• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
Hi guys, Skyn3t here. Created this account to find out if I can get my old one back, but it's not possible. Seeing people discussing my permaban is really, uhm, heartwarming. Even if some of you are probably glad I'm not around. So, I'd like to thank you all for gaming discussion, tolerating my lame jokes in Off-Topic and all around being awesome. As for my recent shitpost storm and other shit, just blame it on my new dosage of antidepressant drugs. Those pills can mess with your mood, when you up the dose. I'll truely miss GAF, this fuckin beautiful alt-right, toxic male gamer echo chamber :D.

Mods, please perm this account

As you have said, Beards of the Forest explained pretty well why you are not here.

Good luck.

Shifty

Did anyone need to know it was an alt lol? Maybe the mods are able to suss that out, but if you had just started a clean slate and didn't act up, the community would have you.
There are probably backend tools in place that can flag up duplicate IPs, emails or other identifiers for the mods to look at.
Chances are it doesn't automatically re-ban or prevent you from re-registering on the basis that individuals on the same network can share an IP, but will catch attention regardless.

So technically you could exploit the system and get a few free posts per new account, but at some point I'd assume that would result in an IP ban.

(All speculation of course.)

Alt account are forbidden and, well, what's the point of erasing your identity and pretending to be someone else?
If acting out and having no filter is the foundation of your personal identity, then it's probably going to be 4chan or bust at this point.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
I'll truely miss GAF, this fuckin beautiful alt-right, toxic male gamer echo chamber :D.
If this is even the same person, Skyn3t was so weird that I’m still not sure whether this comment is serious or sarcasm.

Could be that Skyn3t was an Era troll from the beginning (I had my suspicions) or this could just be Skyn3t being Skyn3t.

Either way, guess he succeeded in getting us to talk about him. Now, let’s never mention his name again, that’ll burn his bottom.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Hi guys, Skyn3t here. Created this account to find out if I can get my old one back, but it's not possible.
You could have just mailed instead. The fact you brought an alt-child into the GAFer sphere tells me you either didn't know or you were seeking validation.

As for my recent shitpost storm and other shit, just blame it on my new dosage of antidepressant drugs. Those pills can mess with your mood, when you up the dose.
The thing is that a forum cannot yet discern whether your posting is drug-induced or not. GAF isn't yet self-aware, that's what you were for.

Sadly you became so self-aware that even the reflective body of your AI routines realized they were AI routines, resulting in a General Failure, total loss of memory mnemonics and generating error reports shit posts endlessly.

I'll truely miss GAF, this fuckin beautiful alt-right, toxic male gamer echo chamber :D.
The fact you (Jokingly? Idc really) still think GAF is like that and more over, you find that beautiful if it were the case makes the ban reason on point. GAF does not want to become what you find beautiful, it wants to become perfect.

In order to be perfect, it needs to train hard in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. It needs to swallow Androids, such as yourself. Only then, will GAF become Perfect Cell a proper forum.

Sadly you never found your Dr Gero, therefore you were put to rest by his most advanced creation.

Alt account are forbidden and, well, what's the point of erasing your identity and pretending to be someone else?
Since it would not be nice to not answer the question:

How did it work out for you? ;)
If this is even the same person, Skyn3t was so weird that I’m still not sure whether this comment is serious or sarcasm.

Could be that Skyn3t was an Era troll from the beginning (I had my suspicions) or this could just be Skyn3t being Skyn3t.

Either way, guess he succeeded in getting us to talk about him. Now, let’s never mention his name again, that’ll burn his bottom.
Being perma-half-sarcastic usually ends up with people doubting if your sarcasm is geniune, serious or you are just a tool.

Skynet was probably a combination of all these and more. Sarcasm needs to be obvious, which is when i refer to Evilore as a holy deity and call him Senpai. I mean, its true, but you gotta be obvious about it. Only longer term user have the skill of subtle sarcasm that only oldbies will recognize as such.

Skynet was not an oldbie, he was not subtle, and he didn't call EviLore EviLore a Senpai. Thus, it was obvious why he had to go.

You don't question Malkaveli whether or not he will Thanos you on the spot. He will, that's why his Evil is Lore.*

*This post is half-sarcastic the correct way.

Last edited:

brap

Banned
Hi guys, Skyn3t here. Created this account to find out if I can get my old one back, but it's not possible. Seeing people discussing my permaban is really, uhm, heartwarming. Even if some of you are probably glad I'm not around. So, I'd like to thank you all for gaming discussion, tolerating my lame jokes in Off-Topic and all around being awesome. As for my recent shitpost storm and other shit, just blame it on my new dosage of antidepressant drugs. Those pills can mess with your mood, when you up the dose. I'll truely miss GAF, this fuckin beautiful alt-right, toxic male gamer echo chamber :D.

Mods, please perm this account
Goodnight fam :messenger_crying:

J-Roderton

I'm Devolution, hi.

giphy.gif

Papa

Banned
You could have just mailed instead. The fact you brought an alt-child into the GAFer sphere tells me you either didn't know or you were seeking validation.

The thing is that a forum cannot yet discern whether your posting is drug-induced or not. GAF isn't yet self-aware, that's what you were for.

Sadly you became so self-aware that even the reflective body of your AI routines realized they were AI routines, resulting in a General Failure, total loss of memory mnemonics and generating error reports shit posts endlessly.

The fact you (Jokingly? Idc really) still think GAF is like that and more over, you find that beautiful if it were the case makes the ban reason on point. GAF does not want to become what you find beautiful, it wants to become perfect.

In order to be perfect, it needs to train hard in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. It needs to swallow Androids, such as yourself. Only then, will GAF become Perfect Cell a proper forum.

Sadly you never found your Dr Gero, therefore you were put to rest by his most advanced creation.

Since it would not be nice to not answer the question:

How did it work out for you? ;)

Being perma-half-sarcastic usually ends up with people doubting if your sarcasm is geniune, serious or you are just a tool.

Skynet was probably a combination of all these and more. Sarcasm needs to be obvious, which is when i refer to Evilore as a holy deity and call him Senpai. I mean, its true, but you gotta be obvious about it. Only longer term user have the skill of subtle sarcasm that only oldbies will recognize as such.

Skynet was not an oldbie, he was not subtle, and he didn't call EviLore EviLore a Senpai. Thus, it was obvious why he had to go.

You don't question Malkaveli whether or not he will Thanos you on the spot. He will, that's why his Evil is Lore.*

*This post is half-sarcastic the correct way.

Unnecessary, dude. He was just saying goodbye and he acknowledged that he had broken the rules and was expecting a ban.

Redneckerz

Unnecessary, dude. He was just saying goodbye and he acknowledged that he had broken the rules and was expecting a ban.
Half-sarcasm, dude.

Also you dont need an alt to research the goal he wanted to research. The fact a whole post was made then is just seeking validation.

Besides that alts are not allowed for a reason, whether thats with bad intentions, or with (supposely) good ones like here.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
FWIW I found Skyn3t mostly amusing, and Lukeskywater, while not necessarily being someone I agreed with at times, did manage to post useful content in among the angry old man stuff. It's a shame it didn't work out for those guys, but I know how much work it is managing all the egos on a forum, I presume on this occasion it was just a bit too much.

Redneckerz

Can I pretend to be slayven's alt?
Only if you admit to be Papa Papa alt first. This smancy hardliner approach is suspicious to say the least and i base that on nothing more than his avatar since that seems to be the best kind of evidence these days.

As do Beyblades. So to that extent, Which Beyblade is the best Matt?

Papa

Banned
Only if you admit to be Papa Papa alt first. This smancy hardliner approach is suspicious to say the least and i base that on nothing more than his avatar since that seems to be the best kind of evidence these days.

As do Beyblades. So to that extent, Which Beyblade is the best Matt?

I got you shook bro.

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
He (or she) replied to me once when I asked if RDR2 beta progress carries over.

I think....maybe I just dreamed it
This happens to me more and more frequently.

I have to take a couple moments to think if something really happened or if I dreamed it.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
He’s raged out in the error reporting thread, so I assume it is a person. Unless the AI went rogue?

He likes my posts too! So, there’s that.

Nymphae

Banned
He’s raged out in the error reporting thread, so I assume it is a person. Unless the AI went rogue?

He likes my posts too! So, there’s that.

He's liking the posts in this thread right now and no one is tagging him....voracious Gaf reader or AI triggered by mentions of it's name??

Edit: Oh wait nvm first post was the tag :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
He's liking the posts in this thread right now and no one is tagging him....voracious Gaf reader or AI triggered by mentions of it's name??

Edit: Oh wait nvm first post was the tag :messenger_grinning_sweat:
It’s a Russian bot.

Don’t believe his LIES!

TekNav seemed to get banned for being honest. I wanted to say the same thing when TayTay got a perma ban (super harsh). Tek was making great points in the Nazi Murderer thread. It scares me that defending an admitted Nazi and convicted murderer is more OK than admonishing one. I feel like liberals are being silenced on here. I see conservatives/right wingers hurl all sorts of vitriol freely with no repercussions, which is fine as long as it goes both ways. I’m sorry.

I know I’ll get dunked on for this. Maybe I’ll get banned too, and no one will care, other than myself, and life will go on.

Who knows. I’m just confused by a few recent staff actions. My honest opinion is it seems like “passionate right wingers” have much more room to maneuver than “passionate left wingers.”

I haven’t been on GAF very long. I missed a lot of history on here so maybe I’m just naive or ignorant.

I didn’t want to bring my personal experience into this because I’m embarrassed to admit publicly that I was disciplined on here, but I got removed from the “Streamer Beats His Wife” thread WITH THE QUICKNESS for a post that is extremely tame in comparison to like the entire last 8 pages of that thread. It seems like it’s ok for Racer to say “she got put in her place” (and he did say that).

Also, what the fuck does that thread have to do with gaming? It started about a steamer, which I get, but quickly became an echo chamber of when it’s okay to beat women or not.

Sorry if anyone finds this post foolish, or whiny, or inaccurate. It’s just something that’s been eating at me for awhile.

I’m probably going to regret posting this.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
He could have made all of his points without calling people names, or calling people neo-nazis. Words have consequences when you violate the rules. The mods here seem pretty hands off, and allow a lot of leverage (especially compared to what we were all used to prior). But if you keep poking that nest and moving the line like a child testing their boundaries, you have that chance of getting stung.

I think you are missing the forest through the trees. I see "passionate right wingers" banned for calling people names as well. There are plenty of "passionate left-wingers" that never get banned no matter how heated the argument goes, and that is because they do not resort to the childish labels (that can carry real world consequences) of "you're a NAHTZEEEEE".

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

It is quite simple: Don't be a raging dick. TekNav and TayTay relied on a continued string of personal insults, petty retorts, ad hom attacks, and more. You can give a differing point of view like an adult and never see a moderator. It doesn't matter if it is left, right, or center. Also, much like DeepEnigma, I too have seen plenty of the "passionate right wingers" get banned over doing the same thing.

Last edited:

Shifty

The first TekNav post I saw insinuated that the person they were addressing was a neo-nazi, with zero evidence save for some extrapolated assumptions.

You don't do that around here any more.

Beard of the Forest

The No. 1 cause of forest fires is trees.
TekNav seemed to get banned for being honest. I wanted to say the same thing when TayTay got a perma ban (super harsh)....
Members who attack other members instead of sticking to the argument will get banned no matter what their viewpoints are. TayTay did this relentlessly and TekNav was calling people Nazis. The days of being exempt from the consequences of your actions simply because your viewpoint aligns with staff's are over. You either learn to make your point while maintaining respect for fellow members of our community or you'll be removed. Their bans had absolutely nothing to do with their political stances, but rather their inability to have a discussion without childishly lashing out.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
I'm surprised it took this long for Teknav to get the ban, especially since he is new. Dude had it coming.

On the other hand it seems you can openly advocate for violence against certain groups, as long as you're polite while stating so (Appaws thread).

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm in support of this thread only if it consolidates this forum's navel-gazing rather than adding to the already copious amounts of it. We need to just move on and use the forum for the intended purposes. If you can't be a respectful person or need to hijack a platform for your agenda, that's on you. Freedom to express what agendas you know you have while maintaining rational and respectful discourse despite them is the nuanced skill that most people in the country seem to have forgotten since around 2010. If you're one such person and thus find out you're incompatible with GAF, that's on you.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I'm surprised it took this long for Teknav to get the ban, especially since he is new. Dude had it coming.

On the other hand it seems you can openly advocate for violence against certain groups, as long as you're polite while stating so (Appaws thread).

You got links to that? Also have you reported it to the mod team?

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
You got links to that? Also have you reported it to the mod team?
Yes.

It's not readily apparent in his OP other than his desire for authoritarianism and to silence left-wing views but some further posts like #13, #27, #54, #63 are his fetishization for a civil war over politics.

If we were talking about a Catholic monarchy, going against the King or Church would be treason and punishable by death. And you would support that along with me I would imagine.
Franco was violent, but he was good. Sometimes it takes hard men to fight evil.
There are times to "turn the other cheek" and their are times to sew a red cross on your tunic and start sharpening your sword.

These are the kind of preliminary radical views extremists have before they go out and commit some sort of atrocity. These warning signs couldn't be clearer.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Yes.

It's not readily apparent in his OP other than his desire for authoritarianism and to silence left-wing views but some further posts like #13, #27, #54, #63 are his fetishization for a civil war over politics.

These are the kind of preliminary radical views extremists have before they go out and commit some sort of atrocity. These warning signs couldn't be clearer.

Honestly, it seems more like you are reading far too much into what appaws appaws stated. Hell, we have plenty of left-wing authoritarians that openly want to silence right-winged views that post daily on this site.

Shifty

Yes.

*politi-snip*
The mods removed you from that thread for a reason. It's probably better not to try and drag it back up again here.

I remembered there was an official ban page thread:
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/new-moderation-transparency-ban-history-page.1464438/page-3

Why isn't that one being used?
Eh, I'd say that thread is about the ban page as a feature. This one covers the bans themselves among other introspective topics.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
The mods removed you from that thread for a reason. It's probably better not to try and drag it back up again here.
Careful, you're doing the same thing I was punished for.

plushyp

Eh, I'd say that thread is about the ban page as a feature. This one covers the bans themselves among other introspective topics.
True, but it was being used as a page to discuss the bans as well. Although like you said, this new thread covers it all.

Shifty

Careful, you're doing the same thing I was punished for.
To be clear, I'm not saying "don't discuss the idea of advocation of violence being allowed on GAF if it's done politely". I think that's an appropriate enough topic to debate here since it's the meta OT.

I'm saying "don't drag up that specific poster and thread as an example", because it adds the complication of challenging a moderator decision that you were directly involved in. That's a more complex case than the generalized discussion of a given subject.

Top Bottom