• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising E3 Demo Title Screen

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Of course it is. Why have the focus on Raiden at all then?

The reason he is the main focus because of how awesome he was to watch in 4. You wanted to play those segments where he was taken down mech after mech, doing all this crazy shit onscreen. That is the reason why this game exists and I'm more than happy that it is an extension of the MGS universe.

Because Konami wants to do something different with a spinoff of the franchise? They saw the potential in an already established character to create a spinoff. By "catering to MGS fans" I mean creating a new stealth action game... one that diehards are familiar with.

Personally, I found nothing all that impressive about Raiden in MGS4. I'm still excited for Revengeance because of the gameplay showcased and the developer involved.

gonna be seeing lots of this.

stealth fans vs. action fans.

I'm both, but i'm more one than the other.

go team action

Given that it's no longer called Metal Gear Solid, things don't have to be this way. Metal Gear Ac!d happened guys! Series can be whatever it wants now, spin-offs are welcome, I know this game for obvious reasons isn't going to please every Metal Gear fan but there's no justification for anyone to get whiny about it (unless it turns out to be a turd).

I bet someone at Platinum saw the live action trailers and said: "Fans don't care about this. We could show the title screen for a minute and generate more excitement than these trailers"

And he would be correct. I'm a huge Metal Gear fan, but I'm also a huge Platinum fan. This is as win/win as it gets for me as far as marriage between dream game concept and dream development studio.

"Metal Gear Solid Rising is in development hell, why don't they just give it to Platinum?" - I wished for it and it came true!

AuM_LXKCMAE5Y7E.jpg:large

RAIDEN HATES COPS CONFIRMED

Not as cool as the VGA business cards though.

Haunted

Will probably be the best Metal Gear branded game in the last 8 years. There's no way an action game by Platinum will be worse than the abuse we fans got since then.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
just hit me - a video of the title screen = demo released on xbl and psn @ e3. maybe?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Given that it's no longer called Metal Gear Solid, things don't have to be this way. Metal Gear Ac!d happened guys! Series can be whatever it wants now, spin-offs are welcome, I know this game for obvious reasons isn't going to please every Metal Gear fan but there's no justification for anyone to get whiny about it (unless it turns out to be a turd).

Yeah, it feels like people seem to forget that Metal Gear SOLID is the mainline series, but we had Metal Gear Acid already... It was a fun spinoff, and it didn't ruin the rest of the core series.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Best game of all time, every time.

Not even being sarcastic. MGS2 was a postmodern masterpiece. This is a postmodern parody of the action genre and the antithesis of MGS2.

If the subject can navigate and solve this, it will be ready for any contingency.

You, the player, will come back into the shoes of Jack the Ripper. In MGS2, you were in the shoes of Raiden.

renitou

It's not for me since I haven't enjoyed anything Metal Gear post-MGS3, but goodness, that attract screen rolls into one a lot of what I found so blah about Metal Gear Solid 4.

Kinyou

just hit me - a video of the title screen = demo released on xbl and psn @ e3. maybe?
That would be sooooo good. I remember that first "bringing it home" E3 on Xbox live where they actually released the Lost Planet demo even though the game was still half a year away. man, great times.

faridmon

Was the OP really banned for this the thread? Lol if true.

I am really excited for this game. Have a nonesical storyline as well Platinum.

Top Bottom