• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Whoop whoop, it's done!
I'm in foal. I will be a Mami in January.

pregnant tommy wiseau GIF by The Room
Congratulations on the happy news!

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I was going through videos on Youtube last night and found a video of some guy showing off one of his devices and he seemed like a nice friendly guy and then I realized it was Etika. When he died, I never knew who he was and never seen any of his videos before, but when I found out last night the guy I was watching was him, it mad me sad. He seemed like he had a genuine love for games.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
So I got tired of so many cheaters in GTA Online. Decided to put my CS degree to work and look at the sloppy-ass code of GTA and also the cheat clients.

Figured out one could just suspend a process, in this case GTA 5, for about eight seconds and the server will eject all other players leaving one in their own session. Lol.

I have never seen such insecure and sloppily written code. This is fucking clown shoes shit. I also quickly figured out how to make it so using a grenade instantly hits everyone in the session, killing them. But I'll just leave that alone. Going to work on scripts that instantly eject any modders in the meanwhile.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
So I got tired of so many cheaters in GTA Online. Decided to put my CS degree to work and look at the sloppy-ass code of GTA and also the cheat clients.

Figured out one could just suspend a process, in this case GTA 5, for about eight seconds and the server will eject all other players leaving one in their own session. Lol.

I have never seen such insecure and sloppily written code. This is fucking clown shoes shit. I also quickly figured out how to make it so using a grenade instantly hits everyone in the session, killing them. But I'll just leave that alone. Going to work on scripts that instantly eject any modders in the meanwhile.
Use your powers for good and be like this guy.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community

Remember when one guy found out recently the massive loading screens was because they had a single thread parser running over a json with tens of thousands of objects?

GuinGuin

Banned
Where do you go on this site to ask about a moderation? I had a post deleted because I brought up Microsoft not giving sales numbers for their games. Seems like a weird thing to delete as it's factual and a less than transparent practice. This is not the first forum I've been to that has tons of unwritten rules. What are some others here before I end up stepping on another landmine?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Where do you go on this site to ask about a moderation? I had a post deleted because I brought up Microsoft not giving sales numbers for their games. Seems like a weird thing to delete as it's factual and a less than transparent practice. This is not the first forum I've been to that has tons of unwritten rules. What are some others here before I end up stepping on another landmine?
Not here. Best bet is to PM a mod.

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member

This was in the report queue. The summary of the situation is unfortunately inaccurate. The post was removed from this thread:

And the actual content of the post was this:

screenshot_20210522-197kyf.jpg

It was originally post #8 in the thread. Basically you entered the thread to piggyback off the topic and try to make a snide remark that would derail the thread, or score a point against Microsoft. It was deleted, and you received a warning that would have appeared in your notifications as well.

This is not the same as making an observation in a relevant thread free of bias and/or with legitimate concern/pointedness. I'd also say using the analogy of a landmine is misleading, it's more like a massive dirty puddle that you can choose to go around or jump into.

I would encourage you to look at the ban page and see the recent bans for this type of behaviour. As you are relatively new, you've received a warning and are expected to adjust going forward. That's pretty much it, we all move on from here. You are also free to ignore this, enter a face tingling rage and have a flamboyant exit like this poster:

I hope this isn't the case as your avatar is one of the better ones I have seen. Good day.

Last edited:

GuinGuin

Banned
This was in the report queue. The summary of the situation is unfortunately inaccurate. The post was removed from this thread:

And the actual content of the post was this:

screenshot_20210522-197kyf.jpg

It was originally post #8 in the thread. Basically you entered the thread to piggyback off the topic and try to make a snide remark that would derail the thread, or score a point against Microsoft. It was deleted, and you received a warning that would have appeared in your notifications as well.

This is not the same as making an observation in a relevant thread free of bias and/or with legitimate concern/pointedness. I'd also say using the analogy of a landmine is misleading, it's more like a massive dirty puddle that you can choose to go around or jump into.

I would encourage you to look at the ban page and see the recent bans for this type of behaviour. As you are relatively new, you've received a warning and are expected to adjust going forward. That's pretty much it, we all move on from here. You are also free to ignore this, enter a face tingling rage and have a flamboyant exit like this poster:

I hope this isn't the case as your avatar is one of the better ones I have seen. Good day.

Haha, thanks for the compliment on the icon. I disagree with your assessment of my comment though. I made a humorous and yet relevant comment. If Sony or Nintendo suddenly stopped reporting sales numbers I would call them out for it to.

Bill O'Rights

Seldom posts. Always delivers.
Staff Member
Haha, thanks for the compliment on the icon. I disagree with your assessment of my comment though. I made a humorous and yet relevant comment. If Sony or Nintendo suddenly stopped reporting sales numbers I would call them out for it to.

Rightio, and just for that

I'm going to expire the warning and choose to believe it was a poorly timed joke. But take heed of the sentiment please going forward.

tenor.gif

BigBooper

Sometimes those moderations seem out of nowhere, but it seems like they usually issue plenty of warnings instead of straight up banning though. Seems like the gaming forum has many historical values that I am just not clued in to. Like banned sources. Is that really an official thing where you will be moderated or is it like if you use one of these sources you will be mocked?

Fortunately, I've been able to avoid getting moderated with one exception. I don't know what it was for because I had posted a lot and it was kinda a generic message, but it was just a warning and it was in the Poltics forum so who cares now. I don't shit on people unless they are literally inviting it and it's well intentioned. If someone is making a topic celebrating a game they love that I think is garbage like BOTW, unless they ask for criticism I just move on. No reason to be mean for no reason.

Why did I type all this? I just woke up and am sitting on the toilet. I like to think of this as my "me time." Sitting in my cramped half bathroom, posting on the Neogaf.

GuinGuin

Banned
Very true! The avatar is great and I even get it.

It's Yakuza, right? :pie_thinking:

Yeah, it's a real product you can buy and display proudly in your home!

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

I first downloaded twitter a few years ago because I simply wanted to keep up with the news...but after using it for a few months, you start to realize that everybody on there has literally never gone outside. These people focus their energy on abstract ideas and then argue their "ideas" with other users 24/7. My best advice would be to never even consider touching twitter - it is an absolute hellhole and when you go down that pit, it can be hard to climb back up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom