fallen Sony warriors we've lost the past few days... may you return to us with the speed of PS5's amazing SSD power, may your returning posts be so brilliant it's like seeing them in 4K, may they fill the forum like they were in 3D audio, may the other warriors tremble from their haptic feedback!!!!
I don't gotta do shit for console warrior plebs

-Arcadia-

Banned
Console warriors definitely got Order 66'd, lol. I don't think I've ever seen that many at one time.

I'm kind of curious to jump into gaming today and see if there's less derails, pointless arguing, and trolling. Removing the main figureheads of this stuff, as well as just the statement it makes, seems like it would definitely have an effect.

I've kind of gotten used to Gaf as a Wild West. You talk to a cool person one moment, then fan a six shooter and send a troll through a window the next. That said, I don't mind not having to deal with the latter. Frankly, I think we've all gotten a little tired of the constant immaturity, while just trying to come here and have fun.

I'm happy to see them cracking down, even if some of these people are my quite liked acquaintances. I'm also really happy to see the crap in the Ban Review thread stopped, where it had become an extension of the console wars for almost everyone there, under the guise of impartiality and forum protectionism.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
Did they finally ban him again for being an alt?

I wouldn't know. I left Xbox Era once it was clear they took themselves way too seriously. Kinda place where they prefer not to have silly OT threads in their forum, and the staff throws a hissy fit when you post things in their Discord under the wrong channel.

Yeah... no thanks. I browse the internet to piss off at the end of a work day. Not for more rules.

Some of these people get BTFO in a thread and then a day later, a week later in a separate thread just repeat the same garbage they got destroyed for saying earlier. Probably my biggest problem with the Left is they subscribe to this belief that simply saying something enough times will make it true in other peoples minds. They don't care what evidence there is against their claims and are simply hoping no one else has the time to completely destroy their argument every single time they repeat it. Eventually people just tell them they're wrong and they say "LOOK NO RECEIPTS" because the forum hasn't already been littered with them or something.

Nymphae

Banned
I really dislike the fact that quotes of a certain size automatically truncate the quote box forcing people to unfold it if they want to see the whole quote. Sometimes I'm like 3 words too long and it's like ffs man just do it. On other forums I don't seem to see this behaviour, quotes can be any length with no truncation. I'd prefer to use the quote functionality for sharing parts of an article rather than just copy and paste it or use italics or whatnot.

Last edited:

-Arcadia-

Banned
I don't want a debate, because we've done it to death on the main forum, but I'm actually curious what everyone's corona realities are.

For me, it functionally doesn't exist, which is part of what makes me ask. Only a few people ever wear masks, people get as close as they like to each other, participate in big outdoor gatherings and community events, etc.

To be frank, nobody gives a shit. Everything is just about back to normal.

brap

Banned
I don't want a debate, because we've done it to death on the main forum, but I'm actually curious what everyone's corona realities are.

For me, it functionally doesn't exist, which is part of what makes me ask. Only a few people ever wear masks, people get as close as they like to each other, participate in big outdoor gatherings and community events, etc.

Only retarded liberals like Jim Cornette who thinks covid is the black plague cares about this shit. Normal people don't care.

I've got a shitty leader in my state so we all have to wear them else face her wrath. What I mean by that is most people wear them when they're meant to and rip them off their faces the second they don't. Still remember seeing TENET opening night in IMAX, the second everyone sat down not a single mask in sight. Wouldn't the masks be more helpful while we sat through a three hour movie together than before or after? Ah well. Don't know anyone who's gotten Corona, most I've heard of is people my father and brother in-law work with getting it. Another friend's wife is a nurse and doesn't like people talking like it barely exists but whatever, obviously a nurse is going to see it more often. Shutting down society and making us wear dumb masks over a bad flu is stupid, just be safe with the people at risk.

lHzhfxH.jpg

I wear a mask at work for about 10 hours a day. I go from job site to job site interacting with a lot of people. Everyone wears masks. It's no big deal. In my city we all wear masks everywhere except outside/by ourselves of course. It's not a political issue over here.

I've limited social events. Took in more jobs this summer on my personal business. I spend more time with family. We never traveled this summer, which does suck, but oh well.

brap

Banned
I've got a shitty leader in my state so we all have to wear them else face her wrath. What I mean by that is most people wear them when they're meant to and rip them off their faces the second they don't. Still remember seeing TENET opening night in IMAX, the second everyone sat down not a single mask in sight. Wouldn't the masks be more helpful while we sat through a three hour movie together than before or after? Ah well. Don't know anyone who's gotten Corona, most I've heard of is people my father and brother in-law work with getting it. Another friend's wife is a nurse and doesn't like people talking like it barely exists but whatever, obviously a nurse is going to see it more often. Shutting down society and making us wear dumb masks over a bad flu is stupid, just be safe with the people at risk.
Wear the FUCKING mask, chud

vkORVME.png

Nymphae

Banned

It feels like the big scare over bodies piling up is completely gone but media reports new cases everyday and the NPC's are happy to wear masks everywhere. It's all fake and gay as far as I'm concerned.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
I wear a mask at work for about 10 hours a day. I go from job site to job site interacting with a lot of people. Everyone wears masks. It's no big deal. In my city we all wear masks everywhere except outside/by ourselves of course. It's not a political issue over here.

I've limited social events. Took in more jobs this summer on my personal business. I spend more time with family. We never traveled this summer, which does suck, but oh well.
Essentially this over here in Arizona; we're one of the areas impacted pretty heavily with the rona

Bars still can't be open, restaurants can at half capacity, mask mandate, etc
Some people bitched, and well, as that ass hat from Cali said
"You can't hang up on people in Arizona, they carry guns!"

So once people started getting kicked out and businesses started "Exercising their rights," when people got too passionate over being kicked out, everyone just masked up

Medical is big out here, got family in it, etc; I wouldn't say go buy out grocery stores of shit paper bad, but it's something to be mindful of

Let the medical industry be what it be; my friend contracted it, so there's that too <.<

Last edited:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

I wear a mask whenever I'm around people these days (I'm sure someone is going to make a joke over that) because I simply don't want to risk catching it again. No way I'm going through that shit again. As uncomfortable as it is for me, it's just better to be safe than sorry.

Does the mask actually help though? Fuck if I know

Last edited:
So once people started getting kicked out and businesses started "Exercising their rights," when people got too passionate over being kicked out, everyone just masked up

I've only seen one aggressive anti masker out in the wild. He was rightly laughed at by us in line. And a couple of people called him a Karen. He most definitely got himself a mask and went out shopping again that day. It was a pathetic sight. I view all anti maskers as pathetic. Its such a small thing, people who are opposed have to be either crazy or extremely out of shape.

Last edited:
I've only seen one aggressive anti masker out in the wild. He was rightly laughed at by us in line. And a couple of people called him a Karen. He most definitely got himself a mask and went out shopping again that day. It was a pathetic sight. I view all anti maskers as pathetic. Its such a small thing, people who are opposed have to be either crazy or extremely out of shape.

Sounds like you're a brilliant person.

-Arcadia-

Banned
I wear a mask whenever I'm around people these days (I'm sure someone is going to make a joke over that) because I simply don't want to risk catching it again. No way I'm going through that shit again. As uncomfortable as it is for me, it's just better to be safe than sorry.

It theoretically helps others more, from what I understand.

The travel of your respiration is minimized. Essentially, the mask is to make sure nobody else in the room gets it, if you have it.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
I haven't seen one personally
But then again, I don't go out much

My room mate is a "I'm not going to wear a masker," and I just shrug about it. I mask up cause ya know, it's easy.
Surprisingly he doesn't get kicked out of places though; also not the type to argue it and would just leave

-Arcadia-

Banned
I personally stopped when the mask stuff started getting really creepy, politicized, and controlling, in conjunction with the death stats being an utterly tiny fraction of a percent, all weighted towards much older people.

Along with the fact that I was basically the only one left anyway, and there wasn't much point.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

I had at least one friend die from COVID19 that I know of. A few friends of friends and family of friends. Overall, however, the total number of friends or friends of friends that have died from other causes this year is greater that corona deaths.

When outside, I do what I can to be mindful of others' personal space, and put on a mask if a crowd forms and social distancing is hard to do. When indoors and not in my own house, I social distance as much as possible and wear a mask the whole time since air currents in enclosed spaces are more likely to be recirculated.

Having lived in Japan before and being an expert on Japanese culture, mask wearing is a common practice when one gets sick, to reduce the likelihood of spreading infection to others. It's also common even when one is not sick, but stuck in tight enclosed spaces with other people who might be sick. Therefore, mask wearing wasn't out of the ordinary for me, and I always had the impression that it was best practices if one was particularly germaphobic.

My personal risk is very low as I'm young and fit. I'm more worried about being a carrier and unwittingly infecting others, since I do interact with older people and fatter people. If I could go the Joe Rogan route and test myself and those around me every time we're about to do something together I would, but that option is not available to me yet.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

How are your lungs rn? Are you in shape? How does Canadian bacon differ from bacon everywhere else? When I died I saw nothing but darkness, heaven wtf?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
How are your lungs rn? Are you in shape? How does Canadian bacon differ from bacon everywhere else? When I died I saw nothing but darkness, heaven wtf?
Are you asking me out rn?

I'm healthy and in shape so it didn't mess with me too bad, just some minor respiratory system issues that ruined my sense of smell and taste. I just really don't want to get tested again, that shit was the worst.

As for Canadian bacon, it's the only bacon I've ever had so I can't really compare.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Are you asking me out rn?

I'm healthy and in shape so it didn't mess with me too bad, just some minor respiratory system issues that ruined my sense of smell and taste. I just really don't want to get tested again, that shit was the worst.

As for Canadian bacon, it's the only bacon I've ever had so I can't really compare.
No mam.

I asked to because I wanted to know what a healthy person that went thru with it had to say about it. (or I assumed?) We've got other people saying shit was no big deal and I don't believe em.

Last edited by a moderator:

teezzy

Banned
Im in Michigan. Work from home and only wear my mask when going to Kroger or some other public establishment. Have not sat down at a restaurant or anything since this started. Lots of doordash and carry out. I'm just getting tired of it all.

Last edited:
My personal risk is very low as I'm young and fit. I'm more worried about being a carrier and unwittingly infecting others, since I do interact with older people and fatter people. If I could go the Joe Rogan route and test myself and those around me every time we're about to do something together I would, but that option is not available to me yet.

This is the way I feel. It's such a minor thing to do. Just have to adapt to these times and hope we make it out soon.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
No mam.

I asked to because I wanted to know what a healthy person that went thru with it had to say about it. (or I assumed?) We've got other people saying shit was no big deal and I don't believe em.
I've had worse colds. 100% the worst part was the testing. Even when I was feeling symptom free I kept testing positive so I had to retake the test every two weeks, and getting fucked up the nose isn't as fun as some might tell you.

Tesseract

Banned
I personally stopped when the mask stuff started getting really creepy, politicized, and controlling, in conjunction with the death stats being an utterly tiny fraction of a percent, all weighted towards much older people.

Along with the fact that I was basically the only one left anyway, and there wasn't much point.
stopped caring months ago

i wear one to grocery stores and the like because ordinances are in place, otherwise it's business as usual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom