• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAMARMO

Banned
can some one make this an avatar and put a hideo kojima game
HltXFYu.png

brau

Brau, I gotta ask, do you just sit on these forums waiting for avatar requests?

That took all of 5 minutes to process that one.

Granted, it's not hard work, but you are always on point with it.

edit: plz put bb horn on my dude

ja6iYQN.png

actually.. your edges are pretty rough. so i cleaned them up as well.

nI5cnjs.png

brau

Three minutes. Nice. 'anks brau

Also, nice work taking out the glasses. I was too lazy.

I cleaned it up. Check edit on previous post.

EDIT: also...

it had some white dots on the corner. Removed those.

rtKHPL5.png

As far as your comment... if its a quick fix and i can do it in less than 5 mins i usually do it. Some requests are pretty long and i have a few of those in hold. You can ask Dawg, Prince and Akiller lol.

I have fun doing avatars and edits. I have more fun painting original work tho. But PS edits are fun and mindless. I am subs to avatar thread, so every time i see it jump, i look to see if i can do it quick and help out. You should see how many santa hats i did when i first joined. that was fun.

KorrZ

Where would OuterGAF be without Brau's avatar skills? This lovely avatar was done by him as well :D

I noticed you popping your head into the Witcher 3 thread as well Brau, how are you liking it so far?

Says the man who likes attention.

BTW Shery. How is father Giascome coming along? eh? buddy? still stuck?

Listen. Just because I want everyone to love me and listen to me and respond to me all the time doesn't means I'm an attention whore.

Father and i worked it out. Like adults. we ain't even mad anymore.

brau

Where would OuterGAF be without Brau's avatar skills? This lovely avatar was done by him as well :D

I noticed you popping your head into the Witcher 3 thread as well Brau, how are you liking it so far?

i am about to boot it up to play. i am loving it so far. Only couple of hrs into it. tho. How about you?

Listen. Just because I want everyone to love me and listen to me and respond to me all the time doesn't means I'm an attention whore.

Father and i worked it out. Like adults. we ain't even mad anymore.

Subtitles: I have yet to beat father giascome, disappoint.

Palpable

Wait, you had him on twitter? Why didn't you contact him about the OT?

Because I asked in the OT OT and got my answer, then everyone got butthurt at me for asking about the OT in the OT. If Dawg wanted to update me months ago, he should've PM'd me when he began working on it in the first place.

Because I asked in the OT OT and got my answer, then everyone got butthurt at me for asking about the OT in the OT. If Dawg wanted to update me months ago, he should've PM'd me when he began working on it in the first place.

Well, you didn't ask in the traditional way, you just tried to take it and that is what upset's people.

JayEH

It's not like the MGO and TPP OTs need to be coordinated. There's going to be very little shared info between the two.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Hi. My understanding is that this situation has been resolved, and yet we got contacted to ask us to follow-up and deal with the situation, so here I am.

1. No one can claim an OT. Posting that you want to make an OT in a community thread or in the |OT| |OT| is an expression of interest designed to prevent unnecessary duplications of effort, not a claim to the exclusion of others. Who "claimed" it first is irrelevant.

2. No one is obligated to participate in the GAF community thread for a series to make a game from that series' OT.

3. If multiple people want to work on an OT, we expect them to work together and accept input from one another and resolve conflicts internally without getting moderation involved. We have absolutely no problem junioring everyone who is fighting and just posting a blank thread with the game's box art and a turd emoji. Our preference is to prune back OTs more generally, so I don't think any of us are going to consider it a loss if we have to lock or prevent two big super fandom threads and replace it with a concise practical one. To the extent that you think that's not a good outcome, it's on you as someone who wants to work on the thread to avoid it by working with the other people who want to work on the thread. That being said, no one has an obligation to follow up with an off-site or banned user to seek their input or to respond on Twitter.

4. Stop being (passive-)aggressive to each other.

These rules boil down to what a kindergarten teachers says: play nice and share toys. If someone needs to repeat them, it's because people have failed to master kindergarten level social interaction. I don't think it's much to ask. If this sounds patronizing to you, I'm sorry, but please imagine how frustrating it is to me that I have to take time out of what I'm doing to say this stuff.

Any feedback or questions, follow up with a mod who isn't me rather than continuing the thread derail.

Palpable

Someone went to a mod about this? Oh lord.

Dawg is banned/juniored, therefore I inquired about the OT. How difficult is that to comprehend and not get so upset over?

My best guess is that some of you see it as me trying to "take" something that isn't even his in the first place. OT's do not belong to a single person.

MajorTom

Dawg is banned/juniored, therefore I inquired about the OT. How difficult is that to comprehend and not get so upset over?

My best guess is that some of you see it as me trying to "take" something that isn't even his in the first place. OT's do not belong to a single person.
Just leave it dude.

Kindekuma

Banned

I dunno, there was a vote on who should handle the next OT and I thought it came to an agreement that there was going to be a collaboration of sorts. You're right, an OT doesn't belong to one single person, so it was a good question to ask.

We have less than 350 more pages until the next OT so I don't think we really need to worry about it right at the moment.

Edit: Crap I double posted for once. My bad!

Palpable

I dunno, there was a vote on who should handle the next OT and I thought it came to an agreement that there was going to be a collaboration of sorts. You're right, an OT doesn't belong to one single person, so it was a good question to ask.

We have less than 350 more pages until the next OT so I don't think we really need to worry about it right at the moment.

Edit: Crap I double posted for once. My bad!

You should see this garbage on Twitter of LD, Prince, and Dawg all talking shit about my inquiry in the OT. Prince magically came to the conclusion of me wanting to steal both OT's and not collab with anyone. Read this garbage by LD. He has to stir the pot every chance he gets because he just decided one day to hate me. This childish shit I'm dragged into by him gets tiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom