• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
bi22a53yerq91.jpg

Thaedolus

unknown.png

These are truly bizarre bans. DPer? D-Pad-er? They were banned for using another forum? What the hell is going on with this place man.
For bronk I think it’s just he doesn’t post, then came back in to stir the pot acting like a cunt toward people. For Soggy I dunno, maybe don’t get caught up in the cuntenning, maybe there was something said in a PM 🤷‍♀️

How about we all just get along 😇

MarkMe2525

Honest question mods, why do I keep getting banned but Adamsapple is still around? Why is it ok to talk shit on Elon Munsk, Joel Biden, Jensen, Jim Ryan, etc, but it's out of line to say bad things about Phil Spencer?
I'll be honest regarding my perception about this. If there is an xbox-centric thread, you will undoubtedly be in there throwing shade which derails thread from original topic. adamsapple adamsapple is for sure an xbox fan, but rarely do I see him in PlayStation-centric threads, causing disruption with generally negative comments.

Is criticism warranted in many situations, it sure is, but when you develop a particular pattern of never contributing anything but said criticisms, people will notice, and no longer accept your comments in good faith. It's about balance, and from "my perception" your commentary lacks that.

Besides that, I generally think you bring up good points and I can tell you have a sharp mind. Sometimes, it's just not worth it though.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I'll be honest regarding my perception about this. If there is an xbox-centric thread, you will undoubtedly be in there throwing shade which derails thread from original topic. adamsapple adamsapple is for sure an xbox fan, but rarely do I see him in PlayStation-centric threads, causing disruption with generally negative comments.

The only playstation threads I post in are games that I am/will play, like Ragnarok, Horizon FW, Valkyrie Elysium etc. You won't see me post anything in PSVR threads, for example, topics I have no interest in.

That being said ...

3AxUAFV.png

Is criticism warranted in many situations, it sure is, but when you develop a particular pattern of never contributing anything but said criticisms, people will notice, and no longer accept your comments in good faith. It's about balance, and from "my perception" your commentary lacks that.

Besides that, I generally think you bring up good points and I can tell you have a sharp mind. Sometimes, it's just not worth it though.
Weird because to me it would be a lot more strange if I was faking it and being inconsistent. Adamsapple is about as disingenuous as you could be and everyone sees trough it.

I never lied or spread false information, the idea that you get punished just for having an overall negative view of a gaming company seems strange specially when it's seems ok to shit on most other gaming companies. I doubt I'll get in trouble for hating Cyberpunk for example or for mocking Konami/EA/etc and I'm yet to see anyone getting in trouble for being too mean to Jim Ryan yet pretty much all of my bans involve me pointing out how much Phil Spencer sucks.

Last edited:

Thaedolus

It's probably to do with how and where the criticism is being dealt, tbh. And a history of the same behavior invites additional scrutiny. I don't think there are any sacred cows that have GAF immunity, but don't be bringing up shit where it doesn't belong or only be contributing the same stale complaints in every thread.

Not saying that's what happened here, but a lot of times people are upset about supposed inconsistencies when, if you actually dig into the details, there's quite a few differences between x and y criticism, which make one ok and the other not. And honestly, I have no idea why people get so fixated on Jim Ryan and Phil Spencer. Just go play some games, sheesh.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Hot damn, the work drama is ongoing but I'm removed from the direct exposure. My boss recognizes the stress it's putting on me and asked me about some growth opportunities in the next year. This is interesting but until I have something directly tangible in front of me, it's hard to say if it's enough to make me stay. The two potential options are very interesting for me so far. I won't know more until end of Oct / mid-Nov though.

Peggies

Gold Member
Hot damn, the work drama is ongoing but I'm removed from the direct exposure. My boss recognizes the stress it's putting on me and asked me about some growth opportunities in the next year. This is interesting but until I have something directly tangible in front of me, it's hard to say if it's enough to make me stay. The two potential options are very interesting for me so far. I won't know more until end of Oct / mid-Nov though.
Sounds good all in all. Your boss seems nice.

Thaedolus

I just got a response from a government agency that made me pump my fist and go "whooo!" so it's a good work day over here too. I hate the anxiety that comes while something is being reviewed for weeks or months and then getting it and waiting for the PDF to open up and see what they have to say...but it was basically my best case scenario so fuck yeah, time to get a haircut.

Weird because to me it would be a lot more strange if I was faking it and being inconsistent. Adamsapple is about as disingenuous as you could be and everyone sees trough it.

I never lied or spread false information, the idea that you get punished just for having an overall negative view of a gaming company seems strange specially when it's seems ok to shit on most other gaming companies. I doubt I'll get in trouble for hating Cyberpunk for example or for mocking Konami/EA/etc and I'm yet to see anyone getting in trouble for being too mean to Jim Ryan yet pretty much all of my bans involve me pointing out how much Phil Spencer sucks.

You are both petty infantile console warriors on other sides of the fence. Have you tried not acting like 12 year olds and discussing things like adults?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I’m so lost on the forum drama, I guess when you don’t discord it all happens under the radar.
Basically, Marky got with Sharon, Sharon got Sherice. She was sharin' Sharon's outlook on the topic of disease. Mikey had a facial scar, and Bobby was a racist. They were all in love with dyin', they were doin' it in Texas. Tommy played piano like a kid out in the rain. Then he lost his leg in Dallas, he was dancin' with a train. They were all in love with dyin', they were drinking from a fountain. That was pourin' like an avalanche comin' down the mountain.

Kilau

Basically, Marky got with Sharon, Sharon got Sherice. She was sharin' Sharon's outlook on the topic of disease. Mikey had a facial scar, and Bobby was a racist. They were all in love with dyin', they were doin' it in Texas. Tommy played piano like a kid out in the rain. Then he lost his leg in Dallas, he was dancin' with a train. They were all in love with dyin', they were drinking from a fountain. That was pourin' like an avalanche comin' down the mountain.
It always comes back to buttholes around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom