• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

T8SC

What’s up gays, I’m slightly drunk cos people fucked me over and fuck them who needs enemies when you have them right? lol

giphy.gif

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Is it just me or has the board seemed a considerable amount more active these past three or four days in regards to replies and new threads? Even late into the night?

Last edited:

Star-Lord

It’s amazing how the human mind and heart work. One action can bring you down and make you feel that life isn’t worth living but then a few choice words from someone unexpected, and you feel on top of the world. This feeling of euphoria is one of the few reasons why I enjoy being alive, to not only be able to feel that but to also make others experience that feeling too.

Star-Lord

Is it just me or has the board seemed a considerable amount more active these past three or four days in regards to replies and new threads? Even late into the night?
I’d say the opposite. The past few days has seen 15-20 minutes between replies to most threads. I don’t get why, maybe a holiday slump?

Kev Kev

gaming side is flying by these days. once in a while ill post something, then go back to the thread list and the thread i just posted in will be halfway down the page. havent seen that happen since before the split.

Last edited:

T8SC

gnqa0mf.jpg
zBFs9hg.jpg

I can't take a picture now as it's dark here, these are old pictures when I had them new. They are much fatter and healthier now. You can stroke them sometimes but they won't let you cuddle them, not that I've ever tried to do that.

I feel bad now for having a chicken dinner. :messenger_confused:

BigBooper

Moving On Sooo GIF

How's everybody elses weekend going?
Nice! I got my Chicago trip moved back a day so I get to skip getting murdered on Halloween this time.

Had a few trick or treaters last night. Is that a common thing everywhere, where the kids go out on a specific night before Halloween? All the local activities for the town and churches was last night.

Spent my entertainment time playing Age of Empires 4 all weekend.

Last edited:

Ionian

gnqa0mf.jpg
zBFs9hg.jpg

I can't take a picture now as it's dark here, these are old pictures when I had them new. They are much fatter and healthier now. You can stroke them sometimes but they won't let you cuddle them, not that I've ever tried to do that.

My Father had a bunch as he had a farm, the Roosters used to bully the fuck out of the farm-yard duck. Then a fox slaughtered the lot.

The friend I mentioned that worked for Google also bought loads when they bought their house. I told him the wiring wasn't safe. Next visit, "where are the hens?". Slaughtered by a fox. Just dug under the wiring and had a field-day killing them all.

Oh well, did warn them. Slight bit of satifaction there despite the slaughter.

Last edited:

Ionian

I’ll be surprised if I get any trick or treaters at all, bar the neighbours kids. I have chocolates to give them, but the majority are for me.

Biggest pay off I ever got with my sisters was from a nun of all things. Gave cash and a smile, I couldn't believe it as it's a pagan holiday. Didn't even know she lived there but went home beaming with pride.

nush

My Father had a bunch as he had a farm, the Roosters used to bully the fuck out of the farm-yard duck. Then a fox slaughtered the lot.

The friend I mentioned that worked for Google also bought loads when they bought their house. I told him the wiring wasn't safe. Next visit, "where are the hens?". Slaughtered by a fox. Just dug under the wiring and had a field-day killing them all.

Oh well, did warn them. Slight bit of satifaction there despite the slaughter.

I just did a check of the penthouse roof for foxes. I think it's safe.

Ionian

I just did a check of the penthouse roof for foxes. I think it's safe.

A shotgun my friend. Worse then the chickens was a group of dogs slaughtering sheep. Sheep are stupid and were walking around with half of their faces torn off. My Father took photos, disturbs me to this day.

The owners of the dogs had the neck to call over and complain about him using a shotgun to kill them, had the Gardai (Police) and everything called. Those pictures though, the dogs went to town on them. Horrific stuff.

And that's why I'm a city-boy forever. (there is a fox here and he got brave during the first lock-down. Used to eat all the dropped chips. zero fear of humans, I knew better to pet it though).

Thaedolus

My daughter and I did our trick or treating last night. She got a nice haul. Saw some 15-year oldish boys trick or treating. I couldn't help be slightly old man about it and think they were up to mischief
Same here, my first with my own kid. Naturally I confiscated all the Starbursts because we don’t allow such things around these parts.

Anyway my stomach kinda hurts

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Is there anyone here who's under 25 and smokes cigarettes? If so, why?

Every once in a while I'll see someone young when I'm out and about smoking and I'm curious with all we know about those things how someone that young would even get into the habit.

When I was young, it was still a thing where it was "cool" to smoke, and it made you a bad boy. And to look cool people did it. But that stigma is looooong gone. And smoking is way down.

I'm guessing it's being around family who smoke and you get into the habit because it rubs off on you?

nush

I'm guessing it's being around family who smoke and you get into the habit because it rubs off on you?

I didn't smoke until I was 21, some of my friends smoked but not my family at all. Those friends were the ones I went clubbing with and the beer and cigarette combo was so good. I also found it had social benefits when working, so I'd always start smoking again when I started a new job. The smoking crew always knew what was going on and allowed you to be social with staff across an entire business that you'd not have the opportunity too otherwise.

Tschumi

Every once in a while I'll see someone young when I'm out and about smoking and I'm curious with all we know about those things how someone that young would even get into the habit.

When I was young, it was still a thing where it was "cool" to smoke, and it made you a bad boy. And to look cool people did it. But that stigma is looooong gone. And smoking is way down.

tokyo is the land the 21st century forgot re: smoking, everyone but everyone seems to smoke here, my share house where i've been staying the last few months, everyone smokes... i usually live in nagoya, nobody smokes there... who the fuck knows~

nush

tokyo is the land the 21st century forgot re: smoking, everyone but everyone seems to smoke here, my share house where i've been staying the last few months, everyone smokes... i usually live in nagoya, nobody smokes there... who the fuck knows~

Suprisingly not a lot of people smoke in the south of China at least from my observations. It's always the old guys that arrived from some other province. It seems the youth didn't take it up.

Tschumi

Suprisingly not a lot of people smoke in the south of China at least from my observations. It's always the old guys that arrived from some other province. It seems the youth didn't take it up.
the guys with shirts rolled up to their tits and a finger in their navels :p

Tschumi

fuck me, this latest vanilla wow private server's really got its hooks into me, time to show i'm 5 years older than last time lol

help me out homies

Last edited:

Peggies

Gold Member

I used to smoke until early this year but not too much, actually only in combination with alcohol which I had kind of had every evening 🤔 .

Anyway, I never want to start again. The image changed, true. Nowadays it seems more pathetic than rebelious or cool.

nush

For someone who spends a good part of the day on the phone to clients, I sure fucking hate being the one on the phone to customer services.

I don't, as someone who has worked in a customer helpline and with call centers it's an opportunity to guarantee they have at least one repectful customer calling that day. More often than not you get benifits from not being a short tempered, disrespectful, entitled asshole. It's a skill to get them to break script.

Star-Lord

I don't, as someone who has worked in a customer helpline and with call centers it's an opportunity to guarantee they have at least one repectful customer calling that day. More often than not you get benifits from not being a short tempered, disrespectful, entitled asshole. It's a skill to get them to break script.
It’s just frustrating when all you’re doing is being passed from pillar to post, and all you want to do is find out why something was done to your account that shouldn’t have been done. I just want one department to take responsibility for the action and rectify it, rather than transfer me over and over. I’ve been calm and collected up until now, but it’s been over an hour now and I’m yet to speak to someone in-depth about this.

nush

It’s just frustrating when all you’re doing is being passed from pillar to post, and all you want to do is find out why something was done to your account that shouldn’t have been done. I just want one department to take responsibility for the action and rectify it, rather than transfer me over and over. I’ve been calm and collected up until now, but it’s been over an hour now and I’m yet to speak to someone in-depth about this.

So what's the issue? Keep it simple for them, if you're throwing a whole lot of stuff at the wrong person because you're not focused of course you'll get bounced. You have to try to picture the back-end and systems they are limited to work in.

There is no fucking "Fix my shit" magic button for them.

Ionian

fuck me, this latest vanilla wow private server's really got its hooks into me, time to show i'm 5 years older than last time lol

help me out homies

I played vanilla, quit at Un' Goro though. Fuckers would stalk me and kill the ape once I cleared out the den.

Went back for TBC. They nerfed vanilla by WOTLK was so easy to level so I had multiple chars. Vanilla though was a total bastard. Still went on to play WOTLK on a private server, if anyone wants that account just PM me, need to remember the name. Pimped out Mage on it, not sure what the traffic is these days though. Not logged on in years. They probably have all the expansions by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom