• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

Gyrian

I am very hyped for this one! I've been playing it since launch, the fantastic gameplay has kept me coming back over and over. Thank you for posting the trailer! Spotted, most clearly thus far, the afro and ponytail:

wgxT90S.jpg

jqpyY4T.jpg

Heres to you, Patch 1.10. Save this game.

For some reason, I can hear this as a pretty good verse to the tune of Here's to You, Nicola and Bart. :D

Bold fucking move to ask money for this. As if its Online community is sprawling - this will only exclude and split more players playing it.

Gyrian

I expected them to handle that much worse, frankly. It's inexpensive and the new maps have temporary exclusivity to the DLC.

RoeBear

Bold fucking move to ask money for this. As if its Online community is sprawling - this will only exclude and split more players playing it.
It really isn't. Five dollars is extremely affordable. Three more maps is well worth that. You can still play them for free when survival rolls around for 10 attempts per week. Plus the community that has been playing will pay. The only ones that won't already dropped the game.

Foxxsoxx

Any of you guys playing Survival? It's giving me a lot more reason to play now that there is a reliable way to get GP and have some great matches.

Decided to put this on and have a look at the online.

Not completed the single player game - I've never felt the urge to give it enough of a try and really really miss the way the game used to be....although I do appreciate certain qualities and kind of want to...

Anyways, on average @ 5 - 10 matches online max.

None on any of the maps I've not seen or wanted had anyone.

All mainly Bounter Hunter.

All with own host rules (not that everyone sticks to them).

Got in a game 2vs1. I was Ocelot and they were Snake. They could be camouflaged, had an electric zapper, some other form of elocater and continually beat the shit out of me at every single spawn (both the HQ and Spawn 1 were more or less next to each other). Hmmm, had a bit of a laugh until I finally shot the fucker TWICE who kept spawn killing me only for it to do nothing lol! That was it, I was off!

Spent another hour or so trying to get into games with hosts rules, many saying starting in 'x' minutes. Couldn't be arsed waiting.

I'm obviously very very poor at this game but it seems there isn't much incentive to keep trying. Firstly due to the feeling of being so far behind other players skill set AND their unlocks but mainly because there is no-one playing it.

This is an extremely poor showing from Konami.

Worst £50 I've ever spent and was really hesitant in the first place (all looked waaaay too samey and the open world aspect seemed wrong imo and after playing the single player, felt I was right!) but bought it cos my son wanted it but it's my own fault so there we have it - about 1 inch from being deleted off my hard drive - the only game I've got that I'm about to do it with...

Gutted.

Reminds me of playing KSF 'Like A Boss Mode' and loving it until one day, it was just gone :-(

side note: I had to find this page using google cos I can never find anything through the search button on here lol! I know I'm a bit dim but obviously worse than I thought!

nillah

Banned
Been a few months since survival mode came out, long time mgo2 player and not having that mode in this game was why I haven't bought it yet anyone know how's she running?

Been a few months since survival mode came out, long time mgo2 player and not having that mode in this game was why I haven't bought it yet anyone know how's she running?
You can play survival everyday provided you have tickets to play. I actually haven't played in a while, but they seemed pretty busy at the time.

I want to hop back in is it dead?

There's around just over 1,000 playing on PS4 usually. On automatch you'll generally join a match with like 3 per side.

So yeah, it's pretty dead. Even MGO2 was more active in it's later years, when it was overrun by lag switchers and Mao.

Foxxsoxx

I came back to playing this after the months and it just saddens me at how much potential this had...

It's neat for what it is, but it could have been something truly special.

Aselith

There's around just over 1,000 playing on PS4 usually. On automatch you'll generally join a match with like 3 per side.

So yeah, it's pretty dead. Even MGO2 was more active in it's later years, when it was overrun by lag switchers and Mao.

I guess it's a bad idea to launch your multiplayer months late

Top Bottom