• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metacritic Launch Game Scores: X360 & PS3 vs. XBO & PS4

Skeff

We don't want PS4 score to go down to less than 70, do we?

It's on the PS4 list.

I was pointing out Salvor listed 4 out of 5 missing games but missed out on the one rated 45, and then he calls people console warriors, pathetic.

d1rtn4p

These numbers make sense. Worst launch, as far as good exclusives go, that I can remember... Dead Rising 3 barely managed to get me interested; couldn't care less about any other games.

I get the feeling a lot of reviewers are aiming for a clean slate this gen, try and get rid of that 8-10 review scale and make better use of the numbers. Can you imagine a game like Ryse getting 4-5 last gen?

Beelzebubs

I get the feeling a lot of reviewers are aiming for a clean slate this gen, try and get rid of that 8-10 review scale and make better use of the numbers. Can you imagine a game like Ryse getting 4-5 last gen?

Kinda reminds me of The Bouncer from PS2 launch. That reviewed relatively well as it was a pretty game but was mediocre otherwise with there being more cutscenes that actual gameplay..

Copenap

So these are the Xbone games I hear so much about o_O

Not that I give a shit about Metacritic scores but from some people posts you would think the Xbone launch was full of GOTY releases.

Edit: Btw Op the median is probably a more fitting measure in this case.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
It's on the PS4 list.

I was pointing out Salvor listed 4 out of 5 missing games but missed out on the one rated 45, and then he calls people console warriors, pathetic.

Its included now, he simply missed it. Though we all knew that the Multiplats would carry this launch, so the XBO average will get bumped significantly as well.

sono

I dont think these comparisons have have a lot of meaning but seem harmless fun.

Kanck? I know it was just a typo. However, there should be a game called Kanckle which is about the quest to find socks that don't make your calves look like a tube of cookie dough.

I might need this explaining to me (the part about cookie dough, I get the ankle part)

If you'd add all the titles not marked as exlcusive to Xbox one, Xbox one would have 17 games (3 more than PS4). And the average score of Xbox1 would jump to 72.

Was bored and found there is little difference in the average of all 70+ scoring titles (80.5 vs 82.1; 11 Xbox games vs 11 PS4 games). Makes sense, as the majority of the high scores are the multi plat games.

I dont think these comparisons have have a lot of meaning but seem harmless fun.

I might need this explaining to me (the part about cookie dough, I get the ankle part)

A tube of cookie dough is a uniform sausage like shape. Cankles or 'Kankles' tend to mean you have no definition between your calves and ankles, hence cankles. With socks on, a cankle could be akin to a tube of cookie dough. It was a dumb joke regardless.

Would be good to average user scores for exclusive games in a week or two and compare

Maybe average 3 different sites user scores?

Top Bottom