• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Take-Two forecast that 76% of their console sales will be digital

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

During this fiscal year, 74% of console game sales were digital, which was up from 68% last year.
Strauss was very happy with the performance of Grand Theft Auto V, Grand Theft Auto Online, and Red Dead Redemption 2 and with Zynga’s mobile portfolio. He also talked about how the console’s game sales digitally were up by 3% this quarter. Last quarter it was 75%, but now it is 78%. This upcoming quarter they expect this number to be 79%. Last year during this quarter, it was 77%.

RickMasters

But somehow Remedy is stupid and evil for going all digital with Alan Wake 2
I been saying it for ages. the future is in digital sales and subscriptions. Im kinda shocked by that number. nearly all their customers are digital. I suppose thats been the norm on PC for years, but the console audience is starting to get with the times too . I been all digital since the X360 era and have a crazy backlog. id imagine thats the case for a lot of gamers these days. getting up to change discs is so....1990s..

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Cue GI.Biz report about the wide majority of all content sales being digital from last year.

It's inevitable and the ones of us who like buying / renting physically will be dragged kicking and screaming.

Top Bottom