• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venom Fox

Banned
You're either choosing to ignore what I'm saying or you just don't get it. Reread what i wrote and think about it.

Also, the money thing is straight from hayter's mouth

EDIT: i'm not trying to be mean to you, so i'll try to explain further. if david hayter agreed to play SS in TPP, he certainly would not have accepted a role in a fan remake of the same story. it would be a conflict of interest. hayter agreeing to do the MG1 fan remake is just another addition to the laundry list of factual evidence behind him not being in TPP, not the other way around.
I'm not choosing to ignore what your saying and I do understand but clearly we are the ones who have conflicting interests and views. :D

I know your not being mean lol, I've got A Levels and studying a degree so I'm used to debates and people discussing things that they don't agree on.

Hayter talking about not being paid enough is a direct turn around from what he told us and what Kojima told us when this all began, so I'm going to disregard that as a discussion because we will never know what caused Konami to ditch him if he really isn't in TPP.

1. Why wouldn't he accept a role in a fan remake if it at the time was a direct continuation of MGSV?
Kojima may not have told Hayter and the other voice actors that the story of MG was included in TPP, naturally he'd want to keep it a secret until the last minute.

2. Konami were the ones who gave the go ahead on the fan remake, not Kojima.
Like I said, storylines can change, be cut and also be added on to and Kojima having his own production studio would have meant he wouldn't have to tell Konami about any changes to the plot until a project milestone meeting.
When Konami found out they could have just pulled the plug on the fan remake because it would have conflicted with the story that Kojima was going to tell.

3. Why would he participate in a fan remake that was endorsed by Konami if Konami had been so harsh to him after all these years?
I know I wouldn't and neither would any other person who wanted to keep their self respect.

Wow, I'm on my phone so I'm so slow typing and sorry for any mistakes with the grammar.

I'm not choosing to ignore what your saying and I do understand but clearly we are the ones who have conflicting interests and views. :D

I know your not being mean lol, I've got A Levels and studying a degree so I'm used to debates and people discussing things that they don't agree on.

Hayter talking about not being paid enough is a direct turn around from what he told us and what Kojima told us when this all began, so I'm going to disregard that as a discussion because we will never know what caused Konami to ditch him if he really isn't in TPP.

1. Why wouldn't he accept a role in a fan remake if it at the time was a direct continuation of MGSV?
Kojima may not have told Hayter and the other voice actors that the story of MG was included in TPP, naturally he'd want to keep it a secret until the last minute.

2. Konami were the ones who gave the go ahead on the fan remake, not Kojima.
Like I said, storylines can change, be cut and also be added on to and Kojima having his own production studio would have meant he wouldn't have to tell Konami about any changes to the plot until a project milestone meeting.
When Konami found out they could have just pulled the plug on the fan remake because it would have conflicted with the story that Kojima was going to tell.

3. Why would he participate in a fan remake that was endorsed by Konami if Konami had been so harsh to him after all these years?
I know I wouldn't and neither would any other person who wanted to keep their self respect.

Wow, I'm on my phone so I'm so slow typing and sorry for any mistakes with the grammar.

3. why wouldn't he? he was doing it for the fans. which is why he still refers to himself as snake on twitter, why he does the snake voice and convention QandAs, etc.

as for 1 and 2. you're entire theory is contingent upon the following events happening: kojima writing TPP as a MG1 remake, but hiding it from everyone, konami and voice actors included. kojima replacing hayter with sutherland and not even telling him he'd have a role for him to avoid the twitter meltdowns that happened. kojima then gets hayter to agree to play SS in the game, and then tells konami, at which point they tell the MG1 fanmake guys they can't do it. as part of this deal, hayter continues to publicly insist that he's not in the game for seemingly no reason other than to shock MG fans who play the games in english language. all for some meta-twist that only a percentage of fans who play the game will get to enjoy?

that's an awful lot of reaching on your part. this is all in good fun, but in all seriousness, if you're on team A, you're not interesting in facts, you're just blindly hoping against hope that he's in the game. it's fine, like i said, this is all in good fun. but let's not pretend that the factual evidence is on your side.

Pinewood

The argument that they added MG1 in later(end of 2014) is bollocks. Game development doesnt work like that.

E: unless you do Frozen games. Then you have plenty of time to add those levels.
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Retuuuuuuuurn of the 'drax.
Once again

Retuuuurn of the 'drax!!!

This song will now be stuck in my head for ages. Great song though.

Also, I just don't think Ryan Gosling is a good actor, let alone voice work. Though I do enjoy some films he is in like Drive and Only God Forgives.

Rajang

This song will now be stuck in my head for ages. Great song though.

Also, I just don't think Ryan Gosling is a good actor, let alone voice work. Though I do enjoy some films he is in like Drive and Only God Forgives.

I loved Gosling in Drive, haven't seen any other films he played in though. But Gosling as Snake? LOL.

Btw, congrats on becoming Member.

tumblr_lw4e3yPclH1qd6p6fo1_500.gif

zychi

Banned
PC version is still being released after the console versions right? No announcement of a NA special version console yet?

Javier23

Banned
It's going to near impossible to not be spoiled in those two weeks. Fuck.
I'm just gonna steer clear of any gaming site for, basically, a month before the release of the game in PC. It is that easy. Wouldn't do it for any other game, but MGS? It won't be an issue.

zychi

Banned
I'm just gonna steer clear of any gaming site for, basically, a month before the release of the game in PC. It is that easy. Wouldn't do it for any other game, but MGS? It won't be an issue.

You'll have to avoid twitter, youtube, twitch, and sites like gaf completely.

Reaction gifs ruin shit, and people think its funny. When MGS3 came out, some asshole had most of the last scene in a gif as an avatar on another site. It was cruel. If I didn't beat the game within two days of release, it would have ruined it for me.

e: if you go to OT at all, people post TWD, Arrow, Flash and Mad Men gifs THE SAME DAY IT AIRED like they're nothing.

I may have to re-pickup a ps4 just to play this.

Pinewood

You'll have to avoid twitter, youtube, twitch, and sites like gaf completely.

Reaction gifs ruin shit, and people think its funny. When MGS3 came out, some asshole had most of the last scene in a gif as an avatar on another site. It was cruel. If I didn't beat the game within two days of release, it would have ruined it for me.

e: if you go to OT at all, people post TWD, Arrow, Flash and Mad Men gifs THE SAME DAY IT AIRED like they're nothing.

I may have to re-pickup a ps4 just to play this.

Oh yes, that sucks big times. Also those fuckers who are unable to use spoilers correctly.

Houndi101

I wish there was a steady stream of stuff to hype about until release but I guess it kicks off in the late summer at earliest
Also I'm gonna try to save myself for PC, that's where I have Ground Zeroes too

congrats on the membership mac!
Btw, congrats on becoming Member.

Thanks boys

giphy.gif

Biggest culprit is always youtube for me, since searching for anything related will bring up videos with spoiler thumbnails and titles. I would just avoid the internet all together.

Vally

Yeah, the only place I'll be visiting will be the community thread and maybe the gaming OT, but I'm staying the fuck away from youtube/twitch etc.

I remember when MGS4 came out I had the ending spoiled because an asshole on a forum posted a scan from a magazine with a huge picture of Big Boss :mad:

Kindekuma

Banned
Gonna call HQ for a random thought/request.

TORA! HQ! HQ!

I know you're not able to comment on this but is there any way you can possibly talk to the guys at Valve to have TPP available for pre-load on Steam? We all have no idea how big the game is storage wise, and a lot of people will be downloading the game on launch.

GZ was only like a 4GB download on Steam at release and I can understand the reason behind no pre-load, but please have Konami/Steam/Whoever consider it for TPP!

Gonna call HQ for a random thought/request.

TORA! HQ! HQ!

I know you're not able to comment on this but is there any way you can possibly talk to the guys at Valve to have TPP available for pre-load on Steam? We all have no idea how big the game is storage wise, and a lot of people will be downloading the game on launch.

GZ was only like a 4GB download on Steam at release and I can understand the reason behind no pre-load, but please have Konami/Steam/Whoever consider it for TPP!

Also why is it £60 on PC for UK people?

JayEH

Btw are the YongYea interviews and videos any good? Worth a watch?

Hit and miss for the most part. His longer videos can be good but they take too long to come out and most of his "findings" have already been discussed throughout the Internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom