• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Strongly considering going to a midnight release for this.

If I do, I'll wear my aviators and when the cashier hands me the bag I can ask him "What took you so long?"

brau

If I do, I'll wear my aviators and when the cashier hands me the bag I can ask him "What took you so long?"

Will they have cake?

Last mid night release i went to was LA Noire... and they had cake. It was wonderful hahaha.

Crypt

3.jpg

I think this one shows the meaning of the "child" text that was next to the fulton info info in the sortie prep screen shots. Everyone kept saying it meant child soldiers, but I think it means the little balloons that are attached to the big one.

brau

I think this one shows the meaning of the "child" text that was next to the fulton info info in the sortie prep screen shots. Everyone kept saying it meant child soldiers, but I think it means the little balloons that are attached to the big one.

I know spanish... but those are way too low res for me to make out what it says. except for the title. lol.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."

If they don't respond with "kept you waitin', huh?" you need to find a new store.

dc89

Will they have cake?

Last mid night release i went to was LA Noire... and they had cake. It was wonderful hahaha.

Last midnight release I went to was Halo 3 - bloomin' ages ago!
Last product launch I queued up at was the iPhone 4 and I got free Krispy Kremes (spelling) and some coffee.

If they don't respond with "kept you waitin', huh?" you need to find a new store.

I'll be so disappointed. If I do indeed go - I will of course report back with the success of this interaction.

NCell

Indeed, but what is their purpose? Faster extraction or same time but more balloons to pop to prevent it from lifting up?

EDIT: In the Infiltration demo the fulton is equipped with the "+children" upgrade but when he fultons the soldiers and the commander each fulton has only one balloon.

Crypt

Indeed, but what is their purpose? Faster extraction or same time but more balloons to pop to prevent it from lifting up?

I would imagine you need more balloons to extract heavier things or like you said, it just prevents it from being popped by having more chances. Maybe you upgrade from one balloon, then 2 children, then 4 children, then the worm hole fulton.

realcZk

I know spanish... but those are way too low res for me to make out what it says. except for the title. lol.

Bummer, I tried sharpening and running the images through some filters, I can't really get it to the point where I can make out the characters well enough to be translatable. I'm sure knowing the language would help since sometimes you can make out the word without knowing what all the characters in between are, but for an English-only speaker like me it's more difficult :p

wilsonda

Does anyone plan to remap the PS4 trigger buttons to the shoulder buttons for tpp/mgo? I've been getting used to the controller versus my Xbox one controller and I feel like the shoulder buttons may give me tighter feel/response then the triggers

I am really bad at playing Ground Zeroes. I started to collecting all XOF Patches and I died a lot, really a lot. It took me 73 minutes for all patches and rescuing Chico and Paz :|

brau

First img talks about speed of the different move types. there is a golden rule section... that depends on how far away you are from an enemy and how they work best.

Pretty straight forward.

The one with the balloons is hard to make out.

Seriously.. if i had good scans this would be easy to translate. lol.

Thirs image is just a recap of the mission 01. Ghost Members. Projected route, area of hte mission, and notes about it with details. Thats about it.

Bummer, I tried sharpening and running the images through some filters, I can't really get it to the point where I can make out the characters well enough to be translatable. I'm sure knowing the language would help since sometimes you can make out the word without knowing what all the characters in between are, but for an English-only speaker like me it's more difficult :p

took them into photoshop.. and even with my exp using the program, all i can read is garbled. lol.

realcZk

First img talks about speed of the different move types. there is a golden rule section... that depends on how far away you are from an enemy and how they work best.

Pretty straight forward.

The one with the balloons is hard to make out.

Seriously.. if i had good scans this would be easy to translate. lol.

Thirs image is just a recap of the mission 01. Ghost Members. Projected route, area of hte mission, and notes about it with details. Thats about it.

took them into photoshop.. and even with my exp using the program, all i can read is garbled. lol.

Potentially dumb question but - i thought mission 1 was where you escape from the hospital? What mission 1 would this be referring to? At least in all the demos didn't the first mission have a hospital icon next to it?

brau

Potentially dumb question but - i thought mission 1 was where you escape from the hospital? What mission 1 would this be referring to? At least in all the demos didn't the first mission have a hospital icon next to it?

That would be a prologue maybe... but official first mission.. with Big Boss back would be this mission. Or at least that is how i see it.

DevilFox

Dudes I've read Nikkei's article on Konami just now. That's terrible, I feel bad for all of them :\ And I feel ashamed for what I said on Kojima, regardless of bad budget management no one deserves to be treated like that.

realcZk

Dudes I've read Nikkei's article on Konami just now. That's terrible, I feel bad for all of them :\ And I feel ashamed for what I said on Kojima, regardless of bad budget management no one deserves to be treated like that.

It's horrible, I really hope it wasn't as bad as it sounds. KojiPro being cut off from the internet in march and Kojima being "isolated/incarcerated" to his office sounds super depressing. I hope they were able to find the motivation and passion within their team to put the final touches on the product without too much trouble. Really sucks.

I'm not too familiar with the working culture over there. If this article is true, do you think most employees affected will be seeking jobs elsewhere or will they want to stay where they are?

Shy

Can anyone translate the flow chart please. Or is it to small.
The wait is so unbearable.
KuGsj.gif
It really is. :(
I hope i am not the only who is going to use the OuterGAF insignia for his Mother Base! I will keep Diamond Dogs for some time in order to stay true to the story but eventually i will use OuterGAF!

Invaders will know they are gonna get fucked once they see this.
OuterGAF! Our new home!
Fuck yeah i will.
Wait, can u even use custom emblems?
That's what i want to know.
They haven't shown us how it works exactly but it was mentioned in past demos that you could customize your emblems.
My fear is that we can only customise existing emblems, and it won't let us make one from scratch.
No. Guards radio in their position/status and request support.
t7WIMuG.gif

Arjac

On the subject of custom soundtracks, I wanted to discuss my latest addition. King Crimson's "Thela Hun Ginjeet". First of all, it's a funky fantastic song that was released in '81. Thela Hun Ginjeet is a nonsensical anagram for "heat in the jungle". That being said, I'm going to have it playing on loop while I'm free-roaming Africa for diamonds and other supplies. I need to get to contribooting to that music spreadsheet.
1369369057363.png

good taste in music BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROTHER

TheBoss1

Holy shit what?! Which video was this shown in?

ONLY GRIPE WITH THE GAMEPLAY GONE
HYPE LEVELS EXCEEDING CRITICAL MASS

I doubt it. The first gameplay demo of this year's E3 showed that instant alert does happen still. After Big Boss fultoned the target, he was spotted by a heavily armored soldier. Right after reflex mode ended, the entire area was aware of his presence and THEN a soldier radioed in their current status.

Currently replaying GZ and trying to 100% it. Do you unlock something in Phantom Pain for getting 100% in GZ? I could have sworn I heard something about that somewhere.

Also how reliable is Amazon in delivering games on launch day?

brau

Did anyone else hear about the goats?
"you can request goat herds from motherbase as mobile cover"
O_O

lol.. this true? hahahahahaha
so we can go to someone elses FOB. Steal their goats... and then use them as cover against them when they try to recover them???

NeoGiff

Oh no! I just remembered...

I'm going on a family holiday to France later this month, and won't be back until late on Wednesday night (September 2nd)... so I won't get to pick up TPP from the store until the 3rd. Obviously I'm not complaining about the holiday, but shit!

How will I be able to resist reading through the OT on the journey home? :(

brau

I'm going on a family holiday to France later this month, and won't be back until late on Wednesday night (September 2nd)... so I won't get to pick up TPP from the store until the 3rd. Obviously I'm not complaining about the holiday, but shit!

Submerge all your electronic devices in water. Lock yourself up in the car... or something. i dunno.

MajorTom

I can't speak for anyone else but I definitely won't be posting spoilers anywhere.
Also if there is a spoiler thread then avoid it.
It sucks that you won't play day 1 but at least you're getting a holiday :p

Rajang

Be strong brother. Forget GAF for those couple of days.

And there should be a specific spoiler thread for MGSV anyway. You can't just post spoilers in the community thread without any spoiler tags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom