• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online to World Premiere at The Game Awards

Andrefpvs

Nice to see all the TSNE love.

It really was a fantastic game mode. I'm excited to (hopefully) see it on a better engine (with no cheaters/lag switching this time, please).

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I spit hyperventilate at my computer screen.
Yes!
YES!!!
GIMME GIMME GIMME

If there's no text chat, it's the worst thing ever.

Please no KonamiUplay sign in system this time. Please!?

272.gif

I loved MGO2 on the PS3. That and Warhawk were some of my favourite PS3 MP experiences. One of the rare cases where I REALLY went out of my way to get the DLC. I think I had 3 characters last time I checked before the servers went down. 1 main character with the Canadian flag plastered all over him cause I thought it'd be funny, and 2 female characters cause waifus.

if I remember correctly the LA studio is working on the Online part, right?

Yeah the LA studio is handling the MP this time. Hopefully that means no Konami ID bullshit. Though part of MGO2's draw was how weird it was compared to other MP games at the time. Hopefully they don't lose some of that.

fader

This is make it or break it for me... I hope they don't dramatically change from the skeleton of MGO2.

Yes, which has me kind of worried.

Hopefully it's very similar to MGO2 and very different from other popular games.

Regardless, excited to finally hear something about it.

yea im worried about that too I remember Kojima saying he was disappointing on how unpopular it was in America even thought it was very popular in Japan. I'm worried that he might go for a different structure to attempt to grab more Americans

Called it!

The gifs here. lololol

Joakim Noah to Derrick Rose:

"You're a legend in the eyes of those who live on the basketball court. That's why you have to handle this late-game situation yourself. Put those two years on ice, and return... as D. Rose. That's how Coach Thibodeau would want it. I'll be sending additional plays by hand signal. Stay sharp. Not one of Thib's bench players contributed -- and they were good. All we found on the floor were their empty stats and these... *Wins* He'll be missing them, and you're his only chance of getting 'em back.

Now, go! Let the legend come back to life..."

ibwgrjt8mCJ71D.gif

Reule

OMGOMGOMGOMOMG!

I cannot fucking wait. Metal Gear Online was my absolute favorite online game ever. I hope they keep Survival, Tournaments, Codecs, and the Reward Shop at least. I'm assuming gameplay mechanics and movement will match something close to how Phantom Pain will be. I am so hyped right now, I just screamed.

RK9039

OMG

I'M READY TORASHIRO.

PLEASE BRING KEROTAN AND GAKO BACK.

SURVIVAL/TOURNAMENT MODE

RWD POINTS

GeePee

2nkigc9.gif

squadr0n

OMG YESSSSSSS!!!

I knew this was going to happen since the LA studio was formed. The base defense multiplayer looks awesome but this game needed a real MGO. Just hopeing they dont sell it standalone, at least at first, and seriously no Konami id bullshit this time. that was a nightmare.

Hopefully they can stop people from hacking and lag-switching.

RK9039

People actually liked TSNE.

I hated it. RACE, CAP, BOMB and BASE were the ones I liked and played most. I hope there's a Horse Racing mode.

Lucent

I don't know if I want to watch the awards this year. It was pretty horrible last year. Not funny at all. I just stayed for the trailers and stuff. I guess it depends on what I'm doing that day.

raven777

Yeah the LA studio is handling the MP this time. Hopefully that means no Konami ID bullshit. Though part of MGO2's draw was how weird it was compared to other MP games at the time. Hopefully they don't lose some of that.

Yes, which has me kind of worried.

Hopefully it's very similar to MGO2 and very different from other popular games.

Regardless, excited to finally hear something about it.

Yea I could see the positive side of getting rid of the Konami ID thing, but negative side of MGO losing it's unique charm and following more popular shooter..

Jawmuncher

A part of me wants the game to have the crazy patching system and the konami ID again.
As painful as it was, it was a part of MGO to me.

Does Kojima just never sleep, or what? I mean he has 2 AAA games already pending.

Twist: This is actually more Kojima Trolling™ and it's f2p with hilarious farming conditions.
Who knows, it's freaking Kojima. I wouldn't put it past him.

Am I the only one that hates creating your own character in the online mode of games like these? I mean you have all these amazing characters, and in the first MGO you could play as those and even some girls from Rumble Roses, that was really amazing. I would like to see something like the first Gears of War where everyone is a character from the franchise in the online instead of a generic soldier with accesories.

RK9039

I'm confused. I though Metal Gear Online was released a while ago

It was, this is the third MGO. The last MGO was apart of MGS4.

Am I the only one that hates creating your own character in the online mode of games like these? I mean you have all these amazing characters, and in the first MGO you could play as those and even some girls from Rumble Roses, that was really amazing. I would like to see something like the first Gears of War where everyone is a character from the franchise in the online instead of a generic soldier with accesories.

You could play as the story characters as well, but that was only possible in certain modes and custom mode settings. Liquid Ocelot in MGO2 could mess around with the SOP system during a match like he does in the singleplayer. I hope they bring some of that stuff back.

yeah, playing barbie was one of the most enjoying parts of the game for me

This will be my first MGO experience since I've been late to every to the party with nearly every previous mgs game. (Unless for some crazy reason it's not a part of the Steam version of TPP.)

Zeph Lee

Neo Member

You could play as special characters in MGO in MGS4 as well
tumblr_n82g6wncSu1s6vmgfo1_500.gif

I liked creating my own guy/gal in mgo
Showed how much time you put into the game as well, as getting those colored berets from tournaments.

Top Bottom