• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a Lucky Chloe main when I smell one

tumblr_np3fnaYgnT1qk1depo1_400.gif

Nymphae

Banned
Nymphae Nymphae Welcome back brother!

Thank you, appreciate the kind words. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be posting here too much longer. No need to account suicide or go on a tear, but suffice to say I no longer feel welcome here in general and agree with the posts made by -Arcadia- -Arcadia- and @hariseldon here and in the ban review threads. Was fun while it lasted boys, do take care and perhaps we can all chat together again someday :messenger_peace:

Last edited:

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
C'mon guys, is not the end of the world. Not yet.
People are very polarized right now and have been for a while

In their view point, it is the hyperbolic "End of world," scenario despite what reality might be

Cooler heads prevail, be a CCCPS (Calm cool collected problem solver), adjust and overcome, scale life obstacles; whatever euphemism you may use as an affirmation to ensure you handle things like an adult included

GAF as a forum did not change; it's still a gaming forum, still has all of the same sections, etc.
The people have changed, and people changing is a constant, and they come and go

In most of my business relations, customers who leave during normal turmoil were never loyal customers to begin with, and would have hopped out at some point regardless for whatever convenient reason they had

A single act is typically not the turning point, people usually have more than 1 reason for ending a relationship, so I would say these people who are self banning or leaving were going to leave soon anyways

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you, appreciate the kind words. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be posting here too much longer. No need to account suicide or go on a tear, but suffice to say I no longer feel welcome here in general and agree with the posts made by -Arcadia- -Arcadia- and @hariseldon here and in the ban review threads. Was fun while it lasted boys, do take care and perhaps we can all chat together again someday :messenger_peace:
This sorta of thing reminds me of the first gaming forum I frequented "regularly" after being a vagabond. I was invited to another forum and it was great place even better than the last forum. It mostly consisted of a small group of people I gamed with and it even had a similar layout to current gaf outside the like(s). Said forum had literally no bans, no rules and everyone was respectful to one another for around 4 years. Yet eventually we lost touch with each other and people stopped posting in said forum. I believe the forum is still around but it is a ghosttown. To the people that are leaving remember this, a place is only as good as the company you keep and friendships fade/people become busy irl to even bother with the internet in any serious capacity.

Nymphae

Banned
This sorta of thing reminds me of the first gaming forum I frequented "regularly" after being a vagabond. I was invited to another forum and it was great place even better than the last forum. It mostly consisted of a small group of people I gamed with and it even had a similar layout to current gaf outside the like(s). Said forum had literally no bans, no rules and everyone was respectful to one another for around 4 years. Yet eventually we lost touch with each other and people stopped posting in said forum. I believe the forum is still around but it is a ghosttown. To the people that are leaving remember this, a place is only as good as the company you keep and friendships fade/people become busy irl to even bother with the internet in any serious capacity.

Do you remember the name? I used to frequent a similar forum, it was called GRD.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Do you remember the name? I used to frequent a similar forum, it was called GRD.
No it went by another name but the site owner changed it, we used to have a FP where we reviewed games/movies as well. I doubt anyone from here is from there. I'd recognize the way they post here immediately.

Last edited by a moderator:
i try not to let culture shifts forestall my mind, some hostility is inevitable but not to the extent that it saps one's ability to work hard and enjoy life

the name of the game is adjustment and adaption, pathfinding onward without fear

The-u-curve-theory-of-adjustment-Source-Black-Mendenhall-1991.ppm

What if I reject adapting to the new reality? This new reality is stupid and nonsensical. Power is paramount and ideas are crushed under the weight of dogma and fear.

Surf the waves and look for balance, but you will be doing so in a turbulent reality with fewer participants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom