• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online will be playable at TGS 2015

AKyemeni

https://twitter.com/Konami/status/641999666750488576

KONAMI TGS 2015 will feature the world’s first playable demo kiosks for MGSV MGO allowing 16 players to play at once

COjXS2JVAAAA4VJ.jpg

Here's a Livestream Link for when it happens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LueQzhsIWg

RK9039

Nice, hopefully it plays similar to MGO2. I haven't tried FOBs yet but I hope there's no bullet sponge, MGO2 was basically a headshot only game and I loved that about it.

Nice, hopefully it plays similar to MGO2. I haven't tried FOBs yet but I hope there's no bullet sponge, MGO2 was basically a headshot only game and I loved that about it.

Heavy body armor and auto-shotgun is the current godmode in MGS5 online modes :/

How nice of them to let people play a big part of their game at a trade show when they have the game at home, yet cannot access it.

This kind of thing is absolutely bullshit. Just release the whole game at once...

jacobeid

Banned
The Konami hate can be sad sometimes. It's easier to play offline than online right now.

Then how come my offline game is affected by online features I can't opt out of? The features that Konami themselves said we wouldn't have to touch at all if we didn't want to?

Nvzman

dont think it will be playable in october with these servers lol
On PS4 the servers have been fine with connecting ever since a few days after launch.

The problem is that the servers won't let you stay connected for more than an hour or two before it just kicks you offline. You can just reconnect but still.
So Konami better sort that shit out.

Are headshots still effective against someone with that set up?

yeah you can't wear a helmet with that armor, but the characters move so fast you'll be stunlocked from the shotgun blasts from a running foe before you can lineup any headshots.

MayMay

Banned
Then how come my offline game is affected by online features I can't opt out of? The features that Konami themselves said we wouldn't have to touch at all if we didn't want to?

The damage done by ppl invading FOBs is literally neglectable.

Spinluck

Based on infiltration/defend missions, the online will be an unbalanced joke.

I really hope i'm wrong and that this mode is fun, coop in the series would also be cool.

Astarte

excited for this but scared how many hackers there will be on PC. :(

Every single invasion that I've tried to stop so far consisted of me watching the invincible intruder teabag every soldier before killing them. Why the hell do they always do the same thing

Top Bottom